Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:51 am

Kemp is the most expensive of the 3. Might sell him and pick up his cavs card. A little bit of a downgrade but a lot cheaper. Gives me room to make some bench upgrades after I unlock Master Curry.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:28 pm

So I put in some time with Payton and he's a lot of fun to play with. Like my character from the one, his defense is top notch so steals are easy to get. He wound up replacing Lin in the lineup. I have him surrounded by shooters: Kuzma, Justin Jackson, and Alex Abrines (who I've never heard of) all rated 85 or higher in 3s. I have Monroe at center. I basically work for layups or find someone open for 3.

I played a bit to get a pack to see if I could get Allen to replace abrines or maybe Kemp. I wound up getting another Payton lol

I played my first heroes challenges and I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a bit more difficult. I dropped 99 and 105 points on my opponents respectively and it was basically 3 point shooting practice.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

I do want to say that whoever worked on the card art did a great job with these LUT Master players.

zzcoolj21

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm

A short grind later and I think I have my Point Guards for the rest of LUT
zzcoolj21

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Yeah, I reckon they'll do the job quite nicely.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:27 am

I got to the end of the heroes and OKC definitely put up a fight. I was down 7 heading into the 4th before I pulled away at the end with the 8 point win. Got my McCollum hero card. Still trying to unload my extra Payton card.
There's 4 different kuzma cards out there and I just upgraded to the second best one
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:39 am

Thinking of giving Ultimate Team a chance, considering that I've never tried out MyTeam before. When I saw that you can unlock legends for limited time usage, I also found out that there were legends in the auction house that contained contracts ranging from 7 to 10 games. Can you apply contracts to those legend cards as opposed to the ones that only let you use them for 3 games?
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Yeah, those aren't limited cards, so they can be boosted with new contracts.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:49 pm

I appreciate that the contract cards don't give less games for better cards like in earlier Madden games. This allows you to keep better cards on your team without blowing through tons of contract cards.

I like that legends are available but some are just not affordable. I lucked out with Payton but I've been hoping for a Glen Rice card but there aren't many out there and people are charging like 250k for them

I honesty wouldn't mind it if the regular players had as good ratings but some legends are a bit overrated. I don't understand how a regular Curry isn't over 90 in 3s and is somehow as good as jalen rose in 3s. Current superstars are barely cracking 80 in 3 point rating
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:16 am

Oh good, that's a relief to hear. I didn't want to go around with legend cards that couldn't be redeemed.

This is my team so far after completing some Fantasy Challenges and snagging some cards at the auction house. Anyone know a faster way to earn coins after completing games, since I only get about 900-1,000 after completing a Fantasy Game? I don't want to fork over my cash just to open packs that might get me a bronze player.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:08 am

That's actually a pretty good team early on. You can get specific gold players for 2000 or less in auction but looks like you are doing the smart thing by getting free hero cards which are slightly better than normal gold cards.

It just takes time and scouring the auctions and getting lucky. You also have to be consistent every week and work the featured challenges for free stuff every week
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:44 am

Thinking of getting some of the better hero cards at first (Wiggins, McCollum, DeAndre, Drik, etc), and then building my team from there. Like you said, it's a decent squad for starting off, and if worst comes to worst, I still have my Harden trial card with 7 games left.

This mode is really fun to play; I can't believe I didn't try it out beforehand.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 am

Another note re: the Legend cards. Short term cards (Legends or otherwise) can't be traded in or put up for auction, so if you see a card in the Auction house, it's a card you're going to be able to apply additional contracts to.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:26 am

Attempting the Christmas Clash events to try to get a team captain, and the requirements are insane. It's a 9 game gauntlet, and the difficulty increases to All-Star on the seventh game, and the AI becomes psychic. Lost by two, but since I lost my gauntlet player, I have to get another one all over again. Any way I can deal with All-Star difficulty AI?
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:12 am

I can only recall playing against all star difficulty once of twice in 60 or so games. I played one last week and brought in the big guns (legends that I save in my inventory)but I didn't have any trouble winning.

You definitely want to stack your starting 5, but you still need one or two decent players off the bench in the longer games when fatigue becomes a factor.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:50 am

I kinda figured you needed the really good cards, but the problem in Christmas Clash, is that you're limited to only Christmas Clash players (73-81 OVR range), and a Christmas Gauntlet player (79-83 OVR range - as well as only being usable for one game), all of which are random. If you lose the game, you also lose the Christmas Gauntlet player, which you have to play the game against the Cavs just to get another one. The fact that you're restricted with select few players, and with the 9 game gauntlets, it's a brutal challenge indeed.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Zz, have you completed the challenge? Wondering which one I should start on. I finished the intro and beat the cavs for a clash card

What's inside the reward pack? Does completing the Lakers one give you a Lakers card or are they all random?

I also read about people getting "holiday bundles" and getting ridiculously good cards inside. Where do you get those?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 am

The gauntlets give you 87 Overall team captains with the Cavs Gauntlet giving you LeBron, Celtics Gauntlet giving you Kyrie, Warriors Gauntlet giving you Durant, and some others not at the top of my head atm. But since the difficulty switches to All-Star at the seventh game, I still haven't completed the Wizards game from the Cavs Gauntlet.

This video shows all the unlockable Team Captains you can earn

phpBB [video]
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:11 am

Cool. Thanks for the explanation. I might go for redick then because of his 3 point rating. Or maybe LeBron because he'll have a good chance of getting upgraded (probably him or Durant)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:22 am

Sooo I wound up going for redick though halfway through I figured I should have gone for LeBron. Especially with the chance of him getting better.

Also, it would have helped to not have to play Cleveland. I ran through the first 6 teams easily, even dropping over 80 points on Minnesota. Then I played the rockets who I kept up with in the first half before they blew me out. I have to control myself from getting angry and doing stupid stuff because that leads to turnovers and easy buckets for them. I begrudgingly redid the cavs one for the gauntlet card and got an extra pack for help. I wound up getting teague in the pack which helped because I had no pgs and the embiid gauntlet card was a good matchup for capela.

It was a dogfight, as I was down 6-8 points the whole game. They are tough because their Bench guys are good and cp3 or harden seemed to always be in the game. I managed o luck out in the 3rd as they subbed out all starters so I kept mine in and furiously made a comeback. It was close at the end so I went with my tried and true method of trying to dunk with wiggins and they started doubling him which allowed Love to hit a couple clutch 3s to seal it.

Not looking forward to the warriors and cavs
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:50 am

Another problem I have with the Christmas Clash challenges is that the games are 5 minute quarters, on top of being 9 games each, and you only had TWO days (including Christmas) to complete them, which imo, should've been extended to New Year's. Currently acquiring some Hero cards, as well as seeing if I can snag some good players for a fair price (got an 81 Backcourt Defender Rondo for only 2,000).
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Did the gauntlets for LeBron and Ingram, then went out and bought KD. Just 3 really well rounded cards and of course I am going to play LeBron at the point all cheesy.

zzcoolj21

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 am

... you bought the Durant card? You must be swimming in coins like Scrooge McDuck lol

I beat the cavs and warriors pretty easily so I got my redick card. Good idea playing LeBron at the point. I don't think he would have fit on my team because I shoot a lot of 3s when my guys get doubled. I really liked playing with Wiggins during the 10 games so I will keep and start him. I would not have been able to finish the series if it weren't for him. I rode him hard at times when I needed buckets and just drove and dunked over defenders.

I had no problems with the clash series. I liked how you basically had to start over and play with different players than your regular team. It basically let me try new guys out and the difficulty of the rockets game forced me to actually think about my lineup and strategize and scheme against them. I actually had to start mbah a moute to help keep harden at bay. Usually all the games in the mode are too easy that it becomes a bit mindless playing the mode.

Took me about 6-7 hours in total for the 13 games to finish everything. Luckily I had the day off yesterday to do it after a very busy weekend.

On a side note, it is pretty annoying to have to play against teams using old rosters.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:56 am

[Q] wrote:On a side note, it is pretty annoying to have to play against teams using old rosters.

Yeah, that's been an issue since LUT debuted. MyTEAM has similar problems.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:10 am

Obviously the UT roster is independent from the regular roster but I'm not sure how they manage that roster especially with them creating new teams and challenges every week. At the very least they should update jersey numbers and starting 5. Although I did notice at one point I had two Josh Hart base rookie cards with different jersey numbers, so I know it's possible
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18