Trust The Process: Using Fake Twitter Accounts To Bash Your Players/Predecessor

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Trust The Process: Using Fake Twitter Accounts To Bash Your Players/Predecessor

Postby benji on Wed May 30, 2018 3:21 pm

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... elle-fultz

Eric jr bristled at the perception that Hinkie deserved credit for turning around the franchise. “BC has done nothing but clean up hinkie’s mess,” the account wrote in January 2017.

When a Sixers fan with the handle @T_Buecher320 posted an image of Hinkie’s head superimposed on a dancing body, Enoughunkownsources was triggered. “I just hate that Gif,” they groused.

thank god the league saved the sixers from embarassment
Last edited by benji on Wed May 30, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benji

Re: Trust The Process: Using Fake Twitter Accounts To Bash Your Players/Predecessor

Postby benji on Wed May 30, 2018 3:22 pm

someone jokingly replied to one of the accounts with, “This you, Bryan?,” Enoughunkownsources claimed to know Colangelo. “No - but thanks for the compliment!” they answered. “He is too classy to even engage. Worked with him: he is a class act.”

whew that was close
benji

Re: Trust The Process: Using Fake Twitter Accounts To Bash Your Players/Predecessor

Postby benji on Wed May 30, 2018 3:22 pm

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1 ... 6478219264
Joel Embiid

@JoelEmbiid
Joel told me that @samhinkie IS BETTER AND SMARTER THAN YOU @AlVic40117560 #BurnerAccount

11:00 PM - May 29, 2018 · Philadelphia, PA
benji

Postby Lamrock on Wed May 30, 2018 4:09 pm

In Colangelo's defense, he can't win with these cats...
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Where is QuiereSultan when you need him?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed May 30, 2018 6:17 pm

The most obvious burner account usernames since the guy who got banned here and came back as PissedAtAndrew.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Wed May 30, 2018 8:34 pm

In February, The Ringer received an anonymous tip that Bryan Colangelo, the Philadelphia 76ers’ president of basketball operations, had been secretly operating five Twitter accounts.

Our source, whose identity is still unknown, contacted me via anonymous “egg” accounts on both Instagram and Twitter, claiming that they had a scoop. The source explained that they worked in artificial intelligence and, after noticing a “bunch of weird tweets” directed at Sixers writers, used an open-source data analysis tool to link five accounts through commonalities including similarities in who the accounts followed and linguistic quirks.

Sam Hinkie isn't fucking around anymore.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 31, 2018 12:40 am

Andrew wrote:The most obvious burner account usernames since the guy who got banned here and came back as PissedAtAndrew.

Even though it's not a burner account, I think my favorite username that I've seen on here is "Codex33"..... real smart.

But yeah, this is funny. The part about Fultz being made to shoot from a chair and on his back by his mentor was my favorite. I guess the question is, how long before he gets fired? or does he? We all know it's burner accounts, but it has yet to be 100% proven. Giving out information about players that shouldn't see the light of day (Okafor physical information), should be enough if its proven its him.

I know Julius Erving was named as an advisor for the organization back in 2012, but I've always wanted him to take a more pronounced role (More public role) in the organization. A brilliant basketball mind, and from what I gather he has had financial problems in the recent past. Also, maybe he isn't interesting in a more involved/public role.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 am

Seems an investigation is forthcoming. No surprise there.

The Philadelphia 76ers have launched an independent investigation into the Twitter habits of Bryan Colangelo.

"An online media outlet filed a story linking multiple social media accounts to 76ers president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo. The allegations are serious and we have commenced an independent investigation into the matter," the Sixers' statement said. "We will report the results of that investigation as soon as it is concluded."

Colangelo has denied Tweeting from the accounts in question.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:35 am

How can we be sure that the burner accounts weren't made by Hinkie himself so he could pin it on Colangelo?

What if it's Colangelo's way of convincing Durant to ask for a trade to the Sixers?

If Colangelo gets fired Hinkie should be given back the job, there's no other way to it.

From bball-ref themselves, only for a day.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:06 am

Alternatively, it was David Stern causing trouble from afar. Retirement can probably get boring.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:38 am

New twist: his wife is probably involved
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm

As a Philadelphia 76ers internal probe into anonymous Twitter accounts has become increasingly focused on the wife of President of Basketball Operations Bryan Colangelo, franchise ownership is seriously considering Colangelo's dismissal, league sources told ESPN.

lol if he's throwing his wife under the bus
benji

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:35 am

Yeah, inevitable.

What a stupid way to lose your job.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:32 am

BRING BACK HINKIE
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA & Basketball