Avengers Infinity War

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Avengers Infinity War

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Meh.

The hype for this movie is comparable to Goldberg-Lesnar in Wrestlemania XX and the plot of the movie can be described like what Goldberg did to Lesnar in Survivor Series 2016.

Not impressed of having to watch almost 3 hours for just a set up movie for the next phase of the MCU.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: Avengers Infinity War

Postby benji on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm

i'll put this in spoilers even though it should be pretty obvious

i actually like that they're ending it on a straight up cliffhanger, too many "multi-part" films in the recent age have tried to be semi-standalone to their detriment so i'm glad that and i'll separate spoil this just in case someone is really fucking dumb:
the movie is basically just thanos beating the shit out of everybody as he acquires the gems, then snapping his fingers and eliminating half the universe (i assume, since that's what he did in infinity gauntlet)

of course, i imagine the way they resolve this whole thing will be stupid as fuck as even the infinity gauntlet deus ex machina would be too complex and subtle for mass audiences (i'm assuming from disney's corporate perspective)

for those who don't want to read Infinity Gauntlet, the ending is Thanos realizes being all powerful is unfulfilling so becomes a farmer
benji

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:52 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Half of the characters "die" (more like turn into dust kind of) and I really wanted that pager to have the x men on it but I can get excited for captain marvel.

But if that green suit thing for captain marvel is real im gonna write an angry comment somewhere and be upset about it.

Also bold move killing of your most successful character a couple months after his film.

Edit: and vision is the most worthless piece of shit should have gotten rid of him way before the time stone but watching him die twice in the matter of seconds wasnt that bad.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:34 am

I think Captain Marvel’s green suit is for CGI purposes.

Hoping the absence of Ant-Man has something to do with the microverse.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby JaoSming on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:47 pm

I hope they stick to this and re-cast characters/heroes in this timeline rather than play it safe and un-do everything

Going forward, I feel like Ant-Man & The Wasp will happen before all of this with the snap happening post-credits.....

...and hell, it'd be great if everyone started turning to dust in Deadpool 2 but we get a 4th wall break with a "merger ain't done yet, bring everyone back" line.

....but yeah, that was darker than I was expecting.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lean on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 pm

The Ant-Man sequel takes place before the events of Infinity War, and I think Hawkeye would be there as well.

I liked it a lot. There's a feeling of dread as the credits play and the audience were in complete silence. Great touch on not using the Avengers MCU theme in the credits.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 am

Some evil guy on Reddit had a theory on Ant-Man & The Wasp....

The whole movie is rescuing the original Wasp, and right when they get back from the micro-verse, poof, she turns into dust from the snap.

I think that'd be a great tie-in, but maybe spaced out as a end-credits scene to let the movie be stand-alone like Black Panther.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lean on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:27 pm

JaoSming wrote:...rather than play it safe and un-do everything

I think this will be the case, and all of the people who were disintegrated were just transferred in a separate realm, more of a soul realm as I think this is the power of the Soul Stone.

I'm also following Agents of SHIELD and while they did a direct lead-up to Age of Ultron (and some of the plot elements in Age of Ultron were from Agents of SHIELD), they didn't have it this time and all we got is a dialogue from a minor character to Quake: "Hey, you heard about what's going on in New York?"

I think the finale for this season is that they'd all end up disintegrated, anyway.

Back to Infinity War, I definitely marked out for the Red Skull!
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Tue May 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Very very entertaining and well done.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 03, 2018 1:01 pm

Definitely enjoyed it. You could've heard a pin drop in the theatre when it finished, though.

Kind of ruins the impact when you know a lot of the characters who were killed off are signed on to do the one coming out next year, of course.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu May 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Andrew wrote:[spoilers]...[/spoiler]

:facepalm2:
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Thu May 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Fixed. That's what I get for not previewing my post.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sat May 05, 2018 4:43 am

Andrew wrote:Kind of ruins the impact when you know a lot of the characters who were killed off are signed on to do the one coming out next year, of course.

...plus the fact that there are sequels announced past next year's Avengers movie.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat May 05, 2018 11:35 am

It's also the nature of the genre to undo and retcon, so most people probably figure it'll happen without knowing that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 05, 2018 2:37 pm

I've been enjoying the fan theories that do that, but still keep all the consequences

e.g. they merge universes with one that had the other half killed, so everyone is still messed up and had to grieve through it.... or add in some re-castings or anything to avoid a full retcon

I could see where they reverse it, at least for the Avengers roster, where those that dusted come back and the current OGs go to dust
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Interesting what the keeper said about abusing the power of the stones. Maybe that was what Strange was alluding to as the 'only way' if what Thanos did can be considered abusing that power.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Lean on Wed May 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Leaked on-set photos for Avengers 4 show the original MCU Avengers (with Ant-Man and Loki) in the Battle of New York from the first Avengers movie.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 09, 2018 6:19 pm

So could be Ant-Man survives the snap by being in the quantum realm (MCU's name for the microverse) since the infinity gems only work in its own universe where it is made, and different universes have its own infinity gems.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Lean on Mon May 14, 2018 7:19 pm

The season finale for Agents of SHIELD is next Saturday, and the past two episodes have references to Infinity War. The events of the past episodes run parallel with Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian's arrival in New York. SHIELD's season 5 final boss is revealed to be Graviton, making his debut after the Graviton concept was introduced in season 1.

Graviton after gaining his powers, became more delusional and intends to stop Thanos by "helping the Avengers."

In the season finale, we might get some Agents of SHIELD characters turn to dust because of the Snap.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Return to Off-Topic