Start, Bench, Release

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Start, Bench, Release

Postby [Q] on Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 am

Basketball version of Fuck, Marry Kill. Leave 3 players for the next person to choose from.

Example: Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish

Celtics, so I wish I could release all 3, but:
Start - Larry Bird - Easily the best player of the 3
Bench - Parish - decent role player, perfect for coming off the bench.
Release - McHale - probably who I dislike the most out of the three, and he's racist against Jeremy Lin

Who's next?
Start, Bench, Release: Hakeem, Ewing, David Robinson
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Start, Bench, Release

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 am

Start: Hakeem Olajuwon - Who I believe is the best center in NBA History. Unstoppable on the block, teams had to double team him every game, and his defense was just unbelievable.

Bench: David Robinson - His first 7 seasons are some of the most dominant in NBA history. He moved up and down the floor like a guard.

Release: Patrick Ewing - While I believe he was tougher than David Robinson, I feel that he didn't have the same motor. I like Robinsons mobility more. However, all three are legends. David Robinson and Patrick Ewing are really tough to choose from.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 am

[Q] wrote:Leave 3 players for the next person to choose from.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 am

Jackal wrote:
[Q] wrote:Leave 3 players for the next person to choose from.

My fault.

Next up: Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 am

Start: Tracy McGrady - couldn’t wait to leave Canada, left first before his cousin.

Bench: Vince Carter - hated and had enough of Canada at one point in his career, salute.

Cut: Grant Hill - no 3pt range, played for Duke. Fuck Duke.

Isiah Thomas, Russell Westbrook, Allen Iverson
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 am

Start: Allen Iverson, because of his heart and scoring punch.
Bench: Russell Westbrook, because while he is a great player, he seems obsessed with stats and can take his team out of the game with hero ball.
Relase: Isiah Thomas, because seriously, fuck Zeke.

Kareem Abdul -Jabbar, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Starter: Wilt Chamberlain - the GOAT in literal sense. Jordan might be the poster boy everyone loves but let's face it. Wilt dominated his era like no one else. Too bad bball is a team sports.

Bench: Kareem Adbul-Jabbar: Better offense than Bill Russell. More complete basketball player than both Wilt and Cahmberlain.

Release to Andromeda: Bill Russell: Played with HOFs throughout his entire career. Teammates matter. Fuck the Celtics.

Next Up:
- Shawn Kemp (in prime)
- Ben Wallace (in prime)
- Chris Bosh (Heat's)
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Q] on Thu May 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Start: Shawn Kemp, loved watching the Sonics and he was one of the first uber athletic 6'10" and above guys dunking on people, and pointing at them lol

Bench: Bosh, I dunno if you can say he's underrated but he was a solid main guy in Toronto before playing 3rd wheel in Miami.

Release: Ben Wallace, I always hated that stupid pistons team and Wallace was only any good on the defensive end. Also, he started the Malice in the Palace but didn't catch any blame for that.

Muggsy Bogues, Earl Boykins, Isaiah Thomas
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 pm

(Completely agree with those picks for Kemp, Bosh, and Wallace.)

Start: Muggsy, because he could look after the ball, swiped it with ease, and was a solid playmaker who could score a little as well.

Bench: Thomas, because while he's the most accomplished, he's also the one that needs the ball the most, has shown a problematic attitude at times, and is more of a liability on defense.

Release: Earl, because while he was a good player and had a long and respectable career, I'd say he's the least of the three.

Dominique Wilkins, Vince Carter, Clyde Drexler.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 17, 2018 4:19 pm

Start: Clyde Drexler- The best two way player of the three, and NBA Champion (averaged over 20ppg in the 95 finals).

Bench: Dominique Wilkins - loved his motor, and I kind of consider him the Westbrook of his day because of it. Dude played hard every game.

Release: Vince Carter - sometimes it seemed that he just didn't want it. I don't think Wilkins was as talented as Carter, but he wanted it more.

Next up: Glen Rice, Kiki Vandeweghe, Jamal Mashburn

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Sat May 19, 2018 1:33 am

Start: Jamal Mashburn - Compared to LeBron James if he had no injuries. Also owns a huge restaurant franchise. Great businessman off the court, great player on the court.

Bench: Glen Rice - Insane shooter. '97 Rice would feast in today's basketball. But he was not better than Jamal Mashburn.

Release: Kiki Vandeweghe - Less athletic compared to Rice and Mashburn.

Next up:
the point guards of Kobe
Smush Parker, Chucky Atkins, Jordan Farmar

or
Javaris Crittenton, Fast Eddie Johnson, Keon Clark

Pick one
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Sat May 19, 2018 3:01 am

Start: Farmar- he was an actual decent point guard that played within the triangle

Bench- Smush- he wasn't as bad as Kobe makes him out to be but he wasn't great either.

Release- chucky Atkins - I don't remember him being great at anything other than hitting an occasional 3.

Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 4:31 am

Start: Kyle Kuzma - He is gifted offensively, love his footwork and all around offensive game, and I like his length on defense.

Bench: Lonzo Ball - I like the way he can set the pace, the Lakers looked a lot sharper when he returned from injury. He's a poor mans Rondo at this point, which isn't a bad thing.

Release: Josh Hart - Love his hustle, I like his range. However, I think he is limited offensively and may have already hit his offensive ceiling (As far as repertoire). I like his defensive intensity though, and the way he just plays his role. It was tough between him and Lonzo.

Next up: Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat May 19, 2018 10:52 am

Oh, that's a tough one.

Start: Duncan, as he's the best power forward of all-time and a multi-time champion.

Bench: Garnett, because there were a couple of years there where it was debatable who was better, him or Duncan.

Release: Nowitzki, with a lot of regret because he's right up there, but that's the way the game must be played.

Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Andrew wrote:Oh, that's a tough one.

Start: Duncan, as he's the best power forward of all-time and a multi-time champion.

Bench: Garnett, because there were a couple of years there where it was debatable who was better, him or Duncan.

Release: Nowitzki, with a lot of regret because he's right up there, but that's the way the game must be played.

Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman.

Funny, I had the complete opposite order.

Start: Charles Barkley - I consider him the best PF of all time. Defined the one man fastbreak, elite defender (especially with the 76ers), elite rebounder, elite offensive player.

Bench: Karl Malone - Seemed to get better every year, turned into a deadly mid range shooter. Both him and Barkley were great two way players.

Release: Dennis Rodman - legend, can make the difference between winning and losing, but he wasn't the all around players that Chuck and the Mailman were.

Next up: Jayson Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 pm

No love for Kuzma? Lol

Start: Simmons - this dude is so multi talented. Imagine if he had a jumper

Bench: Mitchell - Has been incredible all year long. Would be ROY if not for Simmons

Release: Tatum - He's pretty good but not as good as the others

CP3, Carmelo, DeAndre Jordan
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 1:49 pm

[Q] wrote:No love for Kuzma? Lol

Start: Simmons - this dude is so multi talented. Imagine if he had a jumper

Bench: Mitchell - Has been incredible all year long. Would be ROY if not for Simmons

Release: Tatum - He's pretty good but not as good as the others

CP3, Carmelo, DeAndre Jordan

I gave love to Kuzma here:

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 1:31 pm
Start: Kyle Kuzma - He is gifted offensively, love his footwork and all around offensive game, and I like his length on defense.

Bench: Lonzo Ball - I like the way he can set the pace, the Lakers looked a lot sharper when he returned from injury. He's a poor mans Rondo at this point, which isn't a bad thing.

Release: Josh Hart - Love his hustle, I like his range. However, I think he is limited offensively and may have already hit his offensive ceiling (As far as repertoire). I like his defensive intensity though, and the way he just plays his role. It was tough between him and Lonzo.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Sat May 19, 2018 10:46 pm

Start: Chris Paul. Point God, actually the best PG in NBA. I expected him to decline in early 2010s as he was injured, instead he proved that he is in the conversation of greatest point guards.

Bench: DeAndre Jordan. Similar playing style with Clint Capela IMO. Great rebounder.

Release: Carmelo Anthony. Stole the years of Knicks, now hurting OKC. Also he doesn't like to be benched so I released him.

Next: Javaris Crittenton, Fast Eddie Johnson, Keon Clark
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 2:46 am

Skipping the traditional format for this one in favor of a different one.

Death Penalty: Fast Eddie Johnson - He raped an 8 year old girl

Life in prison - Javaris Crittenton - ended a person's life in an "accidental" shooting...

Probation - he's already been released, but I'd keep Keon Clark on probation for awhile for his DUI and weapons charges.

Next up: Gilbert Arenas, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Start: Agent Zero. His prime is really short but during those years he was a fantastic scorer and fun to watch.

Bench: Steve Francis. One of first players I saw when I was young, back then I love him but he is a product of an era where ISO non-efficient guard play is in. Also fell really hard after that trade from Houston.

Release: Stephon Marbury. I don't know much about him so released lol.

Next: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Your basketball opinions are terrible as always.

Arenas was nothing more than a poor man's Harden. Gets to the line a lot but chucks shots like there is no tomorrow.

Francis is a poor man's Westbrook, very very very poor version.

Marbury is better than those considered 'good' PGs of today like John Wall or Kemba Walker.

Start: Kidd
Most complete player compared to the other two. Pass, shoot (eventually in his career) plus rebound, defend, and carry a coach like Byron Scott into leading those Nets team to the Finals.

Bench: Nash
Best scorer out of the three, possibly one of the best shooters in NBA history. Even Ray Allen didn't achieve the holy grail for shooters with the 50-40-90 shooting %. His lack of defense is overblown considering he used to lead the league in taking charging calls so he was smart defensively even if his body wasn't athletic enough to be a man-to-man defender.

Cut: Rondo
Everything he could do Kidd could do better except for the midrange game, Rondo was better there.
Too smart for his own good that coaches took it as arrogance and insubordination except for that person who coached grown men to championships, Doc Rivers. Add George Karl to that for getting him and Cousins to run together.
Ignoring all that he played his best with the Celtics so he's a cut no matter what. Fuck Celtics.

Ben Wallace, Draymond Green, Dennis Rodman
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:20 am

Start: Dennis Rodman - The intensity and focus of a Westbrook, the greatest position rebounder of all time (Averaged 18 RPG one season), can guard multiple positions as he had the quickness to switch out on guards and small forwards, etc. Never seen a man get under opposing players skin like Rodman did. Rodman did it with his play, Green does it mostly with his mouth.

Bench: Ben Wallace - Even if they didn't take down the mighty Lakers in the 04 finals, I still put Wallace in this spot. Wallace was an elite rim protector, while also having great hands on D. The best intimidator of the group in the paint.

Release: Draymond Green - Unlike the other two, I believe that Draymond Green benefits the most from being a product of the system, I think overall the other two stand alone beat out Draymond. I feel Greens defense is solid, but overrated, and far too many times I see him disappear on the boards. He puts up good numbers, but watching him I don't see him being as consistent as the other two on this list. While Rodman was an elite rebounder/defender, Wallace was an elite rim protector/rebounder, Green doesn't really stand out in one category. He has more range and offensive skill than the other two, but that doesn't put him ahead.

Next: Tayshaun Prince, Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:29 am

Start: Shane Battier. Great defender, capable shooter, fine teammate. I probably like him the most out of the three.

Bench: Tayshaun Prince. Still remember that chase-down block on Reggie Miller.

Release: Bruce Bowen. Can't deny his defensive prowess or ability to knock down that corner three, but I don't care for the dirty stuff. Also a liability from the line, though admittedly he didn't go there a lot.

Next: Joe Smith, Antonio McDyess, Brent Barry
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:56 am

Nobody jumped at this one, so here we go.

Start: Antonio McDyess - He could give you 20 and 10 on any given night, especially in his 7 years in the league (before he hurt his knee). Good from mid range, good powering it in, could get above the rim. And, when he was in his athletic prime (Again, before he hurt his knee) he was a good interior defender. Also, he was an all-star with Denver.

Bench: Brent Barry - This was tough, but I gave him the nod because he was the only white boy Ive ever seen dunk from the foul line... (Not really the main reason) Barry could always shoot the three, but underrated was his slashing game when he was younger, he could straight get to the hoop. He also had good hands, and was quick laterally. Because he could hit the three, he aged well in the league, and was a solid contributor for the 04-05 and 06-07 Spurs teams. I give McDyess the nod over him because I think overall he was able to impact the game in more ways, and was legitimately one of the better PF's in the league at one point.

Release: Joe Smith - Never lived up to potential, but was serviceable. Had a few good years early on, but I never liked his game. Also, I questioned his effort a lot, sometimes it seemed he was just going through the motions. He ended up being journeyman, and I wouldn't even give him the status of a poor mans McDyess.

Next up: Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Webber, Kevin McHale

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Start: Chris Webber

During his prime, he was one of the most skillful power forwards in the game. I mean, the freakin' Kings were formidable with him as their best player... the Kings!

Bench: Kevin McHale

Probably could be argued over Chris Webber, but since this is a game about personal preference, he's on the bench. He also has two sixth man awards, so he's proven to be quite good from the pine.

Cut: Jermaine O'Neal

Had a few great years in his prime - and is possibly a little underrated in the grand scheme of things - but simply doesn't have the resume of the other two.

Next up: Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi, Anthony Bennett.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball