Saving problems

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Saving problems

Postby jk31 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:23 am

Since any of the last patches I have problems saving things in the game. I cannot start a new MyLeague, because the game is unable to create a new savegame file for it. As soon as I leave the league, there is no file to load it again. Even when I manually hit the "save" button, nothing happens. Same when I create a new roster. At least I can upload the roster to 2ks servers to save it there, but anything local will not happen.

Anybody else having this problem? Any fix? My OS is Windows 10. Game is running as administrator.
jk31

Re: Saving problems

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 am

No, it works for me with the last update.

I think it's probably relative to Windows.
You should check if you can create an empty text file in your 2K18 savefiles folder.

My 2K18 files are located in E:\Steam\userdata\141513\577800\remote
For me, Steam is on drive E and 141513 is My Steam User Number ; so you have to change the path depending your profile

Hope it helps ;)
sticky-fingers

Postby jk31 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Changing/creating files in the folder was possible without any problems, so that is not the cause here :/
jk31

Postby jk31 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Changing/creating files in the folder was possible without any problems, so that is not the cause here :/
jk31

Postby 2K Kobe on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:48 am

Yes, I've had the same problem for over a week now.

Sent a ticket to 2K Support and none of their solutions worked.

I know for a fact other people are dealing with this too, it's such a joke. There's no reason why something so simple should not work
2K Kobe

Postby jk31 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Just annoying. I really want to start a new MyLeague with the new draft classes that will get released soon... I just can't save the league :/ Even when I click "save as" it doesn't save. The save will show up for a few seconds and then just vanish.
jk31

Postby jk31 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 pm

What I found out: I am able to overwrite an existing save, just not able to create a new one...Strange... Well, I didn't want to continue my first myleague anyways...
jk31

Postby 2K Kobe on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:36 am

I want to know if anyone experienced this problem in 2K17?

If there's no saving problems in that game then I'll settle for 2K17.

Because 2K18 is now worthless to me...what's the point if you can't save?
2K Kobe

Postby RMJH4 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:47 am

Yes I am having this problem in NBA 2K18 currently. I also had it for months in NBA 2K17. I got a ticket with 2k support and after months of trying all their fixes nothing worked. It periodically worked for me but that is no good as you don't know when you will be able to save or lose your progress. I am heading down the same road with support again and I know it will not fix it. Its incredible and I don't know what is causing it. One theory I have just been given by 2k support is expansion teams. (Typical, one of the main reasons I buy this game!) I set up a start today league and tried to download some expansion teams for next year. The first one downloads, the second never will always a "problem with getting team design" . It doesn't matter if they are myteam designs or downloaded from other creators. If randomly I do get a second one to download, the myleague will never save a new file then. I was told by support to delete all other save files with expansion teams in them (technically there wasn't even one expansion team in this one yet, only pending!) There were no others but I deleted my other save files anyway. Now today I started the myleague brand new and i can only overwrite that one file as I had autosave on. I like to write stories so i need multiple save files. Also having only one save file of anything is a disaster as they can corrupt. And knowing 2k they will. Earlier in the year i had 5-6 copies of files with expansion and relocated teams in them. No problems. then suddenly in January, nothing works. Same thing happened in NBA 2K17 last year but around March/April.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby BrotherJRB on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am

seaboh13 wrote:Yes I am having this problem in NBA 2K18 currently. I also had it for months in NBA 2K17. I got a ticket with 2k support and after months of trying all their fixes nothing worked. It periodically worked for me but that is no good as you don't know when you will be able to save or lose your progress. I am heading down the same road with support again and I know it will not fix it. Its incredible and I don't know what is causing it. One theory I have just been given by 2k support is expansion teams. (Typical, one of the main reasons I buy this game!) I set up a start today league and tried to download some expansion teams for next year. The first one downloads, the second never will always a "problem with getting team design" . It doesn't matter if they are myteam designs or downloaded from other creators. If randomly I do get a second one to download, the myleague will never save a new file then. I was told by support to delete all other save files with expansion teams in them (technically there wasn't even one expansion team in this one yet, only pending!) There were no others but I deleted my other save files anyway. Now today I started the myleague brand new and i can only overwrite that one file as I had autosave on. I like to write stories so i need multiple save files. Also having only one save file of anything is a disaster as they can corrupt. And knowing 2k they will. Earlier in the year i had 5-6 copies of files with expansion and relocated teams in them. No problems. then suddenly in January, nothing works. Same thing happened in NBA 2K17 last year but around March/April.

I am having the same issues and it is driving me crazy. I wanted to create a new MyLeague for 2k18 for a minor league and use 2k19 for the NBA....problem is nothing saves right for team expansion and relocated teams. Not sure if anyone found a solution on this....I am thinking of trying a clean install....
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Return to NBA 2K18