Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:27 am

Oh there's no way AJ shin match is last. 0% chance.

Looks like they're being ambiguous bout Cena's opponent so they can switch to mysterio if undertaker can't or won't do it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:33 am

True, it does seem like they're leaving themselves some leeway there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm

phpBB [video]

See, HHH and Stephanie's characters would be so much more bearable if this happened more often, instead of the faces meekly accepting being berated. slapped, or beaten up. They better not go over at Wrestlemania, though. You wouldn't think they'd be that stupid or egotistical (or egotistically stupid), but you can't rule it out, sadly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 pm

So, they're going ahead with Undertaker/Cena. Obviously not for everyone, but on the bright side, if you're sick of both of them, you've only got one match to skip. Being the Taker fan that I am, and given that I expect that this will indeed be "one more match" for him, I'll watch it for that. I don't know who you put over, though. You'd think Cena since he has more years left, but he doesn't need the rub, either. I will say if nothing else, Cena's promo was pretty damn good. It's that type of edge that his character has been missing for...well, most of his run as a main eventer, to be perfectly honest.

Interesting situation with Reigns (kayfabe) getting suspended for shooting his mouth off. The thing is, his character is bringing up some great points about Brock Lesnar (in kayfabe and frankly in reality, too), but the crowd still isn't on his side. Probably because it's a situation of the pot calling the kettle black as far as being one of Vince's boys, though granted, he is at least a full-time performer. For all their talk about shades of grey and HHH saying "Well, isn't he already a heel?", it's clear they're desperate to get him over as a face. Normally, having him go up against Vince would accomplish that, but when it doesn't...well, shouldn't that be a sign that they should turn him heel, if only to have him organically turn face later on? You'd think so, but they're not going to do it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 am

I don't see how you put over Cena at WM, which is like Undertakers event. Added with the fact that he only shows up once a year and is the special attraction, to me it's a no-brainer. But then again, Sting over HHH was a no-brainer for most normal people as well, but "anything can happen in the WWF" lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am

Well, if it is Taker's last match, tradition says he goes out with a loss.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 am

Yes, traditionally, the retiring wrestler gets "put down" so last year would have been a great stopping point for him or even after the loss to Brock. But since he's lost all these matches, why not give him a win and give him his moment?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 am

Oh, I'm all for that. I figured he was done last year, which is why he put over Reigns. If he's got enough left in the tank for one more match with Cena, then I don't think a win would be inappropriate. Taker is old school though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he loses.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Calling an American Badass return because Kid Rock is at Wrestlemania as well... apparently using the same theme as with Wrestlemania 30.

Also, that video package for Kid Rock "contributing" one of Undertaker's themes as one of his Hall of Fame credentials -- WHAT ABOUT JIM JOHNSTON THEN, HUH VINCE HUH?
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:23 pm

For sure. An induction for Jim Johnston is way overdue. He should be recognised in some way as a contributor, at least.

I'm not sure Taker will go full American Badass, but that's definitely an interesting suggestion with Kid Rock also being a part of the festivities.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:21 am

WWE dropped Moolah's name from the women's battle royal due to her history of pimpin.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:37 am

Pimpin ain't easy! U less you're the godfather.

Good move on their part, especially to avoid the PR disaster.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 am

I hadn't read up on that part of Moolah's legacy. Definitely the right thing to do, given the circumstances. Mae Young would've been a much more appropriate namesake, though they already used her name for the Mae Young Classic last year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:14 pm

I've read somewhere that they dropped it because the Wrestlemania sponsor (Snickers) talked WWE to it. Not even familiar with Moolah's side activities during her day, but I guess it's the better move. The new name sounds generic though.

One of the comments on Twitter said that if the Moolah Battle Royal pushed through, there should have been a "Chris Benoit Submission Special."
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:26 pm

There's a lengthy breakdown of her sordid history here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... nding_the/
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Wow that is pretty bad. Unfortunately it happens a lot everywhere and people maintain a great public image.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:47 pm

All too true. I'd heard that she was very controlling as a booker and screwed over her charges financially and politically, but I didn't know that she essentially engaged in human trafficking as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:58 am

Daniel Bryan formally cleared by WWE to return to in-ring action

HO-LY SHIT HO-LY SHIT HO-LY SHIT

I thought that's what they were kinda building towards storywise on SD but it didn't make much sense if he wasn't going to wrestle. Hopefully he stays away from those missile dropkicks

Why the change of heart from WWE? They felt they were going to lose their cash cow so better to profit off of him than losing him to someone else
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:43 am

YES! YES! YES!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Man, it was really cool to see him be himself, reacting and enjoying his return to the ring. Couldn't be happier for him as you can tell he genuinely loves to do this. Great promo and I was really happy for him to be able to take some bumps and get physical for the first time in years. It is a shame to have him taken away at his peak and as WWE champion, but now we get some really cool possibilities with matches against SHINSUKE NAKAMURA (which he has been wanting to do), AJ, Finn and all the new guys. We wouldn't have had that years ago.

Also, my god you guys need to watch the Cedric Alexander/Roddy Strong match from last week's 205 live. Best match that I have watched in a very long time, especially since it was a match where you really didn't know who was going to win.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to his second run. I guess it remains to be seen whether he'll be a semi-part timer, perhaps just to begin with as they take it easy with him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:22 pm

I'll just have to watch Smackdown again tonight and catch up to 205 Live and NXT. But man does it feel good for Bryan to return. I've read some comments that WWE shouldn't have announced him being cleared for ring action but what would make people tune in to Smackdown with great anticipation?

I've seen clips of his altercation with Owens and Zayn, boy that pop sure sounded like the one he had when he turned on Bray. It was fantastic.

Q wrote:Also, my god you guys need to watch the Cedric Alexander/Roddy Strong match from last week's 205 live.

Damn, I've watched that and I was totally hooked and rooted for Strong to win. I guess they're going for Cedric and Ali for the finals.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm guessing it's partly to beat the dirt sheets, but also to get people to actually tune in and watch. A vague promise about a "big announcement" could mean anything, and tends to be overused anyway. It's kind of like the Hall of Fame announcements, where they have mainstream media outlets break the news before the announcement and video package on RAW.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Just a heads-up, New Japan's YouTube channel last April 1 posted the Wrestle Kingdom 10 match between AJ and Shinsuke for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship and it's free for viewing up until WrestleMania 34.

phpBB [video]
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Shawn Michaels cut his hair.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic