High School Roster in Progress

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: High School Roster in Progress

Postby RobDavis on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Kenny4118 wrote:Hoping you are coming up with something on the smaller gyms, that would really enhance the game experience. As far as the tendencies go, I think I am just going to leave them as is for the most part. At least it doesn't seem to be making a substantial difference in expected simulation stats and the game play seems fine for the most part. If I do any changing, it may be to remove some dunking tendencies, because that seems like within the game play, that just seems to be happening at a far greater rate than would in a normal High School game...but its mostly with players that are closer to 6 feet tall, and less athletic, that is if I even bother.

I did run a test with two teams in which I really tampered with tendencies and the game got really stale, and just editing those two teams, took literally an hour collectively. So that is just a time investment that I just do not seem to be worth the results in my opinion.

On a side note: Have you had the chance to find some designs that you want to use Rob? I have bookmarked some creators that have uploaded a lot of the top High School Prep/Academies...if it helps, I will write those down and post them on this thread for easier access.

I think eventually I will create a few additional schools for historical significance. One being Dunbar High School in Baltimore, Muggsy Bogues, Reggie Lewis, Reggie Williams, and David Wingate all on one High School team at the same time. I will have to look through some more to make sure that some others haven't been added since the last time I looked.

TG actually made his files downloadable for the smaller gyms and he even added crowds. There isnt many we can use, I really would like to use the orlando summer league gym. I just need to figure out how to remove this one texture thats on the wall lol. Im trying to strip the gyms down of all nba logos and whatnot. Its 2 textures just gotta figure out how to get rid of one of them. I'll probably look at some designs later.
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:50 am

Update: I was able to edit a few courts to remove a few NBA/2K logos. I would like to get the courts as bare as possible. Still working on this one texture on the orlando court. I think it has to do with the compression or something. With the roster we could probably make a pretty dope mod.

Here is a few pics

Remove the NBA 2K logos from the wall banners

Removed the Gatorade logos from the wall and on some of the cushion

Heres the orlando court, still working on the on texture on the wall. I know the texture name (at least I think) but its size is 0 in the archive and if I replace it court turns black.

Change the baskets to use the Pro Am baskets since they look like highschool rims. Wish I could edit the backboard to make the glass have the square

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 am

Those are good, I don't play anything but My league, so I had no clue those were even in the game. Certainly would not have the first clue how to make them accessible or alter arenas at all. So I think this is pretty incredible, I really like the gyms with the baskets coming from the rafters rather than on the floor. So good luck!
Kenny4118

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 pm

I love this thread because there is so much communication going on here. Kenny and Rob great work!

Sorry I can't help more right now. I'm pushing to test my modding knowledge in other areas.
Currently trying to convert gyms and arenas from 2K16 and 2K17 so that we can have a few more courts if possible.
Keep up the good work here.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 pm

RobDavis wrote:Update: I was able to edit a few courts to remove a few NBA/2K logos. I would like to get the courts as bare as possible. Still working on this one texture on the orlando court. I think it has to do with the compression or something. With the roster we could probably make a pretty dope mod.

Here is a few pics

Remove the NBA 2K logos from the wall banners

[ Image ]

Removed the Gatorade logos from the wall and on some of the cushion

[ Image ]

Heres the orlando court, still working on the on texture on the wall. I know the texture name (at least I think) but its size is 0 in the archive and if I replace it court turns black.

[ Image ]

Change the baskets to use the Pro Am baskets since they look like highschool rims. Wish I could edit the backboard to make the glass have the square

[ Image ]

I have created a cover art for High School, well at least for Indiana High School. I am not sure if it is possible to change the intro to the game, but I have seen other people sharing similar art in the uploader, and I have been updating my art work using Gimp, and wanted to see if I could pull it off. Here is what I have. Not sure how to upload it correctly to display on this site
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Update: It looks like the Pro Am arena may the best arena for this mode although I do like the 2k15 practice gym.

I removed the NBA logo in between the no slip pads and changed the no slip pads to all black. I don't think there are many logos on this arena. Ill try to make a logo for the high school mod and see about placing it in the arena tomorrow.

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Cool, I like the smaller gyms pics you had posted earlier, and also the ones on TG's thread for All in one rosters. They definitely help with the atmosphere of the game. But at the same time, I live in a town that has a gym that fits about 5100 people in it (approximately half the towns population, and in general the only gyms that my hometown team plays in that are bigger are for Sectionals in New Castle Field House which holds about 7000, and Southport which is only slightly bigger than ours for Regionals. So I am sort of used to more of a college atmosphere for High School basketball. I am sure that there are plenty of gyms that are similar to those really tiny gyms in Indiana, but I do believe we have about the 16th largest gym in the state, and most gyms are holding about 3000 or more. So this last one is more like the ones I would expect. But I am a big time fan of the basketball goals coming from the rafters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 am

Kenny4118 wrote:Cool, I like the smaller gyms pics you had posted earlier, and also the ones on TG's thread for All in one rosters. They definitely help with the atmosphere of the game. But at the same time, I live in a town that has a gym that fits about 5100 people in it (approximately half the towns population, and in general the only gyms that my hometown team plays in that are bigger are for Sectionals in New Castle Field House which holds about 7000, and Southport which is only slightly bigger than ours for Regionals. So I am sort of used to more of a college atmosphere for High School basketball. I am sure that there are plenty of gyms that are similar to those really tiny gyms in Indiana, but I do believe we have about the 16th largest gym in the state, and most gyms are holding about 3000 or more. So this last one is more like the ones I would expect. But I am a big time fan of the basketball goals coming from the rafters.

Kenny how many Indiana high school teams would you want to include if we made it a full mod? Is there enough for a 30 team myleague team and would you have all the artwork for the teams?
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:05 am

Rob, I am not sure how much trouble it would be on your end to both, but if it is too much trouble, lets not worry about the Indiana side...instead I can consolidate the rosters to increase the skills for both starters and bench and just make it 30 teams for the top prep schools. As far as art work goes, yes I have more than enough Indiana schools to do 30 teams 3 times...the prep schools, I would just need to do some searching and a bit of additional research to make sure I can find the top 30 teams (either this year, or traditionally, either is fine with me). But I can get that all figured out by the end of the night, I would say. I have booked marked several uploaders already that have uploaded many of them, and if I have to make a few to get to 30, its not going to be too difficult.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 am

Rob, just looked into bookmarks and did some research, so far I have located 26 of the top Prep/Academy schools. I have 3, that I definitely think I will make, but am trying to decide if I just want to select a non academy/prep school that may have a top 10 player on it, or just select the next best team. Going to look into some more, and start getting the art work together for the three I know. And if it we are going to do both, I already have a list of 30 Indiana schools ready to go that I developed earlier in the week.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 am

Kenny4118 wrote:Rob, just looked into bookmarks and did some research, so far I have located 26 of the top Prep/Academy schools. I have 3, that I definitely think I will make, but am trying to decide if I just want to select a non academy/prep school that may have a top 10 player on it, or just select the next best team. Going to look into some more, and start getting the art work together for the three I know. And if it we are going to do both, I already have a list of 30 Indiana schools ready to go that I developed earlier in the week.

yea it doesn't matter to me. I'll probably just take your roster and end up doing a mylegaue with 30 Highschool teams with all fictional players anyway. Here's a template for some cover art (need Photoshop to edit), I know you started one though.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ozBYT8 ... sp=sharing
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Thanks for that...I am not sure if there is anyone who has been working on future draft classes past 2018, but if you can find one, we could use it for the prep schools to at least put a star player on a teams or several for some. I certainly cannot even come close to the realism that I have seen posted for the 2018 draft faces of some of these other creators on this site. If no one has progressed that far, I will begin to make some player edits of far less accuracy sooner than later. Also, before you take the roster to use, allow me to spend some time trying to consolidate that High School by Kenny roster to get some additional depth that those prep teams would provide (unless in your process it would be simpler to just do a MyLeague with a fantasy draft which would essentially do the same thing much faster). I had some Indiana players already created before starting the new rosters(currently in the free agent list)...which makes a big difference to me knowing that there is a little more realism within it. I have gotten all the art work to make the last teams for 30 prep schools. I think I am going to turn on my PS4 and delete some of my Indiana school designs that I have fixed or added to recently and saved on my PC profile to consolidate the prep schools into one single profile. That profile name is Kenny4118. Probably will be doing that late tonight...so hopefully all the team art will be ready in that profile tomorrow, or whenever you are ready.

Small edit: I started moving designs around, but found they were getting messed up upon trying to upload into free space. So instead...I will just make a list of which designs I selected by giving you the school name to search by, probably gets fewer results than mascot name, and which uploader tag seems to be the best for each one.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Give me a list of the 30 teams you want to start with, lets start there. We can make sure we have all the team art for them.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 am

Update: I was able to finally remove the one texture in the orlando practice gym. I had to completely remove the wall cushion color.

I'm still trying to get these arenas as bare bones as possible. Im pretty sure I can remove the padding for the gatorade gym as well.

Here is the orlando practice arena with white padding

Here is the orlando practice arena with The padding gone completely leaving a black shadow

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 am

RobDavis wrote:Give me a list of the 30 teams you want to start with, lets start there. We can make sure we have all the team art for them.

Just finished the last necessary to reach 30.

1. Montverde Academy Eagles DynastyNivk95

2. Findley Prep Pilots - DynastyNivk95

3. La Lumeire Lakers- male4show072

4. Orlando Christian Prep Warriors- paper_hunter2

5. IMG Academy Ascenders- DynastyNivk95

6. DeMatha Stags- RedEagle107

7. Gonzaga Prep Bulldogs- Max77W

8. Mater Dei Mon archs- DynastyNivk95

9. Memphis East Mus tangs- Watermellon4Lif3

10. Simeon Wolverines- DynastyNivk95

11. Brentwood Academy Eagles- matt71999

12. Oak Hill Academy Warriors- DynastyNivk95

13. Christ the King Royals- kenneth.descombes4118

14. Spartenburg Day Griffins- ddday524

15. Prolific Prep "Prep"- paper_hunter2

16. Chino Hills Huskies- DynastyNivk95

17. Hunington St. Joseph's Prep Irish-Jay5Mulaa

18. Pope VI Panthers- RedEagle107

19. Sierra Canyon Trailblazers- DynastyNivk95

20. Garfield Bulldogs- KingK206

21. Bishop Montgomery Knights- Solis Lupas

22. Archbishop Molloy "Molloy"- malc4show072

23. Nathan Hale Raiders- paper_hunter2

24. Archbishop Wood Vikings- kenneth.descombes4118

25. St. Benedicts Prep Gray Bees- kenneth.descombes4118

26. Imhotep Panthers- kenneth.descombes4118

27. Guyer Wildcats- kenneth.descombes4118

28. Bishop Gorman Gaels- DynastyNivk95

29. Crossroads Roadrunners- paper_hunter2

30. Westtown Eagles- matt71999
Last edited by Kenny4118 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:48 am

Gatorade Gym, I removed the big gatorade sign and the orange padding

White padding

White(North and South wall) and Black Padding(East and West Wall)

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am

Good deal, I am going to go ahead and raise the ratings and heights and weights of the 30 NBA teams to more resemble the talent loaded teams these prep schools. I will edit the roster name to H.S. Prep/Academy Roster, to differentiate it from the others. Should be done late tonight or mid afternoon tomorrow.

Update: I got through it tonight, may start actually looking up rosters on MaxPrep to make them somewhat more accurate. That will probably take a while, but it should prevent any other work being done because I will just edit my offline version until completion. Also, when your ready to start assigning High Schools to teams, to make it work out, I am going in the same order of replacement that I shared earlier in the thread. EX. 1. 76ers will represent Montverde, 2. Bucks will be Findley Prep and so on.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Kenny4118 wrote:Good deal, I am going to go ahead and raise the ratings and heights and weights of the 30 NBA teams to more resemble the talent loaded teams these prep schools. I will edit the roster name to H.S. Prep/Academy Roster, to differentiate it from the others. Should be done late tonight or mid afternoon tomorrow.

Update: I got through it tonight, may start actually looking up rosters on MaxPrep to make them somewhat more accurate. That will probably take a while, but it should prevent any other work being done because I will just edit my offline version until completion. Also, when your ready to start assigning High Schools to teams, to make it work out, I am going in the same order of replacement that I shared earlier in the thread. EX. 1. 76ers will represent Montverde, 2. Bucks will be Findley Prep and so on.

Cool I did some more work on the arenas, turns out the 2K17 High school arena crowd file works in the pro am arena for 2k18. This way the crowd isnt super full representing more of a high school. Maybe we could have teams with the full crowd (bigger schools) and teams with less people. Im looking at the HS arena in 2k17 trying to understand it to see if it can be converted over. I have no idea what Im looking at lol.

Pictures (crowd is a little glitchy but it works)

Regular Pro am Crowd

High school crowd in pro am arena

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:09 pm

I actually think it works well for these Prep school teams. From the ones I created, just getting some pictures off google didn't seem like they spend much money to renovate their home gyms. I assume that the cost of travel is too large of a part of their budget because traveling across states for competitive games and big tournaments. There may be some exceptions, but the pics in to find home floor details, made me think they are basically just practice floors. How many different gyms do you think are going to be available?
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 am

Kenny4118 wrote:I actually think it works well for these Prep school teams. From the ones I created, just getting some pictures off google didn't seem like they spend much money to renovate their home gyms. I assume that the cost of travel is too large of a part of their budget because traveling across states for competitive games and big tournaments. There may be some exceptions, but the pics in to find home floor details, made me think they are basically just practice floors. How many different gyms do you think are going to be available?

Right now it looks like 4 different gyms work pretty good. 2 of these don't have built in crowds so when we add the crowd in it may look a little glitchy but it works. I ran into a snag when downloading all the team art. 2K18 has a weird glitch where your save will get corrupted when updating your arena. I got up to 20 teams and lost my save. I would hate for that to happen in the middle of a season.

Orlando Practice Gym

2K15 Practice Gm

Gatorade Gym

Pro Am Arena Gym

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Shuajota on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:47 am

Wow! Great work guys
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Kenny4118 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:48 am

"Right now it looks like 4 different gyms work pretty good. 2 of these don't have built in crowds so when we add the crowd in it may look a little glitchy but it works. I ran into a snag when downloading all the team art. 2K18 has a weird glitch where your save will get corrupted when updating your arena. I got up to 20 teams and lost my save. I would hate for that to happen in the middle of a season. "

Let me look into if some of these schools have larger arenas, maybe just putting the smaller gyms on the right 20 will be an easier work around to fix this issue. I will look into a bit more and get back to you on it.

Well, no luck finding gyms that are big enough to be accurate with larger arenas. New Albany is the biggest I could get a number on, and its 4200, which is 1000 more than Mater Dei who was by far the next largest. To place that in perspective against Indiana High School gyms, New Albany is the 55th largest gym in Indiana and there are 122 gyms larger in Indiana than Mater Dei's.

Hopefully, you can find a fix, or we will just have to live with the 20 limit.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 am

Kenny4118 wrote:"Right now it looks like 4 different gyms work pretty good. 2 of these don't have built in crowds so when we add the crowd in it may look a little glitchy but it works. I ran into a snag when downloading all the team art. 2K18 has a weird glitch where your save will get corrupted when updating your arena. I got up to 20 teams and lost my save. I would hate for that to happen in the middle of a season. "

Let me look into if some of these schools have larger arenas, maybe just putting the smaller gyms on the right 20 will be an easier work around to fix this issue. I will look into a bit more and get back to you on it.

Well, no luck finding gyms that are big enough to be accurate with larger arenas. New Albany is the biggest I could get a number on, and its 4200, which is 1000 more than Mater Dei who was by far the next largest. To place that in perspective against Indiana High School gyms, New Albany is the 55th largest gym in Indiana and there are 122 gyms larger in Indiana than Mater Dei's.

Hopefully, you can find a fix, or we will just have to live with the 20 limit.

I lost my save while downloading designs so its possible to get through all the teams and give each of em different arenas. Its a weird 2k bug from 2 years ago. You will be editing a team and itll just crap out. We should get all 30.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Ok, when do you think we can get it all put together and make it downloadable? No huge rush, I have two MyLeagues going, one Indiana schools only with mostly fictional rosters, and now one prep going with mostly fictional rosters as well. So I am content, and can wait until you get your end up to the level your comfortable with releasing. I do need to make one edit to the Archbishop Wood Uniforms, slight over sight, forgot to add the short logos to the sides of the road and third uniforms. But that just means I need to reupload, and place them. It will only be about 5 minutes when I log in tomorrow morning.

I can work on changing over rosters from fictional to as accurate as I can before or after, but it will take a while, and I would prefer to just do it on my own time, and release it after completion. Then if someone wants to really make some of the known players more realistic or improve further on it from there, hopefully they at least share that they have made some upgrades to the roster.
Last edited by Kenny4118 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm working on a little preview video. I think before we release we just need to make sure all the courts and jerseys look good. We could also make some universal dornas as well. Im also tryna to see if someone can make us a wilson basketball mod too. I look into those tomorrow.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding