Introducing March Modness, A Celebration of Modding! (and a modding giveaway)

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Introducing March Modness, A Celebration of Modding! (and a modding giveaway)

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Introducing a new event here at the NLSC: March Modness!

To celebrate our modding community, we're running a competition throughout March. Modders who upload work to our Downloads database during the month will be entered in a contest to win a copy of either NBA Live 19 or NBA 2K19 later this year; their choice. The mods can be for any iteration of NBA Live or NBA 2K, as long as it's a PC release. Please see below for the full terms and conditions of entry.

I'm also feeling inspired to get back into the hobby, and will be looking to release some new mods throughout March. The first one will be posted very soon, with more to follow as they're finished. Please note that I'm not taking any requests, and larger projects will depend on my free time. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to releasing some new mods, particularly the ones I mentioned in this week's Monday Tip-Off.

In between all that, you can look forward to the usual File Additions bulletins featuring the latest releases from the community. As always, thanks to everyone who continues to contribute to our Downloads database, and help out with tutorials!

Depending on how this event turns out, it may become an annual tradition here at the NLSC. Good luck to all modders looking to enter the contest, and I hope you enjoy the mods that I'll be releasing over the next month!

NLSC March Modness Contest Terms & Conditions

• One winner will be selected at the end of March. The prize is a copy of either NBA Live 19 or NBA 2K19; winner's choice.
  • The winner will be selected at random, and all decisions are final. If a participant is disqualified, unreachable, or banned, a new winner will be selected.
  • To enter, participants must release at least one mod during the month of March 2018, and include the term "March Modness" in the description.
  • Mods can be for any PC release of NBA Live or NBA 2K.
  • To qualify for the contest, mods must be uploaded to the NLSC's Downloads section. No ad links or external hosting is allowed; tip jar links are permitted.
  • Mods must remain in the database, and hosted by the NLSC. Removal of the mods or replacement with an external link will result in disqualification.
  • Each individual mod release counts for one entry in the contest, with a maximum of five entries per participant.
  • Entries may be updated with new versions (where applicable). Updated versions of the same mod do not earn another entry.
  • All releases must comply with community rules regarding permission, appropriate credits, and content. No stolen work!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Introducing March Modness, A Celebration of Modding!

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:11 am

puntastic
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 am

Too punny to pass up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Book_Gazette on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 am

I didn't get the pun until someone brought it up. Guess saying it with an Aussie accents makes it sound different.
Book_Gazette

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:18 am

The pun has nothing to do with an Australian accent. It's just a play on the word "madness".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Introducing March Modness, A Celebration of Modding! (and a modding giveaway)

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:21 am

We've had a couple of entries in the giveaway so far. If you're releasing work during March and would like a free copy of either NBA Live 19 or NBA 2K19 later this year, get involved!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Introducing March Modness, A Celebration of Modding! (and a modding giveaway)

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Don't forget if you want to enter the March Modness giveaway, you've got to put "March Modness" in the description when you upload files to the database!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:03 am

Does this include updates for already released mods? (my ncaa mod)
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:33 am

It has to be a new upload, released during March.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:09 am

Are you able to post a list of contenders then other community members can help with a poll or something?

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:10 am

No, because the winner isn't being selected by a community vote. The terms of entry and other information about the giveaway are explained in the first post.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks to everyone who took part in March Modness! I've made a note of all the valid entries and will make the drawing in due course; obviously, the prize won't be coming your way until later this year, when the games are available to pre-order (and then subsequently released).

I've still got some work I'd like to release in April, so stay tuned for that. I hope that the rest of our modding community remains just as enthusiastic with their releases moving forward!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 am

Who wound up winning this?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:44 am

Completely spaced on drawing the winner. :doh: Sorry about that, everyone. I still have all the entries, I'll try to get to it over the weekend so that I can announce it here and on the next Podcast.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:07 pm

With the preview season well and truly underway, and the release just weeks away, the time has definitely come to draw a winner to the giveaway. Congratulations to TGsoGood, the winner of our inaugural March Modness giveaway! As mentioned, TGsoGood will get to choose between a copy of NBA 2K19 and NBA Live 19 as his prize.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mrk326 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:22 am

Congratulations TGsoGood!!
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby BPDHoplite on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:05 am

I'm gonna be the only honest one here and say God dammit I wanted to win :lol: :lol: :lol:

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:19 pm

I can appreciate the honesty. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard