Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby [Q] on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:45 am

Pippen new dunk package confirmed lol

Teaming him with Rick Barry was so much fun. Both those guys just posterizing defenders left and right
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:56 am

Did you buy another Pippen? I only saw him once on the AH in the past 4 days, but didn't have enough coins to get him, and when I did, he wasn't there for about 3 days. I just basically said forget it and purchased a Ladder Simmons card (assuming they're gonna give a special upgrade by the time the ROTY is crowned).
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 am

No, luckily I kept mine for the 99 defense but just kept him on my bench.

I'm kind of wary of blowing my coins on something I don't really want so I'm just waiting for something good
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 am

Ladder Simmons has similar stats to Wing Scorer Giannis, so I'm going to put Giannis on auction, since every time the overalls increase for the Rookies, their prices skyrocket. Should Simmons win ROTY, his card might get a special upgrade like the All-Star contest winners, so his card will be worth even more by then.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:50 am

I was very kindly gifted a generous amount of coins by ToneLoc21, so I've been able to build the rest of my 90s All-Stars quite quickly. I'll go into more detail in this week's Monday Tip-Off, but just as a preview...

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:17 am

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:43 am

Sooo that retro Dirk card is one of those impossible to get big moments card? I'm a little disappointed. You can't even buy those in auction right
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:12 am

It's not the Dirk seen on the 00's Legends team (that's '99-'00 Nowitzki), this is '10-'11 Nowitzki. Good news is that I pulled him from the challenge, but the bad news is that it's yet another trial. Unlike most BM cards, Dirk actually has nice stats. Sadly, these cards can't be put for auction.

My updated lineup after some changes.

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 am

I wouldn't mind playing a few games on harder difficulty to get a permanent Big Moments card, or at least have to complete a secondary challenge to turn it into one, as with the All-Star content.

Meanwhile, my 90s All-Stars team is taking shape. I even had to edit the article an hour or so before it went live, because I managed to pick up another card. Article here, for those interested: http://www.nba-live.com/mto-90s-ultimate-team/
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am

That sounds like a much better idea in regards to the Big Moments cards. Especially since the draw of the player is also random, you could get a permanent card, but there's a chance it's a player you don't want such as Jokic or Cousins (no disrespect to those two), as their cards aren't as great as the overall says; especially with Jokic shooting above 30% from the three point line, but has a poor three point rating.

By the time the Playoffs begin, I have a feeling that special cards will come out by then, and the market will possibly crash again, so that might be a good time to get the higher overall cards for cheaper. I got the Sonics version of Kemp for I believe 46k when the All-Star program happened.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:08 am

I'll start saving again, and maybe flip a few cards if possible. I haven't seen Sonics Kemp in the Auction House in the past couple of days, but the Cavs version is still pretty effective.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:30 am

That Simmons card is nice but like the giannis all star card, the 3s are lacking. 3 point shooting is a big part of my game so I need that for all my players

Good to see 2000 Dirk will likely be a master challenge
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:01 am

Even with his low three point rating, Simmons is still a great player to have at the point. He can't finish and score quite like Giannis, but his playmaking is far superior, and can do everything else Greek Freak can do. On top of that, his card went from an 88 to a 91 within a matter of weeks, so by Friday, he could be bumped to a 92 overall based on his recent performances. If he becomes the ROTY, his card will be worth a fortune.

I finally saw a Pippen card in the AH, but they wanted 375k for him lol (the Larry Bird there was going for 900k!)
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:00 am

Curious. Do you guys still find the gameplay to be quite different from exhibition play? A couple people said that before, in fact they said that exhibition play was superior.

In regards to PS4 Pro vs Xbox One (regular), anybody try is for PS4 PRO yet? is it possibly more reactive?

I have Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 Pro, and it's pretty damn reactive, more reactive than most console games I have played. Thinking about picking up Live 18 for my PS4 Pro.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 am

I actually played a couple games of The League the other night and it seems no different from ultimate team. Maybe game speed is just a tad bit higher in the league, but not really that noticeable
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:31 am

The gameplay in Ultimate Team/The League vs Exhibition is different due to default sliders and game speed locked to 50 in the former, and the latter has adjustable sliders and game speed, as well as the updated rosters changing attributes (other modes default to the opening night rosters). The gameplay for both modes however, feel different than it did around launch, due to the inside game being nerfed, and the double anklebreaker glitch removed. The AI on lower difficulties still have a tendency to hold on to the ball even when losing, but they have better reaction on the higher difficulties (In LUT, the Play Now difficulty is set to All-Star).

I think the main difference between the PS4 Pro and PS4 versions is the removal of the rare hiccups the game has when the CPU does something, and reduces some frame drops. I don't have the PS4 Pro, but I'm going from footage that I've seen. If you do get Live 18 for the PS4 Pro, and want to get back into LUT, it'll be much easier to do so. Team of the Week challenges now award you with a guaranteed Elite player upon completion, Legend Packs have been added which guarantee you a legend from the team featured for that week for 35k, and a lot of legends have been added to the mode.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Are the prices of Oscar robertson coming down? I've only seen him listed at 150k (maybe it's the same guy reposting it)
but I put in a bid tonight on one for 42k (which certainly won't win) and there was also one for like 75k.
Also spotted a Ben Simmons ladder for 75k, which I was tempted to go for but I still don't know about that low 3 point rating lol and also I had my money tied up in the robertson bid so it didn't matter anyways
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby matmat66 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Three point shooting is also a big part of my game as I find it difficult to score in the post on higher difficulty setting using my center or power forward. The role of my center and power forward is mainly to block shots and rebound, with occasional follow-ups.

If I want a death 3 pt. line-up, I'll put Steph Curry at pg, and either Petrovic, Ray Allen, Maravich or Booker at sg, then either Bird or Mullin at SF, and Horry at PF. I make sure that there are at least 2 three point shooters in the my line up at any given time :D
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:50 pm

Robertson's prices have gone down since he was first released, but you could find one for 65k buy now if you're lucky. He dunks all over players and plays a decent post game for a guard.

Simmons is a great substitute for those who don't have Wing Scorer Giannis, or want to sell him. I made 97k from Giannis, and with the benefit of Simmons' stats being upgraded, he's going to be worth it in the long run. The thing with Simmons is that he should be treated like Magic Johnson; he's not meant for shooting, so I usually place him at the 1 (which is technically his position in the real NBA), and use him mainly as a pass-first guard.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:53 am

Shinron/Q, Thanks for the info.

I think I'll pick it up for PS4 Pro and give it a go. Right now I have an Xbox One that collects dust, and a PC that I play ALL THE TIME. Wouldn't mind firing up the PS4 pro now and than and playing a few games of Live.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:15 pm

so does this mean we'll get a throwback Lebron as well? Or maybe big moments?

Lol I wound up winning Oscar Robertson for 46k. Should I keep him? I feel like I should flip him for a profit
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm thinking of trying to sell Yao, just to get some more 90s players.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:30 pm

I can almost guarantee throwback cards that aren't masters challenges or big moments. If they where only going to make throwback cards available in master challenges I promise you JR Smith wouldn't be the only one available right now.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:54 am

[Q] wrote:[ Image ]
so does this mean we'll get a throwback Lebron as well? Or maybe big moments?

Lol I wound up winning Oscar Robertson for 46k. Should I keep him? I feel like I should flip him for a profit

Technically, there's two versions of masked LeBron; one with his clear mask, and the other here, with the black facemask. I could see one of them being a Master player. As for Robertson, test him out in some games, if you don't like him, then you can sell him.

Andrew wrote:I'm thinking of trying to sell Yao, just to get some more 90s players.

Tbh, Yao isn't really worth it when I used him. Sure, he's got size and great defense, but with his lack of speed, and criminal midrange rating, he feels like one of those Legend Centers you can get for cheap like Walton.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:27 am

Knicks legends part 2 tomorrow. Legends are Bernard King, WIllis Reed, Mark Jackson, Walt Frazier, and Patrick Ewing. Imo, I would've rather had Allan Houston over Jackson, but it is what it is.
RayRay_953

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18