Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:21 am

RIP Bruno. I'm glad he and the WWE were able to make amends a few years back, and that he was rightfully inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:23 am

Lean wrote:Sanity is also called up to Smackdown, but it seems like Nikki Cross is left behind.

Nooooo she was one of my favorite parts of sanity. I did like how they started putting her in storylines and matches towards the end though. That hardcore match was one of the best matches of the year. Again, with the usos and new day at the top, the bar coming in, and with the bludgeons pushed to the top for no reason, there doesn't seem to be much room for any tag action there. Gable moved to raw so is he destined for 205 live?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:05 am

Maybe a reunion with Jason Jordan, if/when they end up dropping the angle that he's Kurt Angle's son.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 pm

[Q] wrote:
Lean wrote:Sanity is also called up to Smackdown, but it seems like Nikki Cross is left behind.

Nooooo she was one of my favorite parts of sanity. I did like how they started putting her in storylines and matches towards the end though. That hardcore match was one of the best matches of the year. Again, with the usos and new day at the top, the bar coming in, and with the bludgeons pushed to the top for no reason, there doesn't seem to be much room for any tag action there. Gable moved to raw so is he destined for 205 live?

Looks like Gallows and Anderson were brought over to job in the division as well, which is unfortunate.

Generally, though, I think I like the roster construction a lot better after the Shake Up. Looking at each roster, there's a lot of potential for good feuds and story lines so we'll see if they're able to deliver. The RAW tag division seems sparse and bleh -- I can see AOP just steamrolling everybody to the titles. The only other real teams I see are Breezango and The Revival (and maybe Bray and Matt Hardy? and/or KO and Zayn?), so maybe they put American Alpha back together, or Ziggler and McIntyre tag or something.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 pm

I'm guessing WOKEN Matt Hardy and REINCARNATED Bray Wyatt will get a short reign with the tag titles, as part of their angle.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:04 am

Andrew wrote:I'm guessing WOKEN Matt Hardy and REINCARNATED Bray Wyatt will get a short reign with the tag titles, as part of their angle.

YeEeEeEeEeEeEeEsssss.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:15 am

Love the Joe move to SD. Now all they need is Finn and it would be a great show with all of the Japan/Indie guys
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:01 am

Seems they did a decent job with the shake-up this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:42 pm

phpBB [video]

Imagine if Lashley had made his surprise return by being Braun's partner at Wrestlemania, instead of what they actually did.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:14 am

I wasn't too keen on Shinsuke's turn as I wanted (selfishly) for him to become a top babyface but he is just so damn good at what he does, and he's so funny I can't help but still enjoy his heel run. That new theme song is a certified banger
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 am

With Daniel Bryan's return, it was also necessary to balance things out in terms of top babyfaces and heels.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:14 pm

[Q] wrote:I wasn't too keen on Shinsuke's turn as I wanted (selfishly) for him to become a top babyface but he is just so damn good at what he does, and he's so funny I can't help but still enjoy his heel run. That new theme song is a certified banger

Heel Shinsuke is infinitely more interesting and compelling than anything he had done since arriving in the WWE previously. I'm enjoying it. Looking forward to an eventual ref bump, nut shot, kinshasa World Championship victory.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:24 pm

So, predictions for the Greatest Royal Rumble? Is this where Reigns takes the title from Lesnar, or is he holding onto the belt until Summerslam?

I've heard that Lesnar's new contract is a very lucrative pay-per-appearance deal, so with that in mind, Reigns might be taking the title off him. Otherwise, it'll be too expensive for him to show up all that often, and it'll put the belt in an even worse holding pattern than it is right now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:46 am

Swapping IC & US titles with Jinder and Miz
Roman Wins
Nak wins
Broken wins
BB wins
Cena Wins
Cedric Wins
Taker Wins
Then Angle & Daniel Bryan as the last two in the Rumble with DB winning

This is so predictable but at the same time it isn't, I love it maggle
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:55 am

Solid picks, can't disagree.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 am

Just finished watching it in its entirety. It's like a house show held in a big venue, with pyro and live coverage from the Network.

So many botches in one WWE show, IMO. The Universal title match ended in a made-up rule.

In that 5-hour show, you only need to see Titus O'Neil's entrance in the Rumble match. That alone is worth everything.

EDIT: I don't know how it works there, but there's a big vacant space around the VIP sections and the bleachers. It was distracting when they switch to a wide angle, zoomed out shot.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Apparently that was something to do with the royal family, the extra space.

I thought the show was mostly pretty enjoyable, but the booking of Reigns/Lesnar...ugh. It started off like basically every other Lesnar match has for the past four years, and then that controversial finish that ignores the standard rules, the rules that were reiterated before and during the match? Weak.

Here's the problem: Reigns looks weaker and weaker with each of these losses. He's looking more and more like Lex Luger in the mid 90s, only he's actually had a couple of lacklustre title reigns whereas Lex never even had that. How many times can Roman keep coming up short and look like a top guy who deserves title shots? Why should he get the opportunities? Why should we buy the idea that he should get them, and could possibly win? In a way, it's worse than "Roman Wins LOL", because that's at least building to something and making him look strong.

I guess they want Lesnar to break CM Punk's reign, which admittedly was with the title that matters, but they'd at least be able to call it the longest major title reign in the modern era or something.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Well, they're petty enough to stick the divas title on an undeserving Nikki to spite Punk as well, so I wouldn't put it past them.

It's funny that the normal cage match rules is that your feet have to hit the floor and Brock never hits the floor while Roman does pretty quickly so he's not laying on top of him. Even Graves knew the rule but then backtracked when he saw the replay.

Glorified house show is a great way of putting it where nothing really advanced the stories, no title changes despite them all being on the line. Ending to the Shin/AJ match was a huge letdown (but they needed to protect both)

A lot of botches but plenty of mistakes by the commentators as well. Botchamania is going to have a field day on this event alone.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:58 pm

My favorite ones were Cole calling Sgt. Slaughter "late, great Sgt. Slaughter," Lashley dropping Big Cass for his delayed vertical suplex spot then attempted it again and it turned into a bad-looking brain buster, and Titus O'Neil's Rumble entrance.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 pm

The RAW tag titles were decided though, so...yay, I guess? I do like that angle, but it gave them an easy out for a championship to change hands.

As much as I dislike today's commentary, I am kind of intrigued to know whether there's actually real heat between Graves and Saxton. It does sound like they're working themselves into a shoot whenever they go at each other on commentary, which is sort of interesting in its own way but also distracting from the in-ring product.

While I did think it was a decent show, glorified house show/live event is absolutely a fair call.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Not surprised with the Greatest Botch Rumble, apparently the WWE spent the days there before the event being pampered by the royal family, it's like the massive eating during a holiday but for 2-3 days straight then getting back to work the next day.

Even Taker looks refreshed with that great vacation.

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Talk about a kayfabe shattering photo. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:45 am

I fear that my hairline would end up just like Taker's. :(
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:07 am

I saw one woman in the couple hours that I watched
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:13 pm

That comes with the territory, literally.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic