Is Derrick Rose worth anything?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Is Derrick Rose worth anything?

Postby Sauru on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:53 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Passing on a player because he's unathletic could still be considered a decent reason, much better than the Suns passing on Kawhi because he was nervous and made his suit a sweaty mess in his predraft interview.

lots of teams passed on tom brady for that exact reason.
Sauru

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Fuck Brady. 18-1.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Report: Rose wants to return to Cavaliers after taking time away. Cleveland is expected to make a formal announcement concerning Rose's status on Sunday.

Cavs won 11 straight with Shumpert and Rose out. Don't know if I want a broken Rose to return...
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:04 pm

[Q] wrote:Lol what happened to Joe Alexander? So much hype on him

He had his ups and down in Europe. His was kinda valuable here.
I Hate Mondays

Postby benji on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 pm

[Q] wrote:Lol what happened to Joe Alexander? So much hype on him

That's 2010-11 All-NBDL Team Member Joe Alexander buddy.

He's been playing for Maccabi because he counts as an Israeli or whatever. Finally added a consistent three point shot at age 29, he still didn't have one in the D-League a few years ago. It was probably the one skill he needed to keep getting chances with his nuts athleticism. Ryan Anderson was taken 13 picks later and he's going to have made over $100 million. Joe should have tried to make himself into the poor man's version of that, like Jason Kapono and Luke Babbit have taken shots at being the poor man's Kyle Korver for a while.

shadowgrin wrote:Passing on a player because he's unathletic could still be considered a decent reason, much better than the Suns passing on Kawhi because he was nervous and made his suit a sweaty mess in his predraft interview.

That was the thing though, despite having the highest body fat % of any drafted player (and admitting he was out of shape) he matched Beasley in all the drills and both destroyed JaVale McGee not to mention basically every other big that wasn't Joe Alexander. He also had put up huge stats at a major program. Love's not unathletic at all, especially for basketball.

Actually looking at the results, it looks like Westbrook might have dogged it during the combine lol

And apparently Westbrook was 5-8 and 140lbs as a Freshman in HS. So remember fellow NLSCers, when life gets you down, suddenly at any point, you too could become the only person other than the Big O to average a triple double. Without literally any work I assume.
benji

Postby [Q] on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 am

IIRC Love always had a great well-rounded skill set though and was a willing passer. At the very least, the rebounding was virtually a guarantee to transfer over, as good rebounders in college do well in the NBA. And the UCLA pedigree helps
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 am

Iam so glad the knicks didnt waste any more time on Rose, I've always being a big fan of his and he did play well his lone year in NY but those injuries plus you have to question how much is that he really wants to play basketball or simply how much he doesn't want to leave that type of money on the table from retiring.

And to think there were so many knicks fans pissed because we didn't resign him even after he went awol even after he got hurt again and when you look at our team this year the only headlines we make are good ones and if there is any drama it's more about "why isn't Willy getting any mins" or "should we resign Kanter" and I have to say it's refreshing
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby air gordon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 am

shadowgrin wrote:Fuck Brady. 18-1.

:lol: try to keep it in your pants, Sauru

mp3,
i think a lot of people get caught up on the occasional flashy move Rose makes vs the stats. at a veteran's minimum contract, he's worth the risk/headache. the cavs been doing fine without him anyway.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:59 am

Yeah he's worth the money he's getting now but like I said his injuries and desires are what makes the headlines now and after years of drama in NY with Melo it's nice that the focus is on basketball again.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:54 am

He could take it easy by leaving the NBA and moving to China :D

Maybe for some magical reason he will come and play over here and Ireland and average 200 Points a game. :lol:
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby volsey on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 am

And now likely requiring another surgery to remove bone spurs, which he withheld from the team; his absence to make up his mind becomes more clear. Imagine undergoing the number of surgeries and procedures he's had, and continuing to go back to the cause of those injuries or incidences. Money ain't everything, best of luck D Rose.
volsey

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:46 am

Cavs have also won 13 straight without him. Coincidence or addition by subtraction??

But Rose insisted on Friday that his agreement with Adidas has no bearing on his future in the game.

“Man, I don’t care about — not to be rude — I don’t care about no f***ing money,” Rose told reporters, via ESPN.com’s Dave McMenamin. “It’s not about that. I’ve saved up enough money. It’s not about that. If I wanted to leave, I would have left. Like I said, coming back here, starting with rehab that’s my first step. Keeping it simple and just giving my team support and then I’ll see what I see off the court.”
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 am

hiding the bone spur thing is rather amusing but i think the cavs med/training staff were in the wrong for not catching it.

hell yeah, i love those quotes by Drose. really, when someone prefaces their comment with "not to be rude" you know it is and for some reason it get's excused.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball