NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I've repaired my windows by running the windows 10 setup over my current windows version. This way I've also kept all my settings, files and programs and NBA works smoothly and even loads faster. Still can't get why the windows update service affects the game online/offline, but glad it worked.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 am

^^ Glad it worked out for you. I'm still going to proceed with caution regarding Windows Update.
Uncle Drew

Postby ThreePeatLAL on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 am

Bug description: Shoe Creator and controller vibration

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC

Game Mode: any

Hi friends.I have two problems with the game..

first,no vibration on my controller (logitech f510) (only vibrates on free throws)

and my second problem is about the shoe creator.

First attempt of creation is mostly ok but,when tryin' to do it again and again,it looks like that

so any solution about that ?
ThreePeatLAL

Postby kenimurah on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 pm

So i have issue with official updates of players.. PC..

example :
Brandon Ingram gotten hair update, but i see the updated version of hair only in cut scenes, instant replays, before game, in player edit,
but once match starts hes hair goes back to old huge afro

anyone knows a fix?
kenimurah

Postby Brockman44 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Bug description: Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows W/Receiver no longer works online after Windows Creator Update, version 1709.

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC): PC

Game Mode: online specific

Hey all, I posted about this issue some time ago here, viewtopic.php?f=231&t=104730...with the resolve including reverting back to the old version of windows courtesy of Windows's new "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" that comes along with 1709. Unfortunately, it has gotten to the point where using that old version of Windows comes with Windows annoying you about upgrading to 1709...this to me is unnacceptable since I play online sim-racing games where a notification coming up during a race isn't exactly the thing you want (any game for that matter).

So...I am back to the drawing board and am asking for some help. No other controllers or gamepads are plugged in so I know the interference isn't from there. Works in RocketLeague online match, but 2K has some anti-cheat code or something. I am strangely even allowed to back out of a PvP game before finding a match for example...which seems odd given that if I activate my keyboard while searching for a match with my controller I can no longer back out with my controller (I understand that part may have been confusing...but nonetheless, please review my old post for more info).

*edit 1: Unfortanately I'm beginning to feel this creators update is forcing my hand at buying an XBONE controller, but I much prefer the size of the 360 controller.

*edit 2: hazzaa! The controller is connecting after I launch the program as P2 albeit the controller says P1. Not sure where the interference could be coming from. In the Windows prior to 1709 it will connect as P1 though.

*edit 3: Finally Fixed! I had a vJoy controller configured for some Sim-Racing-related apps. I had a suspicion this might have been it and it was confirmed when I went into (Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers) and went into "Game Controller Settings" after right-clicking the controller. Surely enough it was being recognized as a controller and would take over P1. Weirdly enough it would not play the role of P1 in the last Windows update...nonetheless this took me about a month to figure out all-in-all.
Brockman44

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:50 am

Portland court non-existent..... What gives? Happens on Play now and NBA Today.

Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Glitched update, I'm guessing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:08 am

Andrew wrote:Glitched update, I'm guessing.

Yeah, this game has it's fair share, and we won't even get into the gameplay glitches.....
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:17 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Andrew wrote:Glitched update, I'm guessing.

Yeah, this game has it's fair share, and we won't even get into the gameplay glitches.....

Remove any floor patch related to the Moda Center
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:22 am

Does this game update automatically or something? I've noticed that after that big ball activates, things within the game change. Like the CF's I installed don't showup, and the courts aren't there either. Also, the gameplay sliders that I've saved change too. The game plays different. What can be done so this doesn't happen?
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:43 am

Yes, content (rosters, artwork) and occasional tuning updates are pushed through in-game, in between the major title updates (the numbered official patches). The only way to prevent it would be to play in offline mode, so that no updates ever come through.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:48 am

Andrew wrote:Yes, content (rosters, artwork) and occasional tuning updates are pushed through in-game, in between the major title updates (the numbered official patches). The only way to prevent it would be to play in offline mode, so that no updates ever come through.

Andrew, what do you actually mean by playing offline? I thought I was playing offline when I don't play anyone on the servers,( Me vs CPU), such as Play Now, NBA today, or My GM.
Uncle Drew

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:
Andrew wrote:Yes, content (rosters, artwork) and occasional tuning updates are pushed through in-game, in between the major title updates (the numbered official patches). The only way to prevent it would be to play in offline mode, so that no updates ever come through.

Andrew, what do you actually mean by playing offline? I thought I was playing offline when I don't play anyone on the servers,( Me vs CPU), such as Play Now, NBA today, or My GM.

If Steam is online when you put the game on, thats being online. You would need to put Steam in offline mode before opening the game in order for the updates to not go through.

And as I stated in the tutorials section, backing up your .exe is a good thing to do. Your .exe contains the gameplay updates from the patches. The .exe would only update when you have steam online and go into a game. For example, I use the December .exe for NBA 2K17, and I get the same gameplay 100% of the time when im using that .exe offline.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Sorry, I could've been clearer about that. Content updates and the like still come through even if you're playing the single player (or "offline") modes, so as Dee said, Steam itself needs to be in offline mode to ensure that you're not getting those updates.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby maddenftbl on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 pm

I was just wondering if I missed something or not? I no longer get the post game reports with Shaq, Ernie and Kenny. Every game shows the half time, but at the end of the game there is none!
maddenftbl

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 am

Andrew wrote:Sorry, I could've been clearer about that. Content updates and the like still come through even if you're playing the single player (or "offline") modes, so as Dee said, Steam itself needs to be in offline mode to ensure that you're not getting those updates.

I found out how to do it. I copy paste the original NBA.exe from 11-1 17, then went offline. It's kinda strange playing that way, no commentators, limited crowd noise, but after I went back to go online again, I've lost all my audio with Harlen and the other announcers during the game. I tried rebooting my computer, then loaded the game, and that didn't work. What the hell have I done, and how do I get the audio back? If I'd have known this was going to screw the sound up, I never would have went offline. The gameplay didn't seem any different though, even after I put in the original NBA2K18.exe, the CPU still made shots, got steals and played helly defense, and I couldn't.
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am

The patches haven't made many adjustments to gameplay this year, compared to last year. It's mostly been technical fixes and content updates.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Andrew wrote:The patches haven't made many adjustments to gameplay this year, compared to last year. It's mostly been technical fixes and content updates.

Thanks for the reply Andrew, but do you know what could have caused me to lose the announcers audio during the game after playing offline?
Uncle Drew

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:
Andrew wrote:The patches haven't made many adjustments to gameplay this year, compared to last year. It's mostly been technical fixes and content updates.

Thanks for the reply Andrew, but do you know what could have caused me to lose the announcers audio during the game after playing offline?

Putting the prior .exe in (before patches) doesn't cause that issue for me at all. Here is my recommendation:

1.Go online and verify the game cache through Steam. This will put all the files in good order back into the main folder. This will also update the game as long as options under the game properties are "Always keep this game up to date". You won't lose any saves by doing this, I never have.

2. If you want to use an older .exe, exit online mode first. Now copy and paste the old .exe in your main NBA 2K18 directory. Should work fine.

But, I know that verifying your game cache through Steam fixes those file issues you are talking about. It has 100% of the time for me for 2K15 through 2K18.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:35 pm

^^ Thanks for the heads up. It worked, got the sound back. Not playing offline anymore though, this might happen again.
Uncle Drew

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:^^ Thanks for the heads up. It worked, got the sound back. Not playing offline anymore though, this might happen again.

No problem.

It has nothing to do with playing offline though. But, I don't blame you for being skeptical, when stuff happens like that it sucks pretty bad.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:05 am

I had the same problem, no crowd and commentators
Only the last .exe works fine
i tried different older .exe and remotecache, same problem.
2K has probably change sounds locations in NumberLetter files
sticky-fingers

Postby Stildo33 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:14 pm

One thing I notice is that when I start a new myleague not all my local rosters are available to use. It's only the top 10-12 that I can pick from. 2k17 doesn't do this.
Stildo33

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:59 pm

Been getting this for more than a week when I try to get to the NBA Today games. In the middle of the fucking playoffs. This is pathetic, I remember this thing happening since FREAKING 2K16.
This shit also affects the "Start Today" feature of MyLeague. For the love of God, fix it already, 2k.
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun May 20, 2018 4:08 am

3 weeks later, we got the fix yaaay. Better late than never (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18