Who will win the 2018 NBA Finals?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who's Winning the NBA Championship this Year?

Rockets
30%
Raptors
No votes
Warriors
70%
Celtics
No votes
Trail Blazers
No votes
76ers
No votes
Thunder
No votes
Cavaliers
No votes
Jazz
No votes
Pacers
No votes
Pelicans
No votes
Heat
No votes
Spurs
No votes
Bucks
No votes
Timberwolves
No votes
Wizards
No votes

Total votes : 10

Who will win the 2018 NBA Finals?

Postby JaoSming on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:08 am

Have we ever done this before?

I have Warriors vs Cavs in the Finals again until proven otherwise, with the Warriors winning it all....assuming they can get through the bulk of playoffs healthy.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Who will win the 2018 NBA Finals?

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:17 am

Depending on Curry's health, I have Cleveland losing to GS/HOU; I'd be shocked if anyone has anything otherwise.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:18 pm

With apologies to Rockets fans, I'm picking the Rockets.

You'll know who to blame if Harden and Paul go down with serious knee injuries in the second round.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:58 pm

I stated in the cavs pacers thread there could be an upset so I don't think warriors cavs is a forgone conclusion his year. Especially with the rockets in play at full health with their top guys.

I say rockets vs raptors, though I wouldn't be surprised if Philly made it but rockets take it. Too much offense
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Andrew wrote:With apologies to Rockets fans, I'm picking the Rockets.

You'll know who to blame if Harden and Paul go down with serious knee injuries in the second round.

Not this again....
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I picked the Warriors to win last year. Of course, that was conventional wisdom, but I still came out and said it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:18 am

Picking the Houston Rockets.

As much as we love playoffs LBJ, their regular season was a disaster. Raptors or 76ers imho have better shot to get to the Finals.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:04 am

I can't wrap my mind around a prediction this year.

I think the NBA would love the following:

1. Warriors vs Cavs (Again) - Curry and LeBron are still the most popular players in the world, and obviously that matchup would garner the viewership/marketability the NBA would love. I think it would cap off LeBrons last year in Cleveland (I think all of us believe he is walking), and it would pit a rematch between Durant and LeBron (Which Durant dominated in last years finals).

2. 76ers vs Warriors/Rockets - The 76ers climb has clearly been great for the league, and the "process" has been quite the fan favorite (The actual process, not just Joel Embiid). Having a new, young, exciting team in the finals, passing the torch you could say, could bring new life into the NBA and shift focus onto the new upcoming talent (Embiid and Simmons). If they take on the Warriors, that's beautiful for the league, as it's the ultimate underdog vs the best team in the NBA over the last few years. If it's 76ers vs Rockets, it shows that the league isn't so top heavy, makes it look less watered down.

3. Raptors vs anybody - The Raptors are healthy, and like the 76ers vs Rockets/Warriors, it would show that the league is not so top heavy. In light of a recent tragic event that happened in the area, it would be a great story if the Raptors made an incredible playoff run.

What I think COULD happen:

I still think (Like JaoSming) that the Cavs vs Warriors will be in the finals. Two most popular players in the world, in the finals one more time before LeBron leaves Cleveland. I think the Warriors win as long as the league doesn't interfere, and they stay healthy, as the Warriors are clearly a much more talented team.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:29 pm

I think that the Golden State Warriors will win the championship. If Curry is back and healthy, I don't think any team has much of a chance in a seven game series against them.
Lamrock

Postby Sauru on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:04 am

warriors again. gonna be another exciting finals watching the cavs and warriors play..........
Sauru

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 am

Even if Curry doesn't come back, I got Warriors as favourites.
About the East, it seems to be a wide open race between all 8 teams, lol.
Jackie Kong

Return to NBA & Basketball