Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:07 am

You're lucky. My first pull was Dee Brown, and I'm worried about my second pull, since my luck has been pretty bad recently (two Sean Elliots in a row).
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:21 am

Who are the legends for this week
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 am

Robert Parish, Dee Brown, Kevin Garnett (duplicate), Paul Pierce, and Larry Bird
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am

I can't be mad at pulling Dee Brown now. Just remembered I needed one more Slasher, and I'm glad he was there for me.

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:27 am

Given the team featured this week, I'll probably pass lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 am

Damn. That Bird would be a fun addition to my lineup alongside Pippen.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:26 pm

matmat66 wrote:Another question bro. Do you have Larry Johnson in your team? If you have, can you also make a comparison with the other power forwards like Kemp, KG, Horace Grant. I am thinking of getting him in auction. Thanks again bro.

Sorry about the late response. I don't have Larry Johnson, but going from what I've seen from him, and people reviewing him, here's what I put together:

Johnson vs Kemp: Both versions of Kemp are better than Johnson in nearly every aspect; speed, defense, and finishing. Since you have Sonics Kemp, and would like another 4 to throw down sick dunks with, then Johnson is a decent pickup, however, if you prioritize defense, I'd recommend some of the other suggestions below.

Johnson vs Garnett: This is interesting, since Grandmama is faster than both Celtics and Timberwolves Garnett. Celtics Garnett has a better post game than both Johnson and Wolves Garnett. Wolves Garnett has a superior midrange game compared to both players, as well as a better defensive game, however, Celtics Garnett along with Larry Johnson (at least from what I've seen) do not hang around the perimiter like a Stretch Big (this also appears to be a problem with guys like Bulls Rodman, and Orlando Shaq) unlike Wolves Garnett. All three players can dunk over the defenders, and snag the boards, so it's a close contest.

Johnson vs Grant: Grant is kind like Shawn Kemp, but he's slower, and some of his stats could be better. While he is cheaper than Grandmama, Johnson is the better option compared to Grant, as he's slightly faster, and can perform easier dunks.

Johnson vs Rodman: Both versions of Dennis Rodman are very close to Sonics Kemp in terms of stats, along with his Bulls counterpart having an 80 in dribbling, so he's good in driving (something not realistic, I will admit). This is where I'd give the advantage to Rodman, since he can also throw down all over the defense.

I'd say go for Johnson if you can find him for cheap (around the low to mid 20k range), but if you can find a Celtics Garnett or any version of Rodman for cheap, I'd recommend either of those two instead. I know I found Celtics Garnett going fr around 9k today, as well as Pistons Rodman going for 11k.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks for the comprehensive review brother! I'm just a fan of the Hornets era Larry Johnson so I'm interested in picking him up for a reasonable price. I might auction my Horace Grant and pick up LJ so my forward lineup will be Kemp, KG and LJ. Let's see if there's a reasonably priced LJ this weekend.

Glad to see you get Allen Iverson. How does he play? Thanks again for the inputs bro.
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Iverson is one of my favorite guards in Ultimate Team right now. Even though other legends have a 99 in dribbling, he has his own unique dribbling package, which makes it easy to cause anklebreakers, even on Superstar difficulty. On top of that, his 96 speed makes him at least the top 3 fastest players in the game, as well as the ability to perform Rimgrazer dunks on Fast break transitions. He is definitely worth it once you complete his Master Challenge (along with Pistol Pete).

If you need insights on anything, feel free to let me know so I can offer some more suggestions (y)
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks again for the info bro, really appreciate the help! I still have a long way to go to get the Legend Master cards. I only have 2 team heroes so far :D
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 am

Hey guys, I'm trying to sell some old legends I don't need anymore, but I can't seem to get them sold. I offered 12k for Cavs Kemp for about a week, and nobody's picked him up, even though he goes for around 20k. Should I do the method where I put him up for 24 hours bid only, starting at 100, or would that be too risky?
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am

My rule is that generally what you see in the AH is too high which is why you still see it and why it hasn't been bought yet. After an unsuccessful week, I'd say your asking price is too high. I would try 8-10K. Have you been offering buy it now?

Man, prices on legends have anyone way down. Keep in mind supply (seems to be a good number of cavs kemps) and people doing what you're doing (getting better legends and selling off old ones)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 am

Yeah, I usually had 12k for the buy now price, and about 5k-6k for the bidding, and about 6 hours. I might take your advice and lower him to 10k.

Also, I'm going for the Master Westbrook challenge since I have enough Thunder players, and I still have my Hero Westbrook card. Do you have an idea for how much his Hero card goes for so I can sell that one after I finish it?
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:01 am

I normally set my auctions for 1 day as it gives it more time for someone to find it and buy it. Almost everything I've sold has gone buy it now so having it up and getting exposure is important

Don't you need the hero cards for challenges? I wouldn't sell it unless I was sure I didn't need it. They might have new challenges requiring those cards.
I was kicking myself for selling all of my thunder and warriors Xmas cards
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 am

Hero Westbrook is not part of any Master Challenge requirements from what I've seen; they require the East (Giannis) and West (Anthony Davis) Heroes, but Westbrook is the NBA Hero, which is classified differently (as well as the only Hero card that can be put on auction). Even if there's required OKC players for future Master challenges, Master Westbrook should technically count, since Master Curry can be used in the Master Thompson challenge.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:01 am

Tried to close out the master Westbrook series against the 2012 Heat and man it was a tough one. I couldn't pull away and missed an opportunity to take the lead with kuzma but he redeemed himself with a 3 with 2 seconds left. They called timeout and Bosh hit a 3 for the win lol
Even though I lost, it was still really fun. Computer is smart enough to make adjustments as they started Justin Hamilton in the 2nd half to counter my Kanter. Tried again and wrecked them.

Will go for Master Klay next. Was going to give it a shot but I saw the decade lineups and I'm afraid I might get killed so I bought a ladder Jordan Bell that allows me to add a player to my lineup since he doubles as a ladder and warriors player. Added Kemp to my lineup to battle Wilt and Russell

Directional passing becomes a huge disadvantage on superstar difficulty as some normal passes get picked off and that's not talking about them deciding you want a cross court pass that's guaranteed to be a turnover.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Getting used to Superstar isn't as bad as I anticipated, except for the constant turnovers as you mentioned. I usually try to cancel it out by various gimmicks that I like. For example, I have a tendency to put someone like Giannis at the 1, which creates a ton of mismatches, as well as most Point Guards being poor at boxing out, so Giannis can out rebound them. Another thing I like to do is get a player on a hot streak, then when he is being doubled, I kick it out to someone who can drop threes to punish the defense.

I'm curious on seeing the roster of the legends, since I couldn't find any information on them, other than they were rated high, but I'm curious to see what the decade teams have to offer.
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 am

Every all star starter got a 93 overall card that you can pick between 2 playstyles.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 am

Liking the look of the All-Star content. Will have to get stuck into it this week.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am

zzcoolj21 wrote:Every all star starter got a 93 overall card that you can pick between 2 playstyles.
[ Image ]

How do you get those cards? Free from challenges or you have to buy em like legends packs

I tried playing against the 70s team and unfortunately they don't trap the pick and roll so I couldn't exploit that with my 3 point shooting team. Managed to claw my way back from an 11 point deficit but pistol Pete hit a bunch of threes at the end and caught fire and put it out of reach. Dr. J is unstoppable on drives.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 am

[Q] wrote:How do you get those cards? Free from challenges or you have to buy em like legends packs

A bit of both.

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 am

What's important to point out is that the 90 Overall starter is only good for one game, like the Gauntlet players in the Xmas event.

btw Q, your idea worked beautifully for me. I was able to get Cavs Kemp auctioned, so I had enough to purchase his Sonics counterpart for 48k, as well as Chuck Person for 44k.

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 am

OK so it sounds a lot like the Xmas event. I might have to get that curry even though I already have a master Curry because this one is way better. Curious to see the LeBron and giannis cards
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:20 am

The card you get random, but it's one of the ten starter players in the AS game. I haven't seen Giannis, but I've seen both of James' cards, but imo, they both look similar to Nique in terms of stats. You also get boosted versions of non All-Star players after defeating each of the competition teams; I got an 85 OVR Kyle Kuzma card, and an 85 OVR Dennis Smith Jr card (He's got a 99 in speed :crazyeyes:)
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 am

Oh man I want that kuzma card! Lol
I have already had all of the different versions of his leading up to the 87 ladder card. Don't know if it would top that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18