Question About Swapping Hair on Cyberfaces

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Question About Swapping Hair on Cyberfaces

Postby AllHailMrLyrical7 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:44 am

Hey everybody.
I was watching some of TGsoGood's videos on YouTube so I could try to learn about how to make cyberfaces in 2k18. I wanted to start small, so I began by trying to change Tyler Dorsey's hair to make it a bit taller, so I swapped his hair with Nick Young's. I watched this video and was able to do it. In the close up preview, it shows the new hairstyle.

But in game it reverts back Dorsey's original hair.

Initially, I thought I forgot to delete the hihead_LODShape values from the hair_01.SCNE file, but I went back and checked and I did do that. I also tried deleting the values from the hihead.SCNE file and that didn't change anything. I'm still new to modding, so I don't really know what else to try. Here's the link to the png.iff file, if somebody could take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section of the forums. I'll move to the right place if I need to.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K18 by Andrew on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 am.
AllHailMrLyrical7

Re: Question About Swapping Hair on Cyberfaces

Postby advinXcola on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:44 pm

AllHailMrLyrical7 wrote:
Initially, I thought I forgot to delete the hihead_LODShape values from the hair_01.SCNE file, but I went back and checked and I did do that. I also tried deleting the values from the hihead.SCNE file and that didn't change anything. I'm still new to modding, so I don't really know what else to try. Here's the link to the png.iff file, if somebody could take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section of the forums. I'll move to the right place if I need to.

Delete the actual hihead_LODShape model within iff files. And also delete the values in Hair.scene and facial.scne. (Y)
advinXcola

Postby AllHailMrLyrical7 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:11 am

advinXcola wrote:
AllHailMrLyrical7 wrote:

Delete the actual hihead_LODShape model within iff files. And also delete the values in Hair.scene and facial.scne. (Y)

Thanks for the reply. I'm still having a bit of trouble with it. I deleted the hihead_LODShape models from the iff file, but that made the cyberfaece disappear in preview, so then I tried deleting just the files named in the original hair_01.scne file. The cyberface showed up again, but the hair still didn't show in game. I also went and deleted the hihead_LODShape values from the facialhair_01.scne file.

Here's the link to the cyberface as it is now in case you want to look at it.
AllHailMrLyrical7

Postby advinXcola on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

You need to put the hair_01.scne [the updated hair] you need to replace it. and along with the hair model. Well try this one I edited it. try if it is fixed the problem.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pw8d2en4qm3plme/png7540.iff
advinXcola

Postby AllHailMrLyrical7 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:49 pm

advinXcola wrote:You need to put the hair_01.scne [the updated hair] you need to replace it. and along with the hair model. Well try this one I edited it. try if it is fixed the problem.

Still didn't work. Maybe there's a problem with the file itself?
AllHailMrLyrical7

Postby advinXcola on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 pm

AllHailMrLyrical7 wrote:
advinXcola wrote:You need to put the hair_01.scne [the updated hair] you need to replace it. and along with the hair model. Well try this one I edited it. try if it is fixed the problem.

Well nothing I can do about that. BTw. Try video setting to ultra or high. Because to me it works fine. (Y)
advinXcola

Postby mrk326 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Use also the hair_01_shell.scne of the player you're taking transferring the hair style from.
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby AllHailMrLyrical7 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:36 pm

advinXcola wrote:
AllHailMrLyrical7 wrote:

Well nothing I can do about that. BTw. Try video setting to ultra or high. Because to me it works fine. (Y)

No worries man, I couldn't get it to work, but thanks for all of your help.

mrk326 wrote:Use also the hair_01_shell.scne of the player you're taking transferring the hair style from.

I also tried that and it made the cyberface disappear in preview. Do I have to change something in the scne file or keep it the same?
AllHailMrLyrical7

Postby mrk326 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Delete the LOD values in the scne file and then dont forget to include the actual model corresponding to the shell.scne
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby Chris20000 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm

I dont think you can swap hair which is ok tho i am working around it
Chris20000

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 pm

I will take a look at it
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby MeAndBettyWhite on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:45 am

I also had a question about swapping hair. I was trying to give Chris Anderson’s png0984 cyberface long hair with preferably kelly olynks man bun or Evan Fourniers hair. It always comes out really patchy or Anderson’s beard looks all blocky. I’m pretty sure the hair texture and the facial hair textures are linked or am I doing something wrong?
MeAndBettyWhite

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding