Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:56 am

I did the team of the week from I think last week and got a bledsoe card last night. I was hoping for a KAT or Blake Griffin card because those were selling for like 15-20k
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

The boosted cards in both LUT and MyTEAM have their positives and negatives. I'm not against them as I think they're fun to shake things up, but sometimes the boosts can be a little much. Examples such as Scola being 95 Overall in MyTEAM are a good example of that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:35 am

Yeah, 2K giving Scola a 95 Overall card was silly, and that's an example of a ridiculous choice. When you take in consideration of these ToTW ratings, it's like the Rookie Ladder overalls; higher than usual, but shows a player's growth.

I also watched gameplay of the newest Harden card, and to be honest, I'm not impressed. For starters, he can't dunk, at all. He only performs layups (Pippen can get occasional contact dunks, but Harden...gets absolutely no dunks whatsoever), so players like 93 McGrady, and even Nique are better options to go with, since both of them can dunk, and despite them having a lower overall, their stats are basically better all around than that Harden.
Last edited by RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 am

Dunk packages do seem to be an issue in LUT this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 am

Even Paul Pierce doesn't dunk the ball as much as I thought he would. It's more frequent than Pippen, but nowhere near the level of someone like McGrady
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 am

Penny Hardaway also does not dunk except for a few times on fastbreak. Good thing he is taller than normal point guards. The 93 overall All Star Giannis is really a beast, much better than Magic T-Mac. I managed to snag him for 100k. The Larry Bird and 96 overall Allen Iverson are the most expensive cards I've seen and I am no longer hoping that I can get any of these cards so I have to be satisfied with my 90 overall AI.
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:19 pm

It's not "having" to be satisfied with Master Iverson, especially since his 96 overall version is just glorified with +3 or so for each stat, and the 96 overall is just placebo to increase your team overall rating. Besides, all Master Players receive upgraded overalls through later challenges, so it's most likely gonna make the Legend card obsolete. This is probably how Master Curry might achieve a 99 3pt rating.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi shinron, I only have the 90 rated AI from the legends pack and not the master AI version :D . It will take a very long time for me to be able to attempt to get the master version since I still don't have all the team heroes. I think the master AI is closer to the 96 rated legend version of AI.
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:16 pm

I have no problem dunking on my team as I have Magic shaq, nique, all star LeBron, and even ladder kuzma throws down while leaving pippen on the bench

Just did the team of the week and got Burke. What's weird is that with the outdated rosters you don't even play against the guys on the team of the week because they aren't even on their respective teams. That's a problem. You mean to tell me they can't set up an updated starting 5 like they so on hometown teams every week? And 3 guys on the bulls starting five are wearing #8. I saw they updated Rubio to #3 and thankfully my ladder Josh Hart is updated to #5 but I dunno how taj Gibson still doesn't have the right number. I did appreciate that I got to play against Jeremy Lin who otherwise wouldn't have been on the team
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby iceinmyveins on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:16 am

zzcoolj21 wrote:[ Image ]

[ Image ]

:eh:
In the words of The Fray...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFg_8u87zT0

Apparently finding one's faith makes you almost Iverson level?
iceinmyveins

Postby iceinmyveins on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:22 am

Only done one challenge. Going on vacation soon from work so hoping to get serious. Beat the Warriors challenge, got KD for a couple of games. I deleted my first drawing (bunch of crap players). This time, at least I got Mike Miller. I also got Jordan Clarkson to pair with Harden from the initial draw. Hoping to win some auctions next time. Also I guess everybody got LeBron for Christmas, so next challenge/game I'm rolling with Harden/Clarkson/Durant/James/Pekovic. Nobody else that famous on the bench/inventory but I've heard of some of them. Compared to my first draw (Ingram, Harden and a bunch of "who he play for?" scrubs), this one was much better (Harden, Clarkson, Pekovic, Mike Miller).
iceinmyveins

Postby [Q] on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:39 am

I would save the limited timed cards for the harder challenges. All star or superstar difficulty. Most are pro and rookie difficulty so you can win with an all bronze squad
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 am

Blazers legends tomorrow...or should I say just Walton and Drexler tomorrow.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:49 am

Hmm I would have thought Porter would have been a good candidate for legends. Or better yet, how sick would it be to be able to play as Brandon Roy. Definitely one of the best blazers of all time
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:59 am

Roy would've been a cool addition, but he hasn't appeared in any recent basketball game if my memory serves me correct. At the very least, Roy could make it as a Master Challenge (if that's the case, I should get some Blazers players lol)
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 am

I'd love to have Drexler. Hopefully his dunk package is appropriate, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 am

Drexler's stats if anyone is interested. Very good card to have. Huge warning about Walton being a landmine pull. Even though it's just those two, Walton has a very high pull rate from what I've seen.

Clyde can dunk :wink:

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:35 am

shinron15 wrote:Blazers legends tomorrow...or should I say just Walton and Drexler tomorrow.

Random, but Looking at the the dude's twitter page who gives all those hints... he's got a picture of the old school Hornets court on it. Is he using a 2k screenshot? Lol
Or maybe an old NBA live screenshot
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:43 am

[Q] wrote:
shinron15 wrote:Blazers legends tomorrow...or should I say just Walton and Drexler tomorrow.

Random, but Looking at the the dude's twitter page who gives all those hints... he's got a picture of the old school Hornets court on it. Is he using a 2k screenshot? Lol
Or maybe an old NBA live screenshot

He's using a screenshot of retroman's Hornets court, so it's either 2K13 or 2K14.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:43 am

shinron15 wrote:Drexler's stats if anyone is interested. Very good card to have. Huge warning about Walton being a landmine pull. Even though it's just those two, Walton has a very high pull rate from what I've seen.

[ Image ]

Clyde can dunk :wink:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Drexlers defensive rating should be higher, but otherwise they showed him respect. Nice work EA.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 am

Drexler is fun as hell to use in LUT. He can hit the three, dunk over defenders, deadeye midrange shooter, and a great defender.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:56 am

shinron15 wrote:Drexler is fun as hell to use in LUT. He can hit the three, dunk over defenders, deadeye midrange shooter, and a great defender.

How does his shot look? Did they get it right?

Would be cool to see some Drexler highlights from Live 18.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:12 am

From what I've seen, it looks like he uses a standard jumpshot. Some of the legends do have their own jumpshots like Bird (which looks more accurate than 2K's, minus the fact that he leans backwards a bit too much), but iirc, Clyde uses a default jumper.

Btw, whenever you have the chance, you should give LUT another go. It's much more fun now that there's a larger amount of legends, current players who can now compete on the same level of legends, and fan favorites added in Master Challenges (Iverson, Magic, Mr.Clutch, etc.)
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:50 am

Yeah, I'd like to have that Drexler.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Got a limited Walton from the challenge. 98 defense, that explains why he was swatting everything in that 70's team challenge
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18