Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:32 pm

I think I'm going to stop focusing on my team overall and start focusing on finding fun cards to use. If I keep trying to get the best cards I'll just be playing the game once a week when content drops. Maybe start doing some all time teams.

Here's the 2018 all star team
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm

So on my fifth try today I beat it. First two times the game signed me out of EA so the game quit. I eventually bought the cheapest Durant card I could find to help. My god Walton blocks everything inside. I beat the 80s team fairly easily but holy shit the 90s team sent my ass back in a body bag. They have 3 of the best card in LUT and two of them come off the bench.

I do like how they have retro shoes for that specific time period
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Picked up Kyrie Irving in the Team LeBron series, transformed him into a Point Shooter. Just got to get through Team Stephen before they're gone.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Today's the last day to earn Transformable cards, so hopefully you don't miss it! Kyrie as a Point Shooter isn't a bad card at all. On top of a solid 3 point game, he's got a decent finishing rating.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:04 pm

So on my second try against the 90s team, I went back to my tried and true strategy of pick and roll then hitting the open 3 pointer after the defensive rotation. I also used the limited time Magic Shaq card and my god he is a beast. I might look to pick him up from the AH. beat the 90s team then easily the 00s team. I noticed a classic Vince, Dirk, and Carmelo on the team so they might be the next set of throwback masters. In anticipation I am already picking up some raptors players for cheap. After getting master Klay (who is basically who I have been looking for. 90+ 3s and 80+ defense), I took a look at my team after all of the all star pickups, I decided to put my all star Durant card and my Xmas Redick card (which I don't use anymore) up for auction. It sucks I could've gotten more for my Redick card before but I'll have to settle for whatever I can get for it now that all these good cards have flooded the market.

Playing against the 80s team was tough as both teams were wearing Lakers gold jerseys lol
Using the all star jerseys for away but seeing this hurt my soul
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Ouch. It's like the All-Time Thunder squad in NBA 2K18, which doesn't have any Sonics throwback jerseys to choose from.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:57 pm

All-Star Fantasy Challenges are complete! I ended up getting Curry himself from the Team Stephen challenges, and chose to transform him into a 93 Overall Point Shooter. It's a fine card, and he forms a rather deadly backcourt duo with 93 Point Shooter Kyrie Irving, but I was hoping I'd get one of the bigs from Team Stephen. Ibaka and Howard get the job done, but I could obviously stand to be more stacked at power forward and centre.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 am

Won a Pierce card going for auction earlier today. This was the cheapest one, and somehow, nobody else bid on it.

I couldn't find Glen Rice, so I ended up getting Jamal Mashburn for 27k. Not the fastest shooter, or greatest defender, but I've got a defensive team, so there shouldn't be too much to worry about. On top of that, I sniped a Slasher DeRozan for 23k.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am

I need to start building up my coins again. I splashed out on the black All-Star jersey and the All-Star Staples Center arena.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 am

I sold my AS away uniform and got about 10k from doing so. I think with that much, you can find a cheap Cavs Kemp card, or a Larry Nance card.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:18 pm

I got a deal on the all star jerseys. I got one for 2400 and another for 1200 and I flipped one for about 10k. I got the arena for cheap too I think it was less than 5000.
Hopefully my Durant & Redick cards sell so I can get the Orlando Shaq
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 pm

I got the white jersey through one of the Challenges, so that saved me some coin.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm

shinron15 wrote:[ Image ]

Won a Pierce card going for auction earlier today. This was the cheapest one, and somehow, nobody else bid on it.

[ Image ]

I couldn't find Glen Rice, so I ended up getting Jamal Mashburn for 27k. Not the fastest shooter, or greatest defender, but I've got a defensive team, so there shouldn't be too much to worry about. On top of that, I sniped a Slasher DeRozan for 23k.

I have a Rice that I might be willing to sell. I want to get him in my lineup but he's not cracking the top 12 so I'm trying to find a reason to take someone out.

I saw a Pierce card going for 95k and I was interested in flipping it but I spent 130k to get the Shaq card. It started at 80 and got bid up to 100 and I felt that was the only guarantee of me getting it plus that's about how much he is going for anyways

Has anyone completely cleared out the training camp challenges? Did they give you a reward? I have one left to finish and I'll do it for an extra reward
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 am

You don't get anything special from completing all the training challenges iirc. It's just the rewards from each individual challenges.

Good to hear that you have a Rice willing to be sold. Trying to earn some coins by selling some cards I don't need anymore so I can eventually get him. I wanted Bird, but when I've seen people point out that they usually release two versions of him, I might hold off on him to see if that's true.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:14 am

What do you guys think about making a mode like Ultimate Team two players? As in, make it so people can be on the same team completing challenges together?

I would be interested in that, my brother and I would probably sink our teeth into a feature like that.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:34 am

Considering there is only one team, it would have to be like Fifa where there is a main account with a guest that can join and play on the same team.

Would be cool to have online OTP like they did in Live 10 but allow multiple players on the same console
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 am

Dee4Three wrote:What do you guys think about making a mode like Ultimate Team two players? As in, make it so people can be on the same team completing challenges together?

I would be interested in that, my brother and I would probably sink our teeth into a feature like that.

NHL 18's ultimate team has a feature like that. You can play all of the solo challenges with people online or local co-op.

This new Team of the Week LaVine looks like a great budget card. Picked it up for 4k.
zzcoolj21

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:13 am

That's kind of what I was getting at, I'd be interested in the local co-op part.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 am

Co-op play would be a fun idea, local and online.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 am

All of the award winner's cards got upgraded
zzcoolj21

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:22 am

Wow, it's a good thing you took the time to collect all of those cards lol
So I'm guessing both LeBron cards got a bump? I have the scorer not playmaker like you.
I had also picked up a Mitchell card for shiggles and I am happy that I did now.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 am

I've got Devin Booker, so that's good news. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am

Both versions of LeBron got the upgrade. From what I've seen, the only thing drastically changed is that he now a 99 in dribbling.

Btw, Rockets legends tomorrow. Confirmed players are Robert Horry, Hakeem Olajuwon, Tracy McGrady, and Yao Ming.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 am

I'd love to have Olajuwon. An upgrade over Dwight Howard, to say the least.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:57 am

I'm interested to see Hakeem as he will probably be a 94 with no ratings under 80 except 3s. 90+ def and post. Might go for yao for nostalgia. Not sure how different tmac will be from the magic version. Probably will be pretty similar.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18