2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Raps in 4
No votes
Raptors in 5
No votes
Raptors in 6
45%
Raptors in 7
18%
Cavaliers in 4
No votes
Cavaliers in 5
No votes
Cavaliers in 6
18%
Cavaliers in 7
No votes
Raptors build a wall of bricks, make America pay for it
9%
Tyrone Lue stars in The Shape of Water II
9%

Total votes : 11

2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Postby Lamrock on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:39 pm

The Cavs narrowly escaped the Pacers despite a historic -40 point differential. Now they take on the Toronto Raptors for the third straight year.

This is the best Raptors team ever, and the worst Cavs team since LeBron returned. Still, I got the Cavs in 6. LeBron just has their number.
Lamrock

Re: 2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Mad as it may seem, I'm going with the Raptors in 7.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Raptors in 6.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Cavs in 6.

Raptors is one of LeBron's bitch teams, other one being the Wizards.

Raptors play a faster pace than the Pacers, would make the Cavs play more of their own game rather than be forced to grind on playing defense in slowed down halfcourt sets like they did with the Pacers.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm

I am going with Raptors in hard fought 6 until LBJ call it quits.

LeBron James has been amazing. 32.7 ppg at high efficiency, PER 33.9 is incredible, 126 ORtg is top class. But heroics cannot last long against better teams like the Raptors. I think the Raptors will score at will while LBJ finally runs out of gas.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Raptors in 6, LBJ will simulate an injury when he feels like he's losing the wheel.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Jeffx on Tue May 01, 2018 5:40 am

Andrew wrote:Mad as it may seem, I'm going with the Raptors in 7.

Not mad, just logical. I don't see the Cavs winning unless their bench can step it up consistently. So far, Clarkson, Nance Jr., & Hood are the Not Ready for Prime Time Players.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 01, 2018 5:40 am

If the series goes like games 5 and 7 vs Indiana (30 combined FT attempts to James), and the refs get involved in running the show in general, I say Cavs in 6. Many of these games will be decided by just a few points, it's those calls that can totally decide games (As well as swing momentum).

However, even though I never thought this Raptors team was that good anyway, I still think they have a better group of players than the Cavs. My prediction is Raptors in 6 or 7, as long as they can stay out of foul trouble/officiating issues in general.

Another shady happening in that game 7, Lance Stephenson played only 12 minutes (not in foul trouble, had only 2 fouls in the game). He was 3-6 from the floor including 2-4 from downtown. He didn't see any time in the second half. Anybody else want to explain why Stephenson who played 26, 23, 23, 23 and 24 minutes in the prior 5 games as the primary defender on James was held out of the second half of a game 7 while not being in foul trouble, and playing well??? It makes zero sense, none whatsoever. They had Bogdonavic and Sabonis on him more often.

The type of calls I am talking about that can help decide a game are the two technicals that were called in game 7. LeBron barely gets touched, and checks his head for blood and makes a spectacle. This is CLEARLY just a common foul. The other one on Collison is in the link below.

phpBB [video]

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/04/watch-refs-give-darren-collison-bogus-t-in-game-7/

Also, flops like this (Which are clearly flops) are called fouls on the opposing teams. LeBron does these a few times a game, which accelerates them being in the bonus.

phpBB [video]

This is relevant on this thread, because If these things happen in the Cavs vs Raptors series, the Cavs will win (As stated prior). By the way, this isn't me completely taking a shot at James specifically, this is taking a shot at the business side of basketball. The shot I am taking at James is the flopping all over the floor, and acting like a Diva (Really... checking your head for blood on that one huh?). The NBA stands to lose millions if LeBron (The most marketed, popular player on the planets) doesn't make it onto the next round. And when I say "popular", I don't mean "Most liked" technically. But he is absolutely the most talked about, watched, marketed, and pushed onto everything and most everyone.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Jeffx wrote:
Andrew wrote:Mad as it may seem, I'm going with the Raptors in 7.

Not mad, just logical. I don't see the Cavs winning unless their bench can step it up consistently. So far, Clarkson, Nance Jr., & Hood are the Not Ready for Prime Time Players.

True, but I still feel like the Raptors are a bit of a shaky pick because of the way they can self-destruct. It's tough to pick against LeBron too, in large part because of the impact he has on games through his talents, but also the questionable officiating that Dee has outlined.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue May 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Cavs in 6, LBJ until proven otherwise (except vs the Celtics)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby air gordon on Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 am

if the much maligned kevin love stays healthy, cavs win but if serge or some other semi mobile big can neutralize him, raptors win
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed May 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Raptors choke hard. Cavs choked little less. LoLz

LBJ with another triple double.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed May 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Raptors blow Game 1. That's why I feel my "Raptors in 7" pick is kind of out there; they let opportunities slip through their fingers in the Playoffs. I'm not going to say there's absolutely no chance after just one game, but I do think the Raptors need to draw first blood.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 pm

As a Raptors fan, I feel heartbroken.
I Hate Mondays

Postby volsey on Thu May 03, 2018 2:19 am

Absolute heartbreaker. I was screaming at Jonas. That guy must of had 10+ shots right near the basket towards the end of regulation and OT.
volsey

Postby Lamrock on Thu May 03, 2018 6:55 am

What a choke job by the Raps. We'll see if giving away a winnable game to LeBron discourages them, of if they recognize that they have a better roster and persevere. Either way, they'd better get JV in some layup drills. Holy shit.
Lamrock

Postby NovU on Thu May 03, 2018 3:23 pm

On the positive note, the Raptors were a better team mostly for the night and this kind of melt down shouldn't happen too often.

It'll always be always tough to beat the Cavaliers in 7 game series as long as LBJ plays like a Best Player of the Series. If you looked at teams that gave him a beat down in the playoff series, there was usually a key opponent player that outproduced him or team effort that held him down. Unfortunately for the Raptors, there isn't a player that can outplay LeGoat in this series. This is why it's so tough to doubt LBJ in this series against the Raptors. But unlike before I believe significantly weakened LBJ's teammates will play a role in Cavs demise. Game 2, Raps, Game 3, Raps. Let's go.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Fri May 04, 2018 12:10 am

NovU wrote:On the positive note, the Raptors were a better team mostly for the night and this kind of melt down shouldn't happen too often.

true but given toronto's history of problems scoring in crunchtime you have to think they need a blowout to win. thought Casey had the right the idea of getting korver or whoever instead of lbj on the switch to lowry/derozan though

It'll always be always tough to beat the Cavaliers in 7 game series as long as LBJ plays like a Best Player of the Series. If you looked at teams that gave him a beat down in the playoff series, there was usually a key opponent player that outproduced him or team effort that held him down. Unfortunately for the Raptors, there isn't a player that can outplay LeGoat in this series. This is why it's so tough to doubt LBJ in this series against the Raptors. But unlike before I believe significantly weakened LBJ's teammates will play a role in Cavs demise. Game 2, Raps, Game 3, Raps. Let's go.

it was really an unlikely win for the Cavs. their bench was actually good and lbj didn't have to put up superhero stats (lol i guess triple doubles are pedestrian numbers?).
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am

Raptors look finished. Great regular season team, mediocre Playoff team.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri May 04, 2018 11:35 am

shadowgrin wrote:Raptors is one of LeBron's bitch teams, other one being the Wizards.

lol this is turning out to be too true. Almost sad though.

LeKing posts 43pts, 8reb, 14ast on just 1 turnover. Even more crazy, Love explodes for 31 pts 11 reb.

Raptors are done. The Cavs fooled us, they're well and alive. Phi vs Cle will be one hell of a series.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 04, 2018 1:04 pm

NovU wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:Raptors is one of LeBron's bitch teams, other one being the Wizards.

lol this is turning out to be too true. Almost sad though.

LeKing posts 43pts, 8reb, 14ast on just 1 turnover. Even more crazy, Love explodes for 31 pts 11 reb.

Raptors are done. The Cavs fooled us, they're well and alive. Phi vs Cle will be one hell of a series.

Well, they have to beat the Celtics first :).

Celtics up 2-0, and I don't see the C's losing at home.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri May 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Yuuuppp it's over. LeKing had it under control all along.
I Hate Mondays

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri May 04, 2018 6:34 pm

pls stop the LeWord posts, we should be better then reddit

LeBronto is the only one that should be allowed
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby air gordon on Sat May 05, 2018 1:00 am

maybe if this site starts streaming for free you claim that stake ;)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun May 06, 2018 1:27 pm

LeBron James. Enough said.

air gordon wrote:maybe if this site starts streaming for free you claim that stake ;)

i meant as a community wise :P
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball