Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:37 am

I have mixed feelings on the Sixers legends. Some of them look good, but others are either disappointments, or are glorified versions of other cards. imo, Dawkins looks to be the most impressive of the legends, with having stats close to Orlando Shaq, and going for much cheaper. Dr.J (whom I managed to pull), seems like a glorified version of George Gervin, but with a higher overall, so I'll probably put him on auction, and that 96 OVR Iverson almost looks the same as his Master card in terms of stats.
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 am

Gonna rock out with Point-Giannis for a little while. Those stats on someone basically 7 feet tall is giving me 2k15 demigod glitch flashbacks.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 am

Even having Giannis at PF feels like cheese. How is someone with attributes like that rated a 93, yet AI is rated a 96? Except for popping threes, Giannis can do EVERYTHING; he can posterize, block shots, rebound, speed past bigs, post up, and he's a midrange deadeye.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:15 am

Probably just the way overalls are calculated. Probably just as problematic for LUT cards as they can be in the regular rosters.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:54 am

The overall ratings are inconsistent at times, even though there's hidden attributes. The other problem is the coaching logic relying on the overalls seen on the substitutions screen, especially if a card is rated in the 90's, only to find out he's rated in the high 70's to mid 80's in the substitution screen; the coach goes by those ratings instead of the card ratings when auto subbing in players.

The best example I can find with this is Rip Hamilton. His card is a 92 overall, yet on the substitutions screen, it displays...a 67 overall. So if you don't have Rip in your starting 5, expect him to get garbage minutes like a benchwarmer. I know the ratings in LUT work differently, but since the coach goes by the other ratings, the auto substitutions are occasionally poorly handled, and could bring in the wrong player at the wrong time.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 am

Wow, that is quite a discrepancy!

2K actually has a good idea with their Intangibles rating, which can be used to boost and lower overall ratings without messing up the individual attributes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby matmat66 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:40 pm

For those who have the chance to compare, how does the 96 rated Iverson compare to the 90 rated one? Thank you.
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Hey guys I need a pro tip for an auction ending in 20 mins. What's your strategy for winning close auctions? I usually bid with 20 secs left but a lot of times the game doesn't refresh so I don't know that I've actually been outbid until after its over
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 pm

matmat66 wrote:For those who have the chance to compare, how does the 96 rated Iverson compare to the 90 rated one? Thank you.

From what I've seen. the 96 OVR Iverson just looks to be used to boost your team's overall rating. The two have identical stats, with the 96 OVR having some better stats, but that's not much, especially since the Master cards will be upgraded later on.

[Q] wrote:Hey guys I need a pro tip for an auction ending in 20 mins. What's your strategy for winning close auctions? I usually bid with 20 secs left but a lot of times the game doesn't refresh so I don't know that I've actually been outbid until after its over

Winning auctions is hit or miss for me. I usually place my bid when there's one second left, but as you said, the game has a tendency not to refresh the bid to show if I'm losing until the auction is over. You just have to hope that nobody is bidding for the player after you place yours in.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Got started on the All-Star Weekend challenges. First two games of the Team LeBron series, got two Oladipo cards.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:06 am

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:14 am

The oladipo card is pretty solid. I might wind up keeping it.

I have been spending most of my time in the auctions looking for deals and flipping them for a profit. I've been working the cards needed for the master series but the prices on the team players are coming down so it's not worth it. Still managed to flip a ladder card for a profit.

Got two black all star jerseys for cheap and flipped one for 8k in profit

Saw a Wilkins card for 40k and wound up winning it at 50k but unfortunately the price on him has come down a lot. Not sure if I can flip it for a profit, but I'd like to get my money back at least. Also put a bid in for a 93 all star LeBron for 80k. I was about to buy one for 90k buy it now but someone took it right when I was going to
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:15 am

shinron15 wrote:[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Lol wtf how are you finding these? This and that Shaq one
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:33 am

I just went in the AH and found the Big O going for 10k and purchased him in a heartbeat lol
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 am

Man you are getting pretty lucky. I was hoping to get that extra Wilkins for a bit cheaper but it's tough when you have to play the auction game. Buy it now makes it so much easier
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:11 am

Getting George Gervin for 10K is the luckiest I've been so far.

I didn't have any luck flipping my spare Oladipo card. Trying again at a slightly lower price point.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 am

Gervin goes for pretty cheap now, especially since Erving was released.

With that being said, I'm looking for another player to play the 3. I currently have 62k on me right now, and I don't know which player I should go for. I could go for Rice, but I sold my Person card, so I don't know if he would be worth it, or I could try to get to about 100k for Paul Pierce, since he seems like a good all-around player.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 am

That was about a week or so ago that I got Gervin. He's pretty fun to play with with his finishing rating.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am

Oh Man I saw Pierces card in the auction house and was very impressed with the stats. No real holes in his game. But I can't do it since he's on Boston

I think I might eventually sell my Durant all star card if I get the LeBron one and maybe even sell pippen if he keeps laying the ball up
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:30 am

As much as I have respect for Pip as a player, I might consider selling him too. It should be fine since he goes for much cheaper than he originally went for. While he can dunk, it's not comparable to someone like LeBron, Giannis, Nique, or even the Big O for that matter.
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Hope we get some good content for the events and MVPs. Dunk Contest LaVine is one of my favorite players to use in any basketball video game. Especially given how overpowered dunking used to be.

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:09 pm

I just can't even with this 70s team right now. Kept getting my ass kicked and this comeback bullshit is too much at the end. Up 7 comfortably and all of a sudden pistol Pete can't miss from 3. Well, he hits all of them during the game too but he magically winds up open for them at the end. I missed a free throw with curry and stupid CPU wants to inbound to pippen so I bring Curry up and my guy throws the ball out of bounds on the inbound play.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Frustrating.

Finally managed to get a Head to Head game, in order to check that off the GM List. Playing online in Australia is virtually impossible, though. Surprisingly, compared to 2K, it's extremely choppy and laggy, Jumpshots are impossible. Ah well. At least I managed to put up a fight and get the item checked off.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:05 am

[Q] wrote:I just can't even with this 70s team right now. Kept getting my ass kicked and this comeback bullshit is too much at the end. Up 7 comfortably and all of a sudden pistol Pete can't miss from 3. Well, he hits all of them during the game too but he magically winds up open for them at the end. I missed a free throw with curry and stupid CPU wants to inbound to pippen so I bring Curry up and my guy throws the ball out of bounds on the inbound play.

Did you mess with the defensive settings in the coaching screen? I usually have it to where I have tight coverage, and crash boards. Do you run defensive plays as well? You could try running a Full Court Press towards the end of the game, and if you have good defenders, they can cause turnovers.

From what I've seen, Maravich and Walton are the biggest threats on that team. Walton's lanky body helps him cover the inside well, and shut down your drives, so don't rely too much on slashing, and you'll want to put a good defender on Pistol, so try to play around with the defensive matchups to help you there.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:46 am

Yes I am setting coaching settings and staying tight on the 3-point shooters. Walton isn't much of a threat for me. it's Maravich who has been hitting like five threes a game and dr. J on his driving and dunking
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18