The most selfish people on NBA Live

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

The most selfish people on NBA Live

Postby Beavis_5000 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:57 am

The people who get mad just because they don't feel like they touch the ball enough, don't score enough or seem to get mad just because someone else on their team is scoring too much.

I understand getting upset with those players who dribble everywhere and/or force
up bad shots all game but I am talking about something else.

I am talking about people who will have 1 or 2 teammates that are tearing up and winning the game but still get mad because they don't get the ball enough or because they aren't the ones scoring.

These are the most selfish people in the game imo. Even more selfish than the ball stopper who throws up bad shots all game.

It's like they just can't stand not being one of the main contributors even if their teammates are tearing up.

Anyone else run into this in Live Run?
Beavis_5000

Re: The most selfish people on NBA Live

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:49 am

In a way, you could say that they are. They obviously care more about stats than winning. They probably aren't as costly to their team as the players who are putting up bad shots with three defenders draped all over them, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:31 pm

I'm usually one of those guys who don't care, because I know how to get my teammate grade up regardless. But sometimes, I get mad when scrubs who Don't know how to play shoot 1/6 and we lose because of it. Before a game winning basket I pray that I inbound the ball so I can pass it to a reliable scorer, cause during that time, the dumbest shots get taken.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Beavis_5000 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:06 am

Honestly I could even care less how much someone dribbles and etc so long as they end up scoring or just don't throw up horrible shots. I would much prefer playing with people that can score rather than having to score myself. I like the games when I have 0-6 points and 4-8 assists. Furthermore, I would rather play with a couple of dudes who are tearing up and obviously know how to play, even if I hardly touch the ball.

Gotta love it when someone calls me a kid and tells me to learn how to play. I'm not gonna sit here and try to say how good I am at basketball in real life or in this game but one of my main strengths in real life and in this game is I keep the ball moving and I know where to move it to. And as far as Live, Icon Passing is one of my number one strengths. I average probably 4 assists per game and I don't hang on to the ball to try to make a play to get them. I get the ball and hit the open man.

I'm not saying there are never times when I dunk it 3-4 times in a row but they are easy dunks. It's a rare occurrence though. If I score my next move is to hit another teammate quick to catch to defense off guard.

Sorry for the rant lol.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:15 am

For sure. If I'm playing with people who are good on the sticks and are racking up the points, I'm content to let them do the scoring and just do what's needed of me. It's when you get stuck with people who hog the ball and take bad shots, costing you games, that it gets frustrating.

I'd still say those people are the worst teammates to have, because they'll actively cost you victories. People who are just grumbling about touches may have a bad attitude and in their own way may be the most selfish, but they're likely having less impact on the outcome.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:28 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:I'm usually one of those guys who don't care, because I know how to get my teammate grade up regardless. But sometimes, I get mad when scrubs who Don't know how to play shoot 1/6 and we lose because of it. Before a game winning basket I pray that I inbound the ball so I can pass it to a reliable scorer, cause during that time, the dumbest shots get taken.

Lol I always freeze out the bad players, even if they're open
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Beavis_5000 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:31 am

Yeah I agree. For the most part the people who take bad shots and etc are more costly as far as winning. Unless you get one of those dudes who will start getting 3 second violations over and over just because they are salty.

But if you are stuck with a bad player who ball hogs and takes bad shots all game they will destroy your chances to win.

I just wanted to rant because I received some hate mail telling me to "Fk off, learn how to play kid". I'm in my 30's and have 25 years of basketball experience. I still play avidly to this day.
Beavis_5000

Postby Beavis_5000 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 am

[Q] wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:I'm usually one of those guys who don't care, because I know how to get my teammate grade up regardless. But sometimes, I get mad when scrubs who Don't know how to play shoot 1/6 and we lose because of it. Before a game winning basket I pray that I inbound the ball so I can pass it to a reliable scorer, cause during that time, the dumbest shots get taken.

Lol I always freeze out the bad players, even if they're open

This is the way to go. Just freeze them out.

Whats crazy is when your teammate doesn't recognize whats going on and keeps passing the ball to hog the ball. I don't know how many times I think to myself "Why did he just pass him the ball again" lol.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:26 am

Good point about pouting teammates sabotaging the game with three second violations and the like. It's times like that you need the ability to report players, or kick them if you're the host. I guess options like that could potentially be abused, but I think the benefits would outweigh the risk.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:29 am

Andrew wrote:Good point about pouting teammates sabotaging the game with three second violations and the like. It's times like that you need the ability to report players, or kick them if you're the host. I guess options like that could potentially be abused, but I think the benefits would outweigh the risk.

lol...the three second users really annoy me
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 am

Sometimes it's ignorance, or the result of someone messing around too long or not putting up a shot when they should, but no doubt there are some people pouting about their touches and trying to sabotage games.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:26 pm

I've had my share or of this in 2k pro Am as a walk on.

The ignorance of most of the other players online is ridiculous making it not worth playing. Only way I'd every do it again is if your on a squad of people you know who play the right way.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:19 pm

The NLSC squad has a pass-first point guard. Just saying. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:53 pm

The most dumb thing about people who try to get their stats in Live Pro-Am is that stats aren't tracked. I'd understand if you're trying to pad your stats after your teammates have had some success, but aside from your teammate grade, there's no real incentive to do it in Live.

I remember a case in 2K16 Walk-on where the point guard was having a good assist game, but wasn't shooting very well. So towards the end of the game, he tried running a few ISOs for himself to get his points. It was pretty pathetic.

All that mattered to me when playing Live 18 online was the W, because of the gear and the "No I in Team" trophy.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Good point. As much as I've enjoyed the stat tracking in 2K Pro-Am, it can be a distraction. The career modes often condition you to go after big numbers and be a star, and so everyone enters the online co-op modes with a Player 1 mentality. It becomes about trying to take over the game and put up stats, rather than win.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 18