NBA 2018 Draft

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

NBA 2018 Draft

Postby Jmad on Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 am

Well, I was trying to find a topic that talked about the draft, didnt find none hahaha. Who do you guys think should be taken nº1?

In my scenario, Ayton should be number 1 pick for almost every team. But if for some reason, Orlando wins the lottery, I see Doncic or Bagley taking that spot.

Steal of the draft? Busts? Trades in draft night? Will Denver give another pick to Utah converted in a superstar? Haha
Wilt, MJ, LeBron, Kareem may be the greatest, but Scalabrine is the GOAT.
Jmad

Re: NBA 2018 Draft

Postby air gordon on Sat May 05, 2018 12:27 am

too bad Doncic won't be working out for any teams due to his commitments to real madrid per his agent. even with all the game film out there i still think some team is going to sneak him in for a private workout
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jmad on Sat May 05, 2018 7:50 am

Doncic is a pretty safe choice for euroleague mvp as a 18 year old dude. He will be a star in the league, so I dont see him going away from a top 3 pick. Ayton looks awesome too. But there are 3 top 10 players that I dont know how they will translate to the nba , those being Porter Jr, Young and Bagley. Porter has almost saw no minutes this season due to injury, and in those minutes, we have not see a lot. Obviously, he was coming back from an injury, but hey, he could either be a big guy in the league, or a bust. I dont see him going top 6. Bagley? Scared to see him as a new Okafor. He is obviously better, but nontheless, I have that wierd feeling about Marvin. Either way, if I have a top 4 pick and Doncic or Ayton are not there, I`m taking the risk on Bagley. That bust feeling is just on me haha, he also could be great. Young? I cannot see other thing that is not named Fredette.
Jmad

Postby [Q] on Thu May 17, 2018 4:22 am

So glad Boston didn't get the Lakers pick. Clips get an extra pick from the Blake Griffin trade
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu May 17, 2018 4:52 am

[Q] wrote:So glad Boston didn't get the Lakers pick. Clips get an extra pick from the Blake Griffin trade

i think i speak for everyone in Boston when i say, hey fuck you buddy
Sauru

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu May 17, 2018 5:20 am

And Kings jumped to 2. Not a good lottery for Celtics. Wonder where Kings pick (most likely Celtics pick) will end up next season.
At least, Cavs' pick did not jump to top 3, lol.
Jackie Kong

Postby [Q] on Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 am

Jackie Kong wrote:And Kings jumped to 2. Not a good lottery for Celtics. Wonder where Kings pick (most likely Celtics pick) will end up next season.
At least, Cavs' pick did not jump to top 3, lol.

Yes I am also glad Cleveland didn't win either
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Thu May 17, 2018 6:58 am

Haha eat ass Boston. :mrgreen: (We need a purple version of mrgreen, mrpurple.)
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Thu May 17, 2018 9:57 am

It’s not nice revealing Sauru’s sexual activities, Jackal you dick.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Fri May 18, 2018 11:34 am

So do the LA Fakers pick stay in LA since not 2 to 5?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Q] on Fri May 18, 2018 2:42 pm

No it goes to Philly, which is why Elton brand looked way too big to share that seat with whoever that was from Boston
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 pm

edited
[Q] wrote:No it goes to Philly, which is why Elton brand looked way too big to share that seat with whoever that was from Boston

You anticipated to my comment. :lol: And they made some jokes too about him also sharing small places with other people in the past. Can't recall the exact joke though.
Jackie Kong

Postby Jmad on Sat May 19, 2018 10:15 am

Sacramento won the jackpot , no doubt about it. The thing is who is gonna be drafted by Hawks. I really see them trading down a spot with Memphis

MEM gets 3rd Pick (Bagley)
ATL gets 4th Pick (Bamba) and two second round picks.
Jmad

Postby Sauru on Sat May 19, 2018 5:25 pm

this is basically a worst case scenario for boston.
Sauru

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun May 20, 2018 4:55 am

nah, worst case would have been if Cavs finished 1st, Kings 2nd.

I will be surprised if Warriors don't pick DiVincenzo if available late in the 1st round. Looks like a perfect fit for them off the bench.
Jackie Kong

Postby Jmad on Sun May 20, 2018 12:56 pm

I think they will go fancy and select Bonga, if he is avalaible. If he is not a good NBA player, hell, wont be a big hit for them. Buy what if he turns out to be a 6'8 athletic PG? I see divicenzo going on the early 20s. Also, day by day i'm seeing another okafor case in Bagley. Really hope to be wrong, but I dont see him translating well. Also, how could somebody rank Jackson Jr higher than Porter or Bamba? Hell, I said that I'm afraid of seeing Porter's game on the NBA , but he is better than JJJ. For me, he is top 10, but top 4? Hell no.
Jmad

Postby Jackie Kong on Mon May 21, 2018 10:58 am

I am hearing reports of Kings and hawks potentially passing on Doncic. For his own sake, I hope he lands in Dallas.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

I'd prefer he fall to Chicago myself, but that's wishful thinking. I doubt he slips that far. Wendell Carter or Mikal Bridges seem like more realistic prospects at that pick.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Andrew wrote:I'd prefer he fall to Chicago myself, but that's wishful thinking. I doubt he slips that far. Wendell Carter or Mikal Bridges seem like more realistic prospects at that pick.

Both of those players would be a plus addition to your team. Very low "total bust" probability. You could also go the risky route and pick MPJ if he is still on board.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon May 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Right now I think I am quite qualified to create my own personal board. Also, this is not a best to worst player ranking, but taking in context which teams are picking.

1. Luka Doncic. Phoenix Suns.
They need a winning culture right now. They will probably go the Ayton path, but I think it's risky given Ayton's red flags: he has some questionable motor, he is an awful defender. Those things will get a boost if he plays in Phoenix. Phoenix is trash and their culture is trash. Doncic can change that in a heartbeat. Still, I really can't see Doncic wanting to play for them.

2. DeAndre Ayton. Sacramento Kings.
Kings is the perfect landing spot for Doncic. They have all the necessary players for him to succeed. Doncic usually needs: another ball handler (Fox), good shooters (Hield and Bogdanovic) and a roller bigman (WCS). But since I think he will be offboard, they should pick Ayton. They really don't have any true potential center, and despite the many red flags I see in Ayton and the fact that I think you always pick the skilled forward over the physical center, he has too much potential for a franchise which has nothing to pass on.

3. Marvin Bagley. Atlanta Hawks.
I am really high on him. I think he has a lot of areas to improve, but no way he is Jahlil Okafor. He has the highest motor and winning attitude I've seen in a long time. He has that IT factor. And after seeing what Jaylen Brown has become for us, from where he started, just pushed by his drive, I am not betting against Bagley. Is true there are counter examples, such as Stanley Johnson, but still.

He scares me a little bit with that short wingspan, but I feel he can improve everywhere. He needs to really work on that right hand and his ball handling, but every other area looks already good now.

4. Mikal Bridges. Memphis Grizzlies.
They are on a "win now" mode, and although if teams were not in context I'd put Bamba in this spot, don't see how they pick a develop prospect who can not even play along Gasol. Mikal is a beast, and he has improved his game every year. He has become a knock-down shooter when he could not even make free throws his freshman year. He has that defense Memphis loves. And he is a winner. I think he can become that Al Horford locker-room guy.

5. Mo Bamba. Dallas Mavericks.
This one is easy. They given up on Noel ever become anything. They need young prospects, and Bamba is top 3 when it comes to potential. He has a tremendous physical. And he's already put a lot of weight in his body, which has a eliminated the fear that he would be too skinny.

6. Trae Young. Orlando Magic.
They need a PG. And after some questionable picks of long position-less forwards that have not panned out as they would've liked, I can see them going in that direction. I get a Jimmer Fredette vibe from Young, but I like how he controls the flow of the game, and it seems as time goes on, the 3pt shot becomes more and more important.

7. Wendell Carter. Chicago Bulls.
He is a really smart player and a team player. His defense and rebounding are underrated. His vision and understanding of the game is top notch. And he shows signs of becoming a really good shooter. He pairs excellently with Markkanen. I think the Bulls should pick him.

8. Jaren Jackson Jr. Cleveland Cavaliers.
Opposite to others, I think he will be a good player, but the ceiling is quite low for him, and as I've always said, you pick safe players with low ceiling after the top-5/7, unless you are a winning team. I think he will be Marvin Williams with great defense. I like his lenght, his fluidity in defense and his shooting touch, but I can't see anything going for him offensivily than pick&pop situations. I am also concerned about his rebounding.

9. MPJ. New York Knicks.
He was crazy overhyped in AAU. The Kevin Durant comparisons were over the edge. I've never liked him, so my opinion might be a little biased. I don't think he is the athlete people calim him to be, and I don't like his handles. He was very few shiftiness in his game, and I think suffers the Harrison Barnes syndrome, where he is a good straight line driver, but that about it.
The back injury is concerning, and he looked really really rusty in those 2 games he played at the end of the season. He also has a "chucker" attitude, and will benefit from a great coach who forces him to adapt his game to a more efficient approach, similar to what Stevens did with Tatum when the season begun. I think Fizdale can do that.

10. Kevin Knox. Philadelphia 76ers.

I see them going that route with Bridges off the board. They need wings, and Knox can fill the age timeline of their players. Robert Covignton can be a great tutor for him. He is really raw, but I like his body coordination and shooting potential. He reminds me a little bit of Tobias Harris. They could pick another player, but I just don't see them falling for Sexton, Miles Bridges, Shai or Robert Williams.

11. Collin Sexton. Charlotte Hornets.

12. Robert Williams. Los Angeles Clippers.

13. Shai Alexander. "

14. Miles Bridges. Denver Nuggets.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Jmad on Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 am

Thats a hell of a analysis there. I think the same way about MPJ , but I feel chicago is gonna take him. Jackson will probably go to Cavs and Carter Jr to NY. At least for me. My problem is still bagley, I still see Okafor all over him. Hope to be wrong. Also, seriously, how 'bout DeRozan for Fultz and the 10 pick? Because toronto is not going anywhere, they could also probably go with lowry for the 8, Jr and somebody else if LeBron stays.
Jmad

Postby deihatein on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:49 pm

I don't follow the draft prospect and don't have the knowledge to know their strength and weakness but after the whole Frank Ntilikina smokescreen of the Mavs last year, I won't be surprised if they did it again this year :lol:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Murat on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 pm

I have a feeling that an expert GM will rob Phoenix Suns in a way that would be remembered for decades, kind of Jerry West robbing Hornets for Kobe.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 am

Jerry West didn't rob Hornets of Kobe, Kobe didn't want to sign for the Hornets and only wanted Lakers after being picked, Hornets was forced to trade him away.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 am

yeah even kendall gill said the nets wanted to pick bryant but his camp pretty much forced the nets to go with someone else

surprised to see the kid dynamo doncic no longer the consensus top pick. duncd on podcast had a good pod on his scouting report. danny said a better evan never google fournier. wow
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball