Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:02 am

I take back any negative comments on Lewis. He went off and scored 41 points on his debut!

Also managed to snag this diamond for 50k.

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Jealous of that Rice card. What's his dunk package like?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:38 pm

He dunks frequently in traffic (the level 1 dunk package iirc), so he's got that covered. Apparently, Rice is also a good shot blocker. He blocked 2 dunks while I was testing out Lewis. I'll put focus into using Rice tomorrow, so I'll give a report on how I think he plays.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Sounds good. I had him on my 90s LUT in NBA Live 15, and enjoyed playing with him then. He's usually been on the Auction House for a lot more than that though, so I had to skip him when I was looking for the best deals to put together my squad.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm

He usually goes for around the 100k+ range. I have seen him drop to 60k or lower in the past when the AH crashed during the All-Star promo. If you're lucky, you might find a Rice card for a bit lower than he usually goes for, especially with that new Bird card that was released.

So...Ewing is still going for 250k on the auction house, meanwhile, 94 Shaq is going for 100k cheaper.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:00 pm

I snagged a Lewis for 7k and trying to flip him for a profit. Also got Big O for 55, which is far from the 250k asking price from before

FYI there's a 94 shaq currently at 90k with 90 minutes left
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:46 am

Anybody else feel that the required attributes for getting a perfect release when shooting has been nerfed? I remember that if you had a 72 3pt rating, you were able to get a green release if you were in the corner, but now if you shoot anywhere behind the arc with a 72 rating, you always get the low 3pt rating warning.

This makes very difficult for someone like All-Star Giannis or Isiah Thomas to make threes now.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:11 am

I haven't noticed as I tend not to take threes with players that have ratings that low because of the drop in skill immediately under 75 or so, but I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I had some points and coins left over, so I gave the Legends Pack a try: Kevin McHale and Bob Cousy. Short term card from the Challenge was Larry Bird. Also, Shaq's dunk package has definitely been fixed. The Shaq Attaq is baq!

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:27 am

shinron15 wrote:Anybody else feel that the required attributes for getting a perfect release when shooting has been nerfed? I remember that if you had a 72 3pt rating, you were able to get a green release if you were in the corner, but now if you shoot anywhere behind the arc with a 72 rating, you always get the low 3pt rating warning.

This makes very difficult for someone like All-Star Giannis or Isiah Thomas to make threes now.

I've never been successful with a rating under 75. I've gotten lucky occasionally when I accidentally shoot when wide open out of habit but that's why I haven't been sold on giannis or Simmons like you have.

That's why have a problem with the way they rated a lot of players who are good or perfectly capable of hitting 3s. Jokic has a ridiculously low rating and in highlights this dude was hitting like 25 footers with no problems
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:39 am

It's even worse when it comes to Olajuwon's mid-range rating. He should be reliable from that distance, as he was in real life, but it's not worth shooting outside of five feet with him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:56 pm

New Playoffs program this week. You complete an East or West challenge to unlock a pack containing a player from each of the qualifying teams. They are all trial cards, but if you complete their challenge, you unlock a permanent non-auctionable version of their card, which will be used for later playoff challenges. Like the Rookie Ladder cards, they are dynamic stats which change if one of the players has a great performance during the Playoffs.

East players

West players

Speaking of the Rookie Ladder players, this is the last week they will be upgraded. Mitchell ended up with a 96 overall, while Simmons ended up with a 94 overall. Sold Simmons for 120k, and I'm in the process of saving coins for more legends down the road.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Covington and Johnson look like good cards to have in the east, but there are players on the west that I actually like that I might have to go for. Ed Davis and rubio
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Another thing I forgot to point out is that these players seem to count as Playstyle players, as well as team players. For instance, Korver counts as a Cavs player, and a Wing Shooter, and Brogdon counts as a Bucks player, and a Slasher.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Andrew wrote:It's even worse when it comes to Olajuwon's mid-range rating. He should be reliable from that distance, as he was in real life, but it's not worth shooting outside of five feet with him.

Worst example of this is Anthony morrow with a 3 pt rating of 60. Sure he's not the best player in the league so they have to keep his ratings and overall down, but you have to give credit where it's due, and he's a career 40+% shooter. That's what he's known for
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Ouch, that is bad.

Playoffs content looks OK. Something to play if nothing else.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 am

I started the Covington one and will probably do capela in hopes he gets better as the rockets advance
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:12 am

I can see why he goes for a fortune :shock:
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:40 am

That's insane...and further proof of why you can't just look at the Overall Rating.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 am

It's a sad fact, especially since overalls are all the LUT community cares about at this point. Look at this tweet for example.

https://twitter.com/NBALiveAuction/stat ... 0043810816

Sure, Bill Russell deserves an overall higher than 92, but with those stats, do they expect an imaginary intangibles rating to be cranked up to something like 600 just for him to be an unjustified 95 or 96 overall based on his attributes? I got Russell's trial card from the challenge, and he's a great finisher and shot blocker. But all because he's not a 96 or higher, he acts like a child and chooses to boycott the legend packs altogether.

There was someone I watched on Youtube who played LUT since Live 14, and he admitted that Glen Rice is at least in the top 5 best cards to have. It's sad when people value overall ratings over the players themselves. I'm having a blast playing as guys like Carter, Rice, and even Reggie Lewis, the most underrated card from the newest batch of legends.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:48 am

Overall Ratings have always been distracting, but they're a necessary evil in franchise modes. Still, people too much stock in them; I've written at least two or three articles on that over the past few years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am

I don't think overall ratings are completely necessary in LUT I think people can look at the ratings and decide for themselves.

Rice got a nice block for me last game I played. Definitely a solid card to have
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am

They're less important than in franchise modes since you're not trading players for one another, and the fact that the Overall on the cards doesn't match the Overall in-game further decreases their usefulness, but I guess we still need a rough guide to the overall value of a card. I reckon there'd be a fuss if they were removed entirely.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:24 am

I usually judge a card based on if I like how it plays, and how well they perform. Picked up a Birdsong card for 10k, and he performs quite well despite his 90 overall. He can play defense, shoot the ball, and dunk all over defenders.

I'm curious on the Playoffs program. I heard that the full cards have dynamic stats based on their performance, but I wonder what happens if their team gets eliminated.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 am

I'd say they'll just update with their performance as of the round(s) they end up playing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Andrew wrote:They're less important than in franchise modes since you're not trading players for one another, and the fact that the Overall on the cards doesn't match the Overall in-game further decreases their usefulness, but I guess we still need a rough guide to the overall value of a card. I reckon there'd be a fuss if they were removed entirely.

I would not mind it if the number on the card was an actual reflection of an average of all of the visible ratings, but they are pointless if the numbers are chosen arbitrarily as they are now

I wound up completing the Covington challenge. Might do capela next. I do appreciate the updated rosters but it did feel weird to play against the heat with no Wade or Whiteside. It's a pretty cool idea to simulate the playoffs by requiring winning 4 games with a 7 game card
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18