Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 am

Rodman isn't a bad pull at all.

Team update probably until All-Star content

I've been trying to pick that Rose up for weeks. We haven't gotten any throwback players so it might be the closest thing we see to a prime Rose this year. Hopefully we get some modern throwbacks at some point.

[Q] wrote:Seeing how cheap the tmacs were last week I might check out the AH for Pippen as well

Cheapest I've seen on the market so far is 390k :shock: T-Mac's price was already down a lot by this time last week. I think Pippen being the highest overall card in the game is bumping his price up a lot.
Last edited by zzcoolj21 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 am

Rodman is impressive with an 80 dribbling for a big. On top of that, I can run a small ball lineup with Kemp and Rodman as the bigmen.

Scottie is a priority, but the Small Forward I really want is Larry Bird.

zzcoolj21 wrote:Cheapest I've seen on the market so far is 390k :shock: T-Mac's price was already down a lot by this time last week. I think Pippen being the highest overall card in the game is bumping his price up a lot.

I didn't see McGrady drop to the minimum of 70k until Saturday, and even with Pippen being a 95, Orlando Shaq was a minimum of 400k-600k when he first came out, but apparently, that's how all the newest legends with the best ratings are when they first come out. Pippen will most likely be around 200k-230k at his cheapest in about a week, since even guys like Magic Shaq, and Oscar Robertson (who are both a 94 overall) now go for about 140-180k on average. I still see players like Glen Rice and Chuck Person basically going for the highest since those two are part of the infamous "Three Point Death Lineup"
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 am

What is this 3 point death lineup? Sounds interesting lol
I got a bunch of 80 somethings in my starting lineup with master curry or Xmas redick at over 90

I was seeing tmac for 50-70k last week when I was trying to sell. I started it at 43 and someone took the buy it now at 49. I figured I'd sell low to get the sale instead of waiting for someone willing to pay a premium

I love playing my sonics Kemp at center. With his speed him and nique are alley oop threats on fast breaks, especially if nique gets the steal. Feels like I'm playing NBA jam
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:08 am

To sum it up, the Three Point Death Lineup was a nickname given by the competitive LUT community. The lineup consists of Master Curry at the 1, Glen Rice at the 3, and Chuck Person at the 4. The team is considered cheap because of Person and Rice are excellent at mid range shooting, Person can space better than most Power Forwards if he's put there, Rice and Curry are both fast players, so if a good screen is set, they both can react fast enough for a three, Rice and Person also have defense ratings in the 80's, so that means if the player is good enough, they can steal the ball for a nearly guaranteed transition three pointer, and Curry requires a player with a beefy defense stat to guard him with his speed and excellent dribbling. On top of that, if the opponent chooses to double team one of the players, the other two have a tendency to be left wide open, basically resulting in a guaranteed three pointer.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 am

Add Ray Allen at the 2 and shaq at center and you got yourself a team lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Success in the second pack!

Current best lineup with the short term cards at my disposal:

Current best lineup with permanent cards:

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Congratulations on pulling Pippen! An important thing to keep in mind with the legend packs is that they disappear after every Sunday, so be sure to save up on coins as soon as possible so you don't miss out an any more legends. That Shaq is a beast on defense by the way; for me, he averages 9 blocks per game, so save him for the Division Hero games if necessary (those get bumped up to All-Star difficulty)

I keep hearing from people that Pippen either can't dunk, or can rarely do so, so can anyone confirm this for me? I know this was an issue with Garnett about a month ago.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:22 pm

I ended up buying some NBA Points to get the Legend packs, just so that I didn't miss out on them this time. I had some left over, so that's how I boosted my team with some 2-for-1 All-Pro packs. Pippen's the player I wanted the most, so I'm content to grind for coins for future packs.

Just played a game, and now that you mention it, it does seem like there might be an issue with Pippen being unable to dunk. He laid it up on every drive for me, at any rate.

Getting close to completing both GM Task Lists. Haven't had any luck getting a head to head game, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:42 pm

I hope they fix that issue for Pippen soon. I remember since Garnett couldn't dunk, he got shut down by players like Embiid, the Lopez brothers, Porzingis, and Drummond on the higher difficulties. Just because a finish rating is higher, it doesn't mean that it will benefit like some others. The best example I can find is Master Iverson's finish rating, vs John Starks' finish rating. Iverson has a 90 finish rating, whereas Starks only has about a 76 or so, but since Starks can actually dunk, he won't get rejected 50/50 on higher difficulties (he can still get rejected from dunking, but it's not as frequent.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:42 pm

My guess is that "Finishing" combines layups and dunks so you can have a high finish rating but be good at only one or the other. I'm jealous you got Pippen AND Lillard in the same pack. I've been wanting to get Lillard for a while now.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Yeah, definitely hope it's fixed.

Meanwhile, got a short term Horace Grant by finishing the Bulls Legends challenge.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 pm

My first pull was Horace Grant, along with a Draymond Green card, which is good, considering that I need Warriors players for Master Curry.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 pm

I'm quite a way off tackling any of those! I'm holding onto all the player cards (except doubles) for now, but I've started accumulating jerseys, courts, and logos to try to sell.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 pm

I wound up selling most of the cards I had so it sucks I have to rebuy the okc and wizards players I had once before.

I'm trying to find them super cheap so I can save for these legend packs. Unfortunately people are selling the worst cards for like 5000 because they know people are collecting them.

I got rodman on my first try and then I got Grant from the challenge.
I'm probably 10k short of another pack, so I have to play some heroes challenges or hope my cards sell to get coins
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:06 pm

[Q] wrote:Unfortunately people are selling the worst cards for like 5000 because they know people are collecting them.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:50 am

I know I'm not selling Rodman. Dude's a beast on the defensive end, and can surprisingly steal the ball pretty well.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 am

He's not bad at bringing the ball up the court and taking it to the basket, either. Not exactly sim, though!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:36 am

Andrew wrote:
[Q] wrote:Unfortunately people are selling the worst cards for like 5000 because they know people are collecting them.

[ Image ]

If you have any garbage thunder or warriors players you might be able to squeeze 2 grand out of each
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:24 am

I'll have to take another look, but I believe I do.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:37 am

I can't sell a crappy player for more than 900 at times. I've been trying to sell 73 overall Felicio, and for literally 5 days, he didn't sell at all. I even put him at 700 and nobody purchased him.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 am

Supply and demand, I guess.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 am

Bronze I can sell for like 300-400 at most if I'm lucky. Silver I have trouble with. Can usually get like 800-1000. Gold I can easily get 2k

Also depends on the player. I couldn't sell sabonis at all this week.

Andrew if you have some thunder players to sell I will buy them from you lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Offhand, I believe I have Jerami Grant.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Don't have any Thunder players on me right now. Surprisingly, I never had a single Thunder player at all, even during the beginning of the game and Christmas Clash events.

I plan on finishing the Eastern Conference Heroes so I can get Elite Giannis and sell gold Giannis; iirc he goes for like 8k-10k
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:52 pm

I was actually happy with Xmas redick and was willing to sell master curry but you can't auction him

I wound up getting a pippen on my second pack. I'll play a game with him and tmac to see who I like better. If I sell tmac I might wait to see if prices on him go up
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18