2018 PLAYOFFS: (2) Boston vs. (4) Cleveland

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Celtics in 4
No votes
Celtics in 5
No votes
Celtics in 6
7%
Celtics in 7
20%
Cavaliers in 4
20%
Cavaliers in 5
7%
Cavaliers in 6
27%
Cavaliers in 7
7%
To fill the week-long gap between the conference finals and NBA Finals, Boston and Houston play a series for third place
No votes
Isaiah Thomas on LeBron's title chances: "I don't know who the fuck that is."
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: 2018 PLAYOFFS: (2) Boston vs. (4) Cleveland

Postby NovU on Sat May 26, 2018 8:39 am

Wow, both series are going distance. Conference finals are turning out to be the gem.

Being up 3 to 2, both the rockets and celtics cant their guard down. Their opponents are monstrous. Might be the year we dont see neither the warriors or cavs in the finals.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Sauru on Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 am

fuck this game
Sauru

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 pm

It's more enjoyable to watch a dumpster fire than watching Jordan Clarkson play right now.
He's another stupid play away from being given the Mario Chalmers treatment by LeBron.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Sat May 26, 2018 12:41 pm

LeBoston at it again.

Game 7 for both conference, book it.

EDIT: lolz, LeBoston killing the Celshits. But the Cavs leave a lot to be desired on defensive end. Why give up so many easy points in the paint in crunch time.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Looks like a game 7 between the Boston Celtics (LeBoston if you are 13 years old and trying to be cool, or Celshits if you are 13 years old and suck at making up stuff while also trying to be cool) and LeBron James (Or LeBroston, or LeGoat if you are also 13 years old and trying to be cool) and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Celtics have taken advantage of home court all playoff long. Hope to see them in the finals.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 pm

I said Cavs in 5, I'll amend that to Cavs in 7. I was hoping for Celtics/Rockets in the Finals, but guess we're getting Cavs/Warriors Part 4. I may tune out, as I did in 2007.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Andrew wrote:I said Cavs in 5, I'll amend that to Cavs in 7. I was hoping for Celtics/Rockets in the Finals, but guess we're getting Cavs/Warriors Part 4. I may tune out, as I did in 2007.

Don't count the Celtics out at home.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 26, 2018 1:34 pm

WHEN THE PRESSURE IS HIGHEST THE BEST SHINE BRIGHTEST!

ALL HEART! ALL HEART BABY!

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Sauru on Sat May 26, 2018 1:45 pm

god damn it
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 26, 2018 1:47 pm

shadowgrin wrote:WHEN THE PRESSURE IS HIGHEST THE BEST SHINE BRIGHTEST!

[ Image ]

Yes, he has made a staple of that his whole career. He is CLUTCH under pressure. When the pressure is the highest, when a tying or go ahead shot is needed in the final 5 seconds of the game, look no further than.... wait....

The very contested miss lowered LeBron's regular-season success rate to a mere 10.6 percent in the past 10 seasons -- on 5-for-47 shooting -- when attempting a tying or go-ahead shot in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

Thats as of May 1st 2016, 10 years of his NBA career. His percentage is less than half of the league average during that span. I couldnt find updated numbers.

But seriously, it's easy to get caught up in the moment. Remember, he went 0-4 just the other night in the 4th quarter. I wouldn't say that he "shines bright" when the pressure is on, considering 5-47 in 10 seasons on shots with 5 seconds to go in the 4th quarter is absolutely horrible, and the opposite of thriving under pressure. LeBron had a good game tonight (That three on Marcus Morris was a killer), lets see what happens in game 7. Pierce is also low on this list, but I never posted a mammoth sized picture of Pierce and stated WHEN THE PRESSURE IS HIGHEST PAUL PIERCE SHINES BRIGHTEST!. Because well, that wouldnt be accurate.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat May 26, 2018 7:03 pm

shadowgrin wrote:It's more enjoyable to watch a dumpster fire than watching Jordan Clarkson play right now.
He's another stupid play away from being given the Mario Chalmers treatment by LeBron.

that play where he kept rebounding his miss and finally made the shot :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby hova- on Sat May 26, 2018 7:27 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:WHEN THE PRESSURE IS HIGHEST THE BEST SHINE BRIGHTEST!

[ Image ]

Yes, he has made a staple of that his whole career. He is CLUTCH under pressure. When the pressure is the highest, when a tying or go ahead shot is needed in the final 5 seconds of the game, look no further than.... wait....

The very contested miss lowered LeBron's regular-season success rate to a mere 10.6 percent in the past 10 seasons -- on 5-for-47 shooting -- when attempting a tying or go-ahead shot in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

[ Image ]

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

Thats as of May 1st 2016, 10 years of his NBA career. His percentage is less than half of the league average during that span. I couldnt find updated numbers.

But seriously, it's easy to get caught up in the moment. Remember, he went 0-4 just the other night in the 4th quarter. I wouldn't say that he "shines bright" when the pressure is on, considering 5-47 in 10 seasons on shots with 5 seconds to go in the 4th quarter is absolutely horrible, and the opposite of thriving under pressure. LeBron had a good game tonight (That three on Marcus Morris was a killer), lets see what happens in game 7. Pierce is also low on this list, but I never posted a mammoth sized picture of Pierce and stated WHEN THE PRESSURE IS HIGHEST PAUL PIERCE SHINES BRIGHTEST!. Because well, that wouldnt be accurate.

Will you ever accept that LeBron James is one of the best ever? He does not have to better than MJ, Hakeem, Wilt, Magic, Bird or whatsoever, but he is still in the top tier of all time ... the treatment you are giving him is ridiculous. He is the number one star of his era (marketing plays a role, I am totally aware of that), his teams have had success more often than not (I consider any Finals appearance a success ... dude I love my man Dirk and he "only" stepped on the court in two finals. Still he is one of the best ever). It is so annoying to see you posting and posting and posting over and over again how bad LeBron is in differenct categories, whereas the comparable feats generally used for players (Finals appearances, rings, basic stats) just cannot make him look beyond top tier.

About that clutch category. He was clutch in this game. These stats say he is not a clutch shooter, but these stats also say that Jamal Crawford and Paul Pierce are not clutch. I still want these dudes to have the ball in their hand on every clutch situation. Other players are not even asked to shoot the ball in clutch situations, because their decisionmaking is so bad. I am sure we all agree that I rather have Kobe or Dirk shooting the ball late game than LeBron. LeBrons jumper is still only average (these playoffs feels slightly abover average) compared to those guys. In close late game situations, you cannot drive as easily and that takes away from his game. I still want his decision making in the clutch over that of most players in the league and I think he does fairly well late game - no matter what his FG percentage is.

I also found his defense to be better than in the other games of the series. He stood his ground and helped out more often, something James rarely does. I just think you cannot criticize his play in the whole series. He is asked for so much and playing so many minutes, his impact on the series so big. Stop hating.

About the game: I was really really disappointed by Al Horford. Dude was an All NBA 2nd teamer (close to first team in my opinion) during regular season and completely disappears in game 6. After noticing that he just does not want the ball on offense I tried to look more at his defense and even that was nowhere as good as in other games. It even felt like he was maybe hobbled by injury or something, he was so passive. When getting the ball in the paint he was so indecisive and hesitant, using pump fakes and jab steps and then giving up the ball.

For Tatum, you cannot expect him to carry the load from the get-go every time. I thought he did a good job in the 2nd half to kind of redeem his play in the first. Brown was really good, he is really working hard. Rozier is one tough mf. Dude shot the lights out and kept them in the game.

Overall both teams defense was not so good especially in the fourth. Cs were getting all of their buckets inside and transition D by the Cavs really got worse each quarter. For the Celtics, I thought their close-outs were very bad at times. That 2nd three by LeBron in the fourth that really broke their neck ... Marc Jackson said it was good defense. I thought Tatum was way too late considering that it was obvious LBJ would get back to his left step back jumper.

An really exciting series. I have not enjoyed the West Finals as much as the East, maybe because the Cavs and Celtics are kind of an antagonism: young Celtics squad that play really unselfish and is very deep and the veteran Cavaliers that would have gone fishing in the first round without LBJ.

/edit: okay I saw the "clutch" stat was about last 5 seconds. Well these situations are so tough to judge, I do not even care about the stat. Rudy Gay being top says it all. I still would give the Ball 100 out of 100 times to LeBrin if I had Gay and LeBron on my team :D

How can you compare this? Some of these shots might be spot up, some might be layups, some might be tough contested threes. That is just a silly stat.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 pm

I do not consider him top 10 all time. This isn't just about comparisons to Jordan (which is being shoved down everyone's throat right now), it's about him in general.

That's an example when the pressure is on, that's why I posted it.

Do you have any idea how much I've seen cherry picked stats displayed (with not even the full story told) to heap praise onto him? I can give a lot of stats that go the opposite way, like the ones just mentioned.

Outside of stats, skill wise I just don't see him at the top of the NBAs greatest, plain and simple.

In regards to the game, Horford can't be a ghost, and the Celtics can't just have one or two people have an above average game. Rozier played above average... I feel like that's how road games have been going, the Cs will have one or two players step up, while everybody else is average or below.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sun May 27, 2018 12:43 am

Dee4Three wrote:I do not consider him top 10 all time. This isn't just about comparisons to Jordan (which is being shoved down everyone's throat right now), it's about him in general.

Do you have any idea how much I've seen cherry picked stats displayed (with not even the full story told) to heap praise onto him? I can give a lot of stats that go the opposite way, like the ones just mentioned.

Outside of stats, skill wise I just don't see him at the top of the NBAs greatest, plain and simple.

In regards to the game, Horford can't be a ghost, and the Celtics can't just have one or two people have an above average game. Rozier played above average... I feel like that's how road games have been going, the Cs will have one or two players step up, while everybody else is average or below.

It's not about being top 10 or whatsoever. He is one of the best, one of the most successful and he has been the franchise player on most of the teams he has played for (yes I said most, Wade carried a lot of load in Miami). That alone makes him one of the top players to ever play the game. Put him top twenty, I don't care. Just don't try to make him look bad every time.

You say he had a "good" game after he posted 46/11/9 including 3 steals, shooting .51% from the field and 5-7 from downtown. Playing god damn 46 minutes! I see that you do not like how they refer to all the Jordan or Kareem records that he is breaking now. He is not Jordan, Jordan was a killer, a once in a lifetime player. But dude, game 6 from LeBron was not "good" it was a magnificent display of basketball. You are a true hater. And you have lost any objectivity.

Guess what, I don't like LeBron. I never liked him. He was my bitch when the Mavs beat Miami. But the last few years I saw a lot of improvement in his game. Especially his shot has improved. And I felt like he also has matured. I stay honest to the game meaning I can accept when players I really don't like (or even hate) have great games. And I have to accept that a lot of times since I don't like Harden, Westbrook and many others in the league right now who are successful.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun May 27, 2018 1:02 am

Lebron was insane in game 6. And it is insane the amount of minutes that he has played this season. Next game it will be his 100th playing 37,6 mpg. Insane.
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 27, 2018 1:04 am

hova- wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I do not consider him top 10 all time. This isn't just about comparisons to Jordan (which is being shoved down everyone's throat right now), it's about him in general.

It's not about being top 10 or whatsoever. He is one of the best, one of the most successful and he has been the franchise player on most of the teams he has played for (yes I said most, Wade carried a lot of load in Miami). That alone makes him one of the top players to ever play the game. Put him top twenty, I don't care. Just don't try to make him look bad every time.

You say he had a "good" game after he posted 46/11/9 including 3 steals, shooting .51% from the field and 5-7 from downtown. Playing god damn 46 minutes! I see that you do not like how they refer to all the Jordan or Kareem records that he is breaking now. He is not Jordan, Jordan was a killer, a once in a lifetime player. But dude, game 6 from LeBron was not "good" it was a magnificent display of basketball. You are a true hater. And you have lost any objectivity.

Guess what, I don't like LeBron. I never liked him. He was my bitch when the Mavs beat Miami. But the last few years I saw a lot of improvement in his game. Especially his shot has improved. And I felt like he also has matured. I stay honest to the game meaning I can accept when players I really don't like (or even hate) have great games. And I have to accept that a lot of times since I don't like Harden, Westbrook and many others in the league right now who are successful.

Well done with the Wade in Miami comment. Totally agree.

He had a great game against the Celtics, I wasn't trying to be dismissive when I said good. He hit a lot of tough shots. And yes, the Mavs title run was sweet beyond belief, one of the best.

I still consider LeBron overrated. And that's fine, we have a different perspective there. In regards to improvement in his game, his defense has gotten worse, you have to talk about both sides of the ball Hova.

Either way, you and I are actually not arguing here. Thanks for breaking your opinion down more, nice to see. People in todays age seem to operate on short attention spans, where a "sentence" is used to describe something instead of a paragraph. Or a comment without explanation. Anything resembling a well thought out paragraph or paragraphs is considered word vomit, or "that was so long so I didn't read it". It's the reason why Twitter became popular and is still popular, everything is a soundbite it seems without any substance.

ESPN and the like knows this, which is why they don't tell the whole story with posts, it's always a quick blurb, sometimes just a word, followed by a stat that doesn't have the whole story told. They know that's what the majority will pay attention to and comment on, as opposed to making the post about the whole story with a couple paragraphs of an explanation.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun May 27, 2018 1:31 am

Lol hova, dont slowly kill yourself.

LBJ the greatest elimination game performer ever. LeBrad James also deserves the COTY award for outcoaching both Celshits and Bronto coaches.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 27, 2018 1:33 am

I'm not sure NovU understands how stupid he sounds/looks with comments like that.

My brain hurts.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sun May 27, 2018 2:30 am

Dee4Three wrote:I'm not sure NovU understands how stupid he sounds/looks with comments like that.

My brain hurts.

He is trolling you. That is why I don't even react to these kind of posts. I react to posts that are serious like yours, although we certainly disagree. I hope that you will maybe change your mind some day, since I know (from myself) that sometimes you judge players differently in different stages of their career (or maybe when new players come up).
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 27, 2018 2:41 am

hova- wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I'm not sure NovU understands how stupid he sounds/looks with comments like that.

My brain hurts.

He is trolling you. That is why I don't even react to these kind of posts. I react to posts that are serious like yours, although we certainly disagree. I hope that you will maybe change your mind some day, since I know (from myself) that sometimes you judge players differently in different stages of their career (or maybe when new players come up).

This is kind of how NovU has always talked. Look at his past posts, some of it is trolling yes, but some of it is actually how he talks.

And yeah we disagree, but it's all good. Hopefully game 7 is a good one. Really hoping Horford can make more of an impact, he's had some big games in the playoffs.

I know Tatum is 20, but he's been the Celtics most consistent scorer in the post season. Celtics need to look for him early and often, and the C's should be attacking the hoop more early in order to put pressure on the Cavs in the paint.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 27, 2018 4:06 am

Kevin Love is out for game 7 due to the concussion protocol.

That takes away a great rebounder, and perimieter threat off the floor. Wish he was playing so Cleveland was at full strength, but this benefits the Celtics in my opinion.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun May 27, 2018 5:05 am

hova- wrote:He is trolling you. That is why I don't even react to these kind of posts. I react to posts that are serious like yours

i hope the irony is not lost on you
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Lamrock on Sun May 27, 2018 6:48 am

Dee4Three wrote:Kevin Love is out for game 7 due to the concussion protocol.

That takes away a great rebounder, and perimieter threat off the floor. Wish he was playing so Cleveland was at full strength, but this benefits the Celtics in my opinion.

On paper yes, but I do wonder if this puts pressure on them. With Love out for game 7, they don't have the injury excuse if they lose. At home against an also shorthanded Cavs team, they will actually be expected to win. We'll see if they lay an egg or finish the job.
Lamrock

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 27, 2018 7:47 am

Lamrock wrote:

On paper yes, but I do wonder if this puts pressure on them. With Love out for game 7, they don't have the injury excuse if they lose. At home against an also shorthanded Cavs team, they will actually be expected to win. We'll see if they lay an egg or finish the job.

Yeah that could be the case, I hope not. The pressure is certainly on.... even more now.

It's crazy.. the Celtics will need to rely heavily on a 20, 21, and 23 year old in a ECF game 7. Win or lose, this experience is something that all three of those guys will be able to build on for the rest of their careers.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Sun May 27, 2018 8:13 am

Lamrock wrote:

i dont think this adds any additional pressure at all. its game 7 of the eastern conference finals and everyone has been saying they should have lost every step of the way. the pressure is 100% on lebron as if he loses to the team kyrie went to without kyrie (and hayward) its gonna be a hit on his legacy and that is all he has played for the last ten years.

maybe i will be under the most pressure to not break my tv when smart puts up another 3-4 stupid ass fucking 3 point shots
Sauru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball