Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 pm

LeBron would have been crucified by the media again if he did what Lonzo did, Skip gonna be eating good.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackal on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 am

Bitch what. You would move Ingram over Randle?! Wtf are you on. Kid is 20 years old and improved significantly since his rookie year. All you hear is about his work ethic. He's stoic and doesn't get all hyped, very Kawhi-esque. You'd move him for Randle?!

Ingram is untouchable for me. He should be for any Laker fan.

Great win against the Sixers, they made some boneheaded plays to lose that 16 point lead. Embiid is such a handful, damn. Losing the pick to Philly or Boston sucks equally.

Edit: Shadow is right, had Ingram missed that one Lonzo would've gotten his ass eaten out by anyone and everyone. That pull up three was baffling as shit too. Still love the kid though, hope to see Ingram and Ball in Lakers unis for a long, long time.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:28 am

LeBron buys a $23 million dollar home in Brentwood. A move coming soon?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:12 am

Prolly a good thing Lopez got in foul trouble

I'm not a rooting fan for either team and I love Harlan. Seemed like Kevin and reg broadcast duo were sort of forcing it with their praise for both teams. It was a pretty sloppy game

How much would you guys pay to keep randle annually?!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:56 am

I watch the local feed, Stu & Bill all the way. Reggie is grating on the ears.

I'd pay 10-15 million for Randle, I'm concerned about his effort on a consistent basis/not playing in a contract year. He'll net 15-20 million from some teams though.

Gibson/Faried earn between 12-14 and that's more than enough for Randle to me. 16 million is Draymond territory already.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:43 am

interesting. IIRC he will be a restricted FA? also given Gibson's age vs Randle, i venture a guess he's going to fetch an overpay just so lakers won't match. faried's garbage. i wouldn't compare the two but thats just me.

if Randle was offered $16 mil per, you'd let him walk?

Draymond would be making close to ~$20mil per if he wasn't on the payroll friendly GSW.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 am

Jackal wrote:I watch the local feed, Stu & Bill all the way. Reggie is grating on the ears

I was spoiled growing up on Chick Hearn, who masked how annoying Stu Lantz is (nooooooice, "OC", big man camp references) and Joel Meyers made me want to blow my brains out so I don't mind the current team. I did like Paul Sunderland though I think he does primarily volleyball games
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 am

air gordon wrote:if Randle was offered $16 mil per, you'd let him walk?

Faried was pretty promising a few years ago, same motor/potential thing when I see Randle. He's trash now though, agreed.

Difficult to say with the 16 million, depends on how much they'd have left for the two max players they want to pursue. If it's detrimental to that plan, then that's too much for Randle yes.

I worry about him getting paid and reverting to his old ways. I'd still prefer they move him.

But I read a piece where they explained how they could retain Randle through waiving and stretching Deng or so.

Here it is: sorry on mobile - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743 ... -seriously

Which teams have cap space next season though? Dallas? The Bulls? Would those teams throw big money at Randle? How much would you be willing to pay for him and do you think he'd sustain the way he plays as a starter?
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:45 am

I could see the bulls showing interest but it's dependent on draft position/ who's available. If they Draft a big to play next to markkanen, doubt they pursue him
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:08 am

Yeah it's a crazy theory about giving Deng a non guaranteed extension to increase the length of the contract then you can split the cost over the next 11 years lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am

Lonzo Ball getting benched in the entire 4th.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jackal on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 am

Deservedly so, Clarkson was outplaying him and he just wasn't being aggressive.

The Randle-Kuzma-Ingram-KCP/Hart-Clarkson line-up is the most productive to me, they can switch everything and really push the ball. Clarkson/Randle tend to freeze Ingram out sometimes with their two-man game but they get buckets so I guess I can't complain. KCP's long/contested two's are pretty shitty too. Ingram is a beast. I love that dude. Easily my favorite Laker.

I'm going to be honest, I expected more from BroLo. Dude jacks 3's too much, from the little I had known about him in Brooklyn I expected him to be more offensively assertive. Guess not.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm

I was expecting a bit more from Lopez too. But I don't mind him not playing as I really like the lineup you referenced. He does hit a decent percentage of 3s as long as he's set and open.

Seems like there's a bit of a chemistry between randle and Clarkson as they play well together and often look to the other instead of forcing something.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Porzingis is insane, easily the best pick from that year.
Edit: guess I forgot about KAT.

Kuzma with the ice in his veins for the tie. Come on Lakers, make it three on the road!
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:20 pm

I hate east coast games, this one was basically over by the time I got home
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm

I actually prefer them, then they start around 1-2 am over here instead of the 330-430 am games.

Edit: How good has Ingram become at taking contact though? It was such a weakness last year and he's just become so much better at it. Love the kid.

They keep calling Josh Hart Jason for some reason. He's playing amazing in KCP's absence. Great rookie picks this year.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:44 am

jason hart.. from syracuse? haha

sup with Ingram's FT's???!
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:51 pm

I love Ingrams aggressiveness and his strength at the rim but i do cringe when he gets to the line, especially late in close games.

Magic giving me hope for this offseason:
I feel really good about it. Now, we have cap space for probably two max guys, but that’s not to say we’ll use both of them. We want to if we can, but we have a Plan A and we have Plan B. Say we only get one of those guys, then we’ll make a decision on not to use the cap space. We can do that and save it for the class that’s coming the next year. We’re not going to give money away just because we have the cap space. I’m not about that. If the guy can’t really take our team to another level, and we see what Kyrie Irving has done for the Boston Celtics. Put him with that young talent the Celtics have, and they’ve taken off. We feel the same thing can happen for the Lakers. If we get the right free agent, that guy can take our young talent to a whole ‘nother level.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:19 pm

He'a talking about a player that can take this young Lakers team to another level, guess that rules out Paul George, unless he's the plan B.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby [Q] on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Or he could just be saying no mozgovs and dengs
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 am

Any competent gm has no need to reiterate that. Thanks to the last lakers gm lol

Where does Ingram rank as a top prospect against the rest of the 24 years old and under players?!

Dunked on did a pod and I don't think he cracked the top 10
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 am

I saw that, he was way down on that list.

I'd put him after Duncan's 6, I could be a homer but I watch Laker basketball mostly. But Fultz ahead of Ingram? That kid hasn't even played yet.

Ingram's got the work ethic to be a superstar. Not a couple of all star selections type, I expect him to be a superstar in the league.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 pm

I can't remember whos list was which. off the top of my head my list

Embiid, Giannis, KAT, Porzingis, Simmons, jokic are easily ahead of the rest

Mitchell and Tatum already are playing so well. Gordon breaking out. Even jabari when healthy is a stud

Looking at the stats, his draft position, and from the few lakers games I've seen it's difficult to put Ingram ahead of those guys

Maybe you have the blinders idk. I think we had a discussion of his NBA comparable in the offseason. What has he shown you he's closer to achieving that... And be at least all NBA 2nd team?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 am

air gordon wrote:I can't remember whos list was which. off the top of my head my list

Embiid, Giannis, KAT, Porzingis, Simmons, jokic are easily ahead of the rest

Mitchell and Tatum already are playing so well. Gordon breaking out. Even jabari when healthy is a stud

Looking at the stats, his draft position, and from the few lakers games I've seen it's difficult to put Ingram ahead of those guys

I haven't seen Mitchell enough to comment on him, the lone game was the Lakers Jazz game and he was a stud that game too. But like I said; haven't seen enough to say I'd put him ahead of Ingram, that's probably the homer in me. Tatum has been amazing too, I think he's the type of guy that will get multiple all star selections but won't be "the guy". That's what I expect from Ingram.

What's changed since last season/the off season to make me believe that? Just the amount of work Ingram puts in, the development/improvement he's shown. Again I could be drinking the kool aid, I have a tendency to do that when it comes to LA, but gripes I had about him last season are things he's worked on. He doesn't settle for corner threes. He's decisive with the ball. He can take contact now and sometimes even finish as opposed to him losing the ball because of contact like last season. His shooting stroke looks better than last season as well.

He drives a bit too much now I feel, it's a bit predictable but it's something that will come with time. He's able to hit the midrange jumper but just doesn't opt for that often enough to keep the defense on their toes. Once he learns to mix it up a bit he'll be a lot more effective.

He's also got that mentality I feel. He's looking to make the big play, he was visibly upset when the Warriors got the switch they wanted with Ball on Durant last night. He kept up with Durant in both match ups so far. That too with his horrible free throws.

LA as a team needs to address that by the way. They lost the game due to their poor FT's. The Lakers definitely need to bring in a shooting coach this off season.

Lonzo's lone mid range jumper was smooth as F. If only he could shoot that way all the time.

Was a great retirement ceremony for Kobe too, great seeing so many Laker legends in attendance. Next up: Gasol.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 am

Dammit those missed free throws and that bad call on Clarkson's putback were too much to overcome. Durant and Thompson weren't going to keep missing
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball