Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Nothing wrong. Was just joking about him playing like a veteran while being older than he pretended to be.
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Marco20 wrote:Nothing wrong. Was just joking about him playing like a veteran while being older than he pretended to be.

Oh lol

I get it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 am

Just want to add I hope the bulls get a legit sized SF in the off season.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 am

Luka Dončić?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 am

One Luol Deng coming right up.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:14 am

Don't give GarPax ideas. :(
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 pm

air gordon wrote:Just want to add I hope the bulls get a legit sized SF in the off season.

Bulls should trade for that Jimmy Butler guy with the Wolves, heard he's good.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 am

hardy har har. while we're at it, how about that Markkanen-Jordan Bell combo for the next 10yrs

sorry, jack. Deng's all yours. check with Phil.. er Isiah Thomas.. er.. nevermind
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:56 am

Andrew wrote:Don't give GarPax ideas. :(

Yes, but what about Cavs 2018 1st (via Lakers) + Deng for cap space? Don't even know if they have that kind of space.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:29 am

Deng's contract runs another year or two, if I recall. I'll pass on any deal involving Deng.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:38 am

Andrew wrote:Deng's contract runs another year or two, if I recall. I'll pass on any deal involving Deng.

Pretty sure Deng is being paid $17.2 mil a year until 2020 (4 year deal signed in 2016). Not sure anybody is willing to take on his contract, even if they intended to buy him out right after.

I feel bad for Deng, because when he went to LA he was told he would be a part of the plans... clearly not. I guess this has been really hard on him (as a competitor). He's still kinda young and a former all star.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 am

Next off-season he will have 2 years left of contract. Could be worse.

What about Felicio for Deng + draft considerations?
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 am

Marco20 wrote:Next off-season he will have 2 years left of contract. Could be worse.

Depends on who's point of view.

For Deng, it's almost career ending. He's now wasted a couple years in his early thirties, by the time this contract ends (if he doesn't get out) he will be almost in his mid 30s. Maybe a contender would pick him up for the end of the bench, but his bigger minutes days will be over.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 am

Marco20 wrote:Next off-season he will have 2 years left of contract. Could be worse.

not counting Noah- i believe Deng has the worst contract in the NBA. i suppose you can put JR smith & thompson but those guys are actually playing albeit not playing well.

Lakers probably don't have to trade away both Clarkson and Nance to clear up space for 2 max players if Deng wasn't given that contract
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 am

Dee4Three wrote:I feel bad for Deng, because when he went to LA he was told he would be a part of the plans... clearly not. I guess this has been really hard on him (as a competitor). He's still kinda young and a former all star.

Lakers probably don't have to trade away both Clarkson and Nance to clear up space for 2 max players if Deng wasn't given that contract

Truth.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 am

Jackal wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I feel bad for Deng, because when he went to LA he was told he would be a part of the plans... clearly not. I guess this has been really hard on him (as a competitor). He's still kinda young and a former all star.

[ Image ]

Truth.

He actually brings up the money part, here.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-deng-plaschke-20180210-story.html

I agree that it's hard to feel bad for the guy because he is rolling In the dough while doing, well... nothing. He's staying in shape, that's basically it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 am

There's still no benefit to bringing Deng in, so no.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:17 am

air gordon wrote:

not counting Noah- i believe Deng has the worst contract in the NBA. i suppose you can put JR smith & thompson but those guys are actually playing albeit not playing well.

Chandler Parsons!

But Dieng probably has the worst contract right now based on the sort of usage Thibodeau is giving him. Patty Mills's contract is also pretty bad.
Jackie Kong

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:02 pm

In fact, this week, Deng was literally and cheaply turned into a punchline, when Magic Johnson made national headlines at a news conference by actually mocking the idea that any team would want him.

When asked whether they had discussions with anyone about trading Deng, Johnson laughed and said, "We wish, huh? No, that didn't happen. Thanks, though. You want to make a move for us?'"

Standing next to Johnson was general manager Rob Pelinka, who, to his credit, clearly was uncomfortable with the flippant response and jumped to Deng's defense.

"I's important to add this, I mean, Luol has been an unbelievable professional and has stayed very positive," Pelinka said. "He understands the situation, and at some point, we'll figure out a way to resolve that — that's a win for him and us.

Deng surely was stung by Johnson's words. But he won't fire back. He never fires back. He is one of the NBA's great community leaders who is known for many charitable works in his home country of South Sudan, and he has perspective. He's seen and heard much worse than someone ridiculing a basketball player.

Magic is a dick, hopes he gets HIV as punishment from god.
Last edited by shadowgrin on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Yikes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:35 am

If God was real, I doubt he would allow Magic into heaven, only to give him HIV... followed by allowing him to enjoy all the fruits of Heaven.

If I were you, I probably would have said that you hope he goes to hell, and the Devil gives him HIV. However, going by the bible.. the Devil has killed far less people than God, so maybe god truly is the man/woman/thing you wouldn't want to mess with after death.

But in reality, the thought of being vaulted into the sky only to see all the other dead people who were good enough to make it, or to be bludgeoned into a fiery abyss and be tortured for your whole afterlife, is quite silly.

Either way, Magics comments about HIV don't make me wish HIV upon him, he's already had that. While I don't like Magics words sometimes, it would take a lot more than that to wish HIV on him.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Marco20 wrote:Chandler Parsons!

But Dieng probably has the worst contract right now based on the sort of usage Thibodeau is giving him. Patty Mills's contract is also pretty bad.

Parsons is up there I agree. Dieng not so much. He still puts up good numbers when he's actually getting the time. To be fair Taj is playing well too
Jump.
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Watched that Shaq-Kobe special.

We all know the trade that almost sent him to the Bulls in 2007 but Kobe mentioned another earlier instance of him going to the Bulls in 2004.

I'm guessing it might have involved Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler (doubt it would be Eddy Curry since Shaq would still be with the Lakers), 3rd pick in the draft (which became Ben Gordon), and some fillers to match salaries, maybe even Hinrich or the rookie Duhon since the Lakers needed a PG then.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jackie Kong on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 pm

air gordon wrote:Dieng not so much. He still puts up good numbers when he's actually getting the time. To be fair Taj is playing well too

But Dieng's contract is huge specially if you consider big men are having a hard time getting paid lately. 4 years / $64M.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:05 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Watched that Shaq-Kobe special.

We all know the trade that almost sent him to the Bulls in 2007 but Kobe mentioned another earlier instance of him going to the Bulls in 2004.

I'm guessing it might have involved Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler (doubt it would be Eddy Curry since Shaq would still be with the Lakers), 3rd pick in the draft (which became Ben Gordon), and some fillers to match salaries, maybe even Hinrich or the rookie Duhon since the Lakers needed a PG then.

If only.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball