Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Lean on Thu May 24, 2018 5:26 am

I skipped Raw this week. Ronda is already catapulted to the title picture despite not having a match on TV.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 24, 2018 11:06 am

Ronda Rousey has a full-time contract, so I don't think she's going to be like Lesnar. A bit early to be turning Nia heel again though, and I'm beyond tired of Stephanie's character.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu May 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Nia turning again? Why can't we have a face-vs-face match for the women too?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Well, it's kind of a heel turn.

phpBB [video]

I agree that face vs face would've been fine. And again, too much Stephanie in the whole thing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 am

I wish there were any real, worth paying attention to, story lines going on on either show right now. It's just match after match after match. Entertain me. Make me care about the match and/or the reason behind it.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri May 25, 2018 3:47 am

Agreed. They have some talent on the roster right now that can really work, but they need some compelling angles.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri May 25, 2018 6:02 am

I think they've drawn out the Shin AJ story a bit too long to the point where they're running out of ideas. I've even lost a bit of interest in that feud.

I think they are trying to get Nia to turn on Rousey (eventually if not at the next ppv) and join Stephanie to explain how Ronda can lose clean and then build a story like Stone Cold vs Vince
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Shin/AJ hasn't been good as expected, in the ring or in terms of the story. It probably didn't help that the early stages of the story weren't really more than "this is a dream match!", conveniently set up by Shin's Royal Rumble victory. Just not enough heat, really.

They've got the potential for a great story with Daniel Bryan trying to get back to the top and eventually win it all. Having a great match obviously isn't a problem for him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon May 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Hey, at least we get a Takeover and the UK Tournament coming up.

I hope Shin just end up speaking Japanese in his promos, he's still being cheered despite being a heel. And a title win would probably extend the feud even longer, or still end up with a no-contest or a double count-out.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 am

The Miz is the best. :lol:
phpBB [video]

Also give the Gang Beasts episodes a watch, Luke Harper is damn hilarious.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Wed May 30, 2018 2:17 am

Oh so Nia did turn.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:13 am

DId Asuka just barely beat Nia before WM with an armbar?

:lol:
https://youtu.be/Dtb8vSjnCBA?t=127
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lean on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:06 pm

...and Becky did too with a DisarmHer, I believe.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby SouthBeachHoops on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Brock Lesnar fan Here.
SouthBeachHoops

Postby Lean on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:27 pm

I watched yesterday's UFC PPV for Punk, and boy was he toyed by his opponent. I thought it was great he made it past the first round, but by the middle of the second round, it was obvious that Mike Jackson toyed and exposed him. Punk was heaving and his face was heavily-damaged (felt bad for him, actually). It was reported he went straight to the hospital after the decision (unanimous to Jackson) and Rogan told him that he'd talk to him after Jackson but it didn't push through.

Dana White reportedly said that Punk's UFC career is done, but there's still a minimum of 1 match left in his contract. He's also scheduled to appear to the Pro Wrestling Tees meet-and-greet event the day before Cody and The Young Bucks' All In event.

I'm just happy to see him come out to Cult of Personality again and hear people chanting his name directly at him.

Meanwhile, Jericho is now the IWGP Intercontinental Champion after beating Naito, and Kenny Omega is now the IWGP Heavyweight Champion after defeating Okada in their fourth(?) match for the title.

At E3, The New Day will go against Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks... in Street Fighter V.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Predictions for Money in the Bank?

The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson: I doubt the titles switch on the pre-show. The Bludgeon Brothers' push will continue for a while yet.
Ember Moon vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Lana vs. Naomi vs. Sasha Banks: I'm tempted to pick Moon and she has a chance, but I can see them having Charlotte add another feather to her cap with a MITB win.
Braun Strowman vs. Finn Bálor vs. The Miz vs. Rusev vs. Bobby Roode vs. Kevin Owens vs. Samoa Joe vs. TBA (Big E, Kofi Kingston, or Xavier Woods): It'll be a way to get Braun back into the title picture.
AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: Safe to say the feud hasn't lived up to the hype. If AJ is dropping the title, I think it'll be at Summerslam.
Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey: I feel like they will strap Rousey as part of a mega push. If she loses though, it'll be dirty, so that she can extend the feud and win at Summerslam.
Carmella (c) vs. Asuka: But by DQ, so that the title won't change hands.
Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal: Mad as it may seem, I'll pick against Reigns. I think it'll be a dirty finish to protect him, while also trying to create a vague sense that he can be beaten.
Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn: Lashley gets to shut Zayn up, and look strong in his first singles match on PPV since returning to the company.
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias: I'm not that confident in this one, but it'll be another heel win, and the start of a bigger push for Elias. Rollins can move back into the main event scene, perhaps after Lesnar finally drops the belt at Summerslam (please, WWE).
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass: It really mustn't go any other way. Which probably means there's a good chance that it will.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 am

Eh, I think Ronda and Nia are main eventing MITB.

Predictions:
Bludgeon Brothers
Daniel Bryan
Roman Reigns
Nia Jax via disqualification or interference
Carmella via interference
Seth Rollins
Torn between Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch
Finn Bálor
Shinsuke Nakamura

Booker T just directly referred to CM Punk's defeat at UFC 225.

As far as title changes on the pre-show, I think the Raw tag team titles changed hands on the pre-show in 2016. I think it was Clash of Champions, and Gallows and Anderson won it from Sheamus and Cesaro.

Yesterday's Takeover was a good show. I thought Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream is my match of the night. Johnny Gargano main-eventing three straight Takeovers and I'm not even mad.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:11 am

I'd like for Becky to win but everyone knows Charlotte wins everything. Maybe Becky can win it and eventually Charlotte will put her over.

I don't think Nakamura will win this. It doesn't feel right.

Ronda wont win the title due to DQ or interference.

They need to dump the bludgeons

Nothing really interesting going on story wise so hopefully this will mix things up
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am

Alexa won the women's MITB match. Smackdown would probably win the men's MITB match.

What happened to Baron Corbin?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:56 am

Cole said that Brock held "the title" longer than anyone in the past 30 years.

I'm pretty sure the Universal Title was inaugurated in 2016. They are referring to the Universal Championship as if it's the title that has the actual lineage and history.

Crowd is absolutely not amused by the Jinder vs Reigns match. :lol:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:20 am

Brock's also defended the title and appeared less than any other long-reigning champion of the past 30 years, or ever. A meaningless reign with a meaningless "world title".

Definitely surprised at Bliss winning. Guess I did pick a few too many faces to win, but still. I really did expect Charlotte to go over, because Charlotte Wins LOL.

Baron Corbin shaved his head as part of his latest push/gimmick change.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Called it, dirty finish to the Rousey/Jax match as Ronda was about to win. I should've seen the cash-in coming though, especially once Alexa Bliss won it. Probably going to be Rousey/Bliss at Summerslam, and I'm OK with that. I'm also OK with Rousey being the champion, especially if she competes in a few more singles matches between now and then. While her promos are still a bit awkward, she can definitely work, and she sells way better than a lot of the women's division.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Called Braun as well. 6/10 correct in terms of the advertised matches (Bliss' cash-in made for 11 total), though I also picked Carmella to walk out as champion, just not the right result that allowed her to do so. Wonder how long James Ellsworth will be back for.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm

:lol: at the direction of Nia's run so far. She was turned face during her feud with Bliss, the turned heel just after the rematch with Bliss so she could feud with Rousey and then the cash-in.

How about that? Alexa Bliss is now a five-time champion like Charlotte. As much as I like Alexa Bliss :cheeky:, I think it would freshen things up without her in the title picture. I still think that Becky deserved that MITB win.

Didn't expect Braun to win the briefcase because of how he's booked as an unstoppable powerhouse. But if that's the way to take the title off Brock, I'm fine with it.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:05 pm

I guess she's now a heel against everyone but Alexa Bliss? Who knows. Seems she's in line for a Big Show-esque string of face and heel turns.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic