Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

I thought he was effective, but definitely expendable. Not sure I'll get much for him, but worth a shot.

Would love to get Ewing. I too would prefer Houston to Jackson.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:49 am

I'd advise everyone to hold off on legend packs for this week. Many of the Knicks players don't have impressive attributes, and it's almost been an hour since the packs were released, and I've seen nobody pull Ewing, not even on Twitter.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:29 am

Thanks for the tip. A shame, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:35 am

An hour and a half has passed since the legend packs were released, and still not a single Ewing pulled. I think they forgot to include him inside the packs.

Here's the attributes of all the Knicks legends by the way

Edit: After two hours, some finally pulled Ewing. Either they finally added him into the packs, or he's that insanely low to pull.

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:53 am

Ewing's finishing and rebounding/defensive ratings probably make him worth it if you're lucky enough.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:12 am

Hopefully they gave Ewing a dunk package for those who pulled him. His stats look similar to David Robinson's on closer inspection, so if somebody is still looking for their second Center, and somehow (keyword: somehow) manages to pull Pat, they found their backup Center. Karl Malone still needs a fixed dunk package, as he still performs layups and the occasional two handed standing dunk.

Legend packs are possibly the scariest this week if anyone is brave enough to try their luck, and here I thought the Celtics pack was risky enough. I got a trial Willis Reed from the challenge, so I thought I give his card a chance, and he can't really do much, but at the very least, he's capable of blocking shots. Frazier and Jackson (especially Jackson) seem to be good as speed and dribbling...and that's about it. King is a good finisher, post player, and a solid rebounder, but I don't think he would make my team imo.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:34 am

Can confirm low odds for Ewing. I had some NBA Points left over so I thought I'd give it a try. Ended up with Reed, who I'm now trying to flip along with Yao. I did get Ewing's short term card from the challenge though, and I can confirm that he has an effective big man dunk package.

Also played the Dirk Big Moment, and ended up with a short term LeBron James card.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 am

I'm hoping for more Master challenges to drop. We still need the 2/2 games to upgrade the existing Masters, and it's almost been two months since the last batch of challenges were released.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:26 am

I pulled Frazier from the challenge pack. I wanted to fill a roster spot so I had been using Walton's limited card on my bench but I decided to actually use him. I was a little surprised that his rebounding was pretty good. His defense was pretty solid just like in the 70s team challenge. Too bad he's not good for anything else

I wound up pick up a Penny hardaway card just for fun as he was one of my favorite players. I am starting to stop thinking about getting the best players to make my starting 12 as I'm maxed out on that and looking to get players that are fun to play with or who I am big fans of.

I have quite a few players now just outside the top 12 who I sub in for fun now: all star lillard, all star Butler, yao, Glen Rice, Penny, totw randle & Clarkson, Donovan Mitchell, Rick Barry, and a few others
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 am

Rookie Ladder cards upgraded today. Simmons jumped from a 91 to a 93!

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:03 am

Man, I jumped on the Donovan Mitchell train a little too late. Wish I got his ladder card early on before the price jumped!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:32 am

Anybody else feeling that LUT is lacking atm? I keep seeing posts on Twitter how Live Mobile is getting all these new Masters and Holiday players, while LUT 18 hasn't even received a new Master in two months.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:43 am

It's definitely gotten a bit stale. The all star event was nice, but I'd like more content besides new players since I have my team set.

I've been mindlessly playing the ladder and legends challenge each week just to do them and to see what I get. Then scanning through the jerseys in auction house to see bid I can flip any for a profit.

Still confuses me why they don't have city or classic jerseys in the mode. Hell, they even had Sonics jerseys for the legend event that week. They added the statements fairly quickly after they were officially unveiled. No throwback logos like they had in 15 so people are using regular logos and you're given your favorite teams logo so there's no incentive in getting another one.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 am

LUT needs a mode like MyTEAM's Domination, and perhaps a couple of Big Moments challenges each week. Again, challenges to convert the temporary cards into permanent ones would be good as well. Definitely agree that additional content like retro jerseys wouldn't go astray either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:29 am

Speaking of uniforms, it would be cool to see the option to have players wear team specific uniforms, like the '97-'02 All-Star games. The legends can wear their uniforms from their time, complete with reduced shorts length (I remember the older Live games had an option to adjust shorts length for a designated player).

Even the Big Moments challenges are kind of disappointing when you look at it. There are some players with luck so bad, that they might pull nothing but trials from those challenges, and not a single permanent player. Yes, it's a free card, but the odds of pulling a permanent almost feel like MyTeam odds of getting that one player you want from the limited time packs, and most of the permanent cards I've seen pulled were Boogie and Jokic.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:46 am

I haven't had any luck getting a permanent card from the Big Moments challenges yet. Admittedly, I have had some pretty good luck with the Legends packs so far, but I've also dropped some real cash on them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 am

Just turned Yao Ming into Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway (Warriors edition). That's also given me Run-TMC coming off the bench.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Once you get your team stacked, it becomes fun to play against the AI in Play Now. I usually put my team against either the East or West All-Stars to see how well they do. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the online experience. It was a laggy mess, and my opponent's connection dropped. Shame, since he had a 94 overall team vs my 93 overall team.

Hopefully, Live 19 has the ability to play with friends in head to head. It would be even better if it were like MyTeam, where if you were playing with a friend, none of your players' contracts will be used, including the trial cards.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:41 pm

I haven't had a great experience online either, be it in LUT or in the LIVE Events. Not having a local server definitely hurts; jumpshots and free throws are virtually impossible.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:54 am

These prices I keep seeing in the AH make it nearly impossible to buy cards nowadays. I see the great legend Centers going for about 250k+, whenever I see a Pippen, he goes for 300k+, Bird goes for 900k+, etc. On top of that, I can't even find cards for certain players anymore (Mikan being the best example I can think of off the top of my head).

I remember seeing Robinson going for around 150k, Magic Shaq going for around 175k, and even Pippen going for around 180k, but it appears the price has basically doubled for every player.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 am

Yeah, I don't think I'll end up with Shaq, Ewing, or Robinson. I was lucky to get Hakeem in a pack, and Mutombo fairly cheaply in the Auction House.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:09 am

It's strange, considering that prices on the XB1 AH are much lower than the PS4 AH. Glen Rice goes for about 85k on XB1, but goes for 150k+ on PS4. Another instance is with 96 Iverson. He goes for around 300k on XB1, but goes for 700k+ on PS4. If the prices continue to become this demanding, the AH will become obsolete.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:27 am

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 am

Interesting that XB1 users are setting lower prices. Maybe there's more wagering happening on PS4?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:47 pm

shinron15 wrote:These prices I keep seeing in the AH make it nearly impossible to buy cards nowadays. I see the great legend Centers going for about 250k+, whenever I see a Pippen, he goes for 300k+, Bird goes for 900k+, etc. On top of that, I can't even find cards for certain players anymore (Mikan being the best example I can think of off the top of my head).

I remember seeing Robinson going for around 150k, Magic Shaq going for around 175k, and even Pippen going for around 180k, but it appears the price has basically doubled for every player.

Checking virtually every day for the past couple of weeks I've probably seen one or two mikan cards.

I've seen bird for a reachable amount but I think it might be the same guy who keeps posting iverson for 700k and obviously not selling him
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18