2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Warriors in 4
13%
Warriors in 5
19%
Warriors in 6
13%
Warriors in 7
No votes
Cavs in 4 (bruh)
No votes
Cavs in 5
No votes
Cavs in 6
No votes
Cavs in 7
13%
Golden Knights in 6
No votes
STAND FOR THE FLAG
6%
Wake me up when it's the draft
31%
These poll options suck. Should have just recycled last year's... or the year before's
6%

Total votes : 16

2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Postby Lamrock on Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Yeah I don't like the NFL's politics either but at least there's some competition. Warriors in 6 just because they've been complacent. However this could be an opportunity for a fairytale end to LeBron's career. Doubt it though.
Lamrock

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue May 29, 2018 1:49 pm

warriors in 5

the way these warriors players are celebrating rn they know they already got another ring lol
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Tue May 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Warriors in 1. I dont believe the Cavaliers stand any chance at all.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue May 29, 2018 1:59 pm

btw since this series is pretty much decided i just want to say LeBron is better than Jordan (The Cleveland version of LeBron, not Miami), even if they get swept in this series.

Jordan had the best coach in the league at the time, as well as a really strong cast with Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper, and his competition was honestly not at the same caliber. And the shit LeBron went through this season to get his team to the Finals is as JVG and Jackson said his greatest achievement.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Tue May 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Warriors in 4, won't rule out the Cavs taking one though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 29, 2018 2:14 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:btw since this series is pretty much decided i just want to say LeBron is better than Jordan (The Cleveland version of LeBron, not Miami), even if they get swept in this series.

Jordan had the best coach in the league at the time, as well as a really strong cast with Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper, and his competition was honestly not at the same caliber. And the shit LeBron went through this season to get his team to the Finals is as JVG and Jackson said his greatest achievement.

This is not even worth responding to. I've said my peace on this matter in another thread. However I will say, my brother and I just had a really good laugh about it, so thank you.

Prediction: Warriors win this one 4-1, Cavs will be allowed to get one at home.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm pretty sure I didn't bother watching part three of this saga, so I'm probably not gonna bother with this one either.

I can't see LeBron single-handedly beating the Warriors, unfortunately. Cavs might steal one game.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Phil89 wrote:I'm pretty sure I didn't bother watching part three of this saga, so I'm probably not gonna bother with this one either.

I can't see LeBron single-handedly beating the Warriors, unfortunately. Cavs might steal one game.

"Single-handedly".

Like the 29 year old, in his prime Kevin Love who averaged about 18 and 10 during the regular season doesn't exist. He's also capable of doing even more when allowed to play his game. Acting like Jeff Green is not a capable player who has proven his worth in the NBA as a scorer, acting like Korver is just old even though he's one of the NBAS best all time shooters and his game translates perfectly into his age (like Ray allen). Also completely disregarding that two sides of the ball exist, that defense is all 5 men.

This "dragging his team" and his team is "trash" gets so old. I'm tellin ya. They were down 3-2 on the Celtics with Love on the floor, and the Celtics were missing possibly the two best players on the opening day rosters.

The team is trash, single handedly stuff is so damn simple. It's not one man, its made to look like one man. Jeff Green with 19 and 8 last game was followed up by ESPN posting a graphic with LeBron that said "SOLO" on it. They promote it that way, and in turn that's the way the majority perceives it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 pm

oh look who it is again. who would have guessed it when this season started?

warriors in who gives a shit. next season please
Sauru

Postby Lean on Tue May 29, 2018 6:54 pm

I'll pass on this one. But I do hope Draymond Green gets dunked on or suspended or whatever. I can't stand the guy.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 pm

It gets boring when you have only 2 teams on top with huge margin.

Everything needs to be in optimum for other teams to reach the finals. See how small failures in only 1 game each put each team in Finals.

Small fails made this matchup:
The bad coaching decisions by Nate McMillan in 4th quarter of Game 7 when LeBron was AT BENCH
2 buzzer beaters of LeBron James that Raptors failed to avoid in Semi-finals (who could?)
Injury of Chris Paul in Game 5 (effective on rest of series)
The real big 3 of Smart-Rozier-Morris missing consecutive threes (especially the position with 2 clutch off-rebs and 2 bricks) at Game 7 of ECF
The whole Rockets with 27 consecutive brick from 3-point range at Game 7 of WCF

Big troubles caused this too:
Injury of Kawhi Leonard
Injuries of Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward

If we go more backwards:
Klay Thompson's insane Game 6 performance vs OKC in 2016

In the end, we can't live with what ifs. The Warriors and Cavaliers are in finals once again, with deserving their spots.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Murat wrote:In the end, we can't live with what ifs. The Warriors and Cavaliers are in finals once again, with deserving their spots.

Indeed. I'm bored with the situation and I think it really speaks to the lack of competition right now, especially in the East, but it is what it is. It's up to the rest of the league to knock them out, and although it was a close call this year, it ultimately didn't happen.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue May 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Sauru wrote:oh look who it is again. who would have guessed it when this season started?

warriors in who gives a shit. next season please

Fuck Durant too. (And obligatory fuck the Celtics.)
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Wed May 30, 2018 12:48 am

the homeless man i pass by during the week said if Iggy can't go, Cleveland has a chance. James will eat up looney on the switches

jeff green was a nice story for game 7 but i hope Love can pass the concussion the protocol and reclaim the starting pf spot
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 am

Just in case anybody was wondering the specifics about the concussion protocol (I was, I had to look it up).

A player in the concussion protocol program can’t return to the floor until the following:
•He is without concussion-related symptoms at rest.
•He has been evaluated by a physician.
•He has successfully completed the NBA return-to-participation exertion protocol.
•A team physician has discussed the return-to-participation process and decision with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.

Ultimately, the decision as to when a player will return will be made by the team physician.

From the NBA’s media central website, here’s a closer look at what the NBA’s Return-to-Participation protocol consists of:
1. The return to participation protocol involves several steps of increasing exertion – from a stationary bike, to jogging, to agility work, to non-contact team drills.
2.With each step, a player must be symptom free to move to the next step. If a player is not symptom free after a step, he stops until he is symptom free and begins again at the previous step of the protocol (i.e., the last step he passed without any symptoms).
3.It’s important to note that there is no time frame to complete the protocol. Each injury and player is different and recovery time can vary in each case.

Having Love will obviously be key for the Cavs, and being able to slide Jeff Green back into a bench role in order to give that second unit more depth is pretty important.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 am

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch any of this. Maybe if it's an elimination game. In the past, I had rooted for the warriors over the Cavs, but seeing how hard they worked to get there plus with them being underdogs to the video game team that has cheat codes (NBA Jam style 3 point shooting power ups) I will be rooting for the Cavs.

With that being said, warriors smash them and win in 5 as LeBron has a chance to will them to one win in the series
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed May 30, 2018 4:55 am

Andrew wrote:
Murat wrote:In the end, we can't live with what ifs. The Warriors and Cavaliers are in finals once again, with deserving their spots.

Indeed. I'm bored with the situation and I think it really speaks to the lack of competition right now, especially in the East, but it is what it is. It's up to the rest of the league to knock them out, and although it was a close call this year, it ultimately didn't happen.

Bored huh? I suppose this is some kind of karma for bulls fans to watch this unfold

It's hard to root against Kerr as well as James and the remarkable run he is on

I'll have the blinders on as usual when it comes to the comparison of legacies. Let the finals begin! Save the offseason for the heated goat talk
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed May 30, 2018 4:57 am

Murat wrote:It gets boring when you have only 2 teams on top with huge margin.

Everything needs to be in optimum for other teams to reach the finals. See how small failures in only 1 game each put each team in Finals.

Small fails made this matchup:
The bad coaching decisions by Nate McMillan in 4th quarter of Game 7 when LeBron was AT BENCH
2 buzzer beaters of LeBron James that Raptors failed to avoid in Semi-finals (who could?)
Injury of Chris Paul in Game 5 (effective on rest of series)
The real big 3 of Smart-Rozier-Morris missing consecutive threes (especially the position with 2 clutch off-rebs and 2 bricks) at Game 7 of ECF
The whole Rockets with 27 consecutive brick from 3-point range at Game 7 of WCF

Big troubles caused this too:
Injury of Kawhi Leonard
Injuries of Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward

If we go more backwards:
Klay Thompson's insane Game 6 performance vs OKC in 2016

In the end, we can't live with what ifs. The Warriors and Cavaliers are in finals once again, with deserving their spots.

great post fam
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby [Q] on Wed May 30, 2018 7:21 am

Every NBA Finals dating back to 1991 has featured either: Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O’Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James. 28 consecutive Finals with at least one of those six players
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Wed May 30, 2018 8:23 am

Also works if you swap out Shaq for Wade, and LeBron for Shaun Livingston
Lamrock

Postby Jeffx on Wed May 30, 2018 8:41 am

Andrew wrote:Warriors in 4, won't rule out the Cavs taking one though.

Without a Kyrie, Cavs will be lucky to get a game.
Jeffx

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 30, 2018 10:01 am

Cavs in 7. I don't trust the Warriors mentally right now and LeBron is on a tear.

TBH, I just want the Cavs to win to even this thing 2-2. Then we can get a nice best of 5 situation.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lamrock on Wed May 30, 2018 10:33 am

JaoSming wrote:TBH, I just want the Cavs to win to even this thing 2-2. Then we can get a nice best of 5 situation.

oh god
Lamrock

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am

Yeah I am not in the "OH GOD THIS AGAIN?!?!!" train. I'll take this matchup until some team steps up and takes it from them.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby NovU on Wed May 30, 2018 12:51 pm

History Lesson Time
https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/articles/ ... ory-lesson

It's kinda crazy how this superstars team have came to a life.

Let's just enjoy again "one of the best team ever versus one of the best players ever" match up.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball