Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby [Q] on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:18 am

Ah yes the all star embiid card is a solid all around card. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I could sell yao for him once I get tired of yao
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 am

Good pulls on both, despite the issues with the mid-range ratings.

I at least wanted to have Hakeem on my team, so I'm happy with that. Ibaka has played well for me, but I'd like to replace him with a favourite, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Congratulations on your pulls, and nice team! It's a good thing you completed the All-Star challenges to get that head start, and already, you have an 89 overall lineup. Even though Yao and Hakeem don't have good midrange ratings, they make up for that with their defensive performances. If you want a better Power Forward, I suggest getting Cavs Kemp, or Suns Larry Nance, since both of them go for around 10k right now.

Current lineup after getting Embiid
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks! The All-Star Challenges were fun to play through, pretty happy with what I got (I also have Sabonis). As I said, my only complaint is that I would've liked to get a guard and a big, but getting Curry and Irving makes for a pretty potent backcourt to say the least.

That's one hell of a lineup you've got there, too. Definitely envious of Payton and Kemp!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:28 pm

That Ibaka card is a good all around card to have. I missed out on it after looking at it last week. Someone bought out right when I was going to get it.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:21 pm

It's served me well. He can score inside and out, and he's obviously good for some big blocks as well. No gripes with his performance, and Dwight Howard was actually working out pretty well for me too, I just want a favourite in there. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:00 am

New solo challenge reward.

Looks like the highlight of the night promo from 16 but they're calling it Big Moments.

Hopefully this card will be in packs at some point and isn't just a limited use player.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:27 am

That'd be a hell of a card to have permanently.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 am

Not sure if they'd do permanent versions of those cards. Big Moments seems to imply a single game or clutch performance so it's kind of temporary, like a snapshot of that moment. Also, it is a bit overpowered do they might not make permanent versions for balance purposes. This is the first card over 94 if my memory serves me right

So far Yao is blocking a ton of shots but then again I am getting rejected fairly regularly even on pro difficulty so that might be just up across the board. Also I am picking up more fouls on block attempts, even after I get a clean block which is frustrating.

I also had a disconnect from servers mid game again at like 3am so I don't know how I can prevent that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:07 am

On the contrary, if you complete the challenge, you either can receive a trial card, or an unlimited, non-actionable version of the card. I've seen someone get the actual card on Twitter, but it's random.

You don't have to earn a triple double to earn the card either, you just have to complete the game, especially since it's 3 minute quarters. I ALMOST got the 60 points along with the triple double from the challenge though (I should've got the full card for getting so close!)

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:16 am

So you have to hit 60 points to get the card? And LOL at hardens 82 defense
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:21 am

No, you can get it by just completing the challenge. You can either get the trial card, or if you're really lucky, a permanent, non-actionable version of that Harden.

And yeah, how come Maravich and Nash have pitiful defense, yet all versions of Harden are higher than them. Speaking of which, even though that Harden is a 96 Overall, I compared him to my Pierce card, and Pierce still has superior stats except for speed.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:09 am

Yeah I don't think that number is the true overall rating. It's an arbitrary value they put on the card regardless of stats. Some legends with whack ratings are 90-92
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 am

Another example is All-Star Cousins. Neither of his cards look anywhere close to be a 93 Overall in terms of visible attributes, but it's added as placebo just to increase the team overall.

I'm glad that you're guaranteed a Harden, even if the worst is a trial, but I don't see myself using it, especially since I already have Paul Pierce. I'm not going to discard it, since I personally see it like a collector's item that you don't want to open.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:45 am

Has anybody noticed a price spike in the AH for the past week or so? Now, I see cards going for more than they usually do, especially legends.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:08 am

It does seem that prices have shot up again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:11 am

I saw Sean Elliot go for 60k, Gervin for 30k, Rockets McGrady for 35k, World B. Free for 20k, All-Star Embiid for 130k (thank god I got him for 60k earlier), and All-Star Durant going in the 200k range.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:51 pm

dammit I should have gone for embiid! or at least saved some of these premium cards I was selling lol

Edit: I think it might be just the new influx of players form all of these recent sales who have no idea how the auction house works. I took a look and most prices seem pretty reasonable but there are a few that are outrageously high. Again, my theory is that the ones that are selling (especially buy it now) you are not seeing and the ones that you are, are the ones that are too high. I'm about to take this Embiid for 90k. Hopefully my Rodman will sell to make up for it. Either way, I'll still have enough for 1 legends pack this week if it doesn't sell.

btw, I got a 5 game harden after getting a double double with Shaq. Pts and Asts. only 1 rebound lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:26 am

Bulls Rodman or Pistons Rodman? I sold my Pistons Rodman for 27k, but his Bulls version could sell for about 50k or more.

I highly recommend you pick up an All-Star Embiid card, he's on another level. One game he got 6 blocks, 7 rebounds, went 6/7 from three point range, 10 assists, and 37 points. Imo, best Center in LUT, especially since he's a two-way player.

Getting the full version of Harden is confirmed random. I saw someone get the full version after scoring 60 points, and somebody else tried it, scoring 66 points, but that person got the trial.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:57 am

Bulls rodman. People aren't really selling him anymore. I found another auction that was too high at 150/200 so I raised my asking price but it's still lower than the other option. I'm selling 91k with 115 buy it now

I got the embiid card and surprisingly he hasn't hit a 3 for me but I only took a few contested ones. Don't think he'll start over shaq but he'll be a good backup C and good for 3 point death lineups.

I can play master Curry, master klay, Rice, Ladder kuzma (90 3pt rating!), and embiid

Master curry has been a killer at sg for me as his off the dribble rating is probably very high so I can hit fast break 3s, spot up 3s, step back 3s, fadeaway 3s, contested 3s it doesn't matter
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:10 am

:eh:
zzcoolj21

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:27 am

Yeah what makes me think those numbers are arbitrary are the Xmas and all star events where they have like 8-10 players all with the same number bit there's no way that cousins and LeBron or Redick and LeBron have the same actual overall rating
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:43 am

The good thing with the ToTW challenge this week is that you're guaranteed an Elite ToTW player...and of course, people are complaining about their overalls being too high, and how LUT "is smoking when creating these cards."
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:51 am

I'd rather have unrealistically good cards than use the same 10 players through the year
zzcoolj21

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:56 am

At least there's no 95 Overall Luis Scola unlike another game :roll:
RayRay_953

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18