Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.11)

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.05)

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:50 am

Looks like Patch 6 notes were just announced.

It's November... and already 6 patches.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:36 am

I'll add them to the first post, thanks for the heads up. (Y)

It's also worth noting that the Xbox One received the patch first this time. Something to keep in mind, considering the earlier allegations.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:58 am

Dee4Three wrote:Looks like Patch 6 notes were just announced.

2k is a joke.
StyxTx

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.06)

Postby StyxTx on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 pm

I love the comments here....https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k18-patch-update-6-notes/10155082943032267/

Especially in regards to "Michael Jordan’s tongue should now look a little more Mike-like " :lol:
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm

For the record, NBA Live 18 has had seven patches so far. Some of them have admittedly been fairly substantial content updates though, and things that 2K conversely seems to push through via the in-game "Updated Required" notification updates. As such, it's a little hard to compare.

In terms of the number of patches for either game, I guess it never looks good, but I'd rather fixes are pushed through regularly and as needed, instead of issues remaining unresolved for months. I also remember the days when games would only receive a couple of patches over the course of several months, and the last one ended up breaking something that was never fixed because there were no follow-up patches. NBA Live 10 is an example of that: Patch #2 messed up alley-oops and CPU opponent logic when the offensive play broke down. NBA Live 10 was a better game out of the box and after Patch #1 than it was after the second and final title update.

For me, one of the biggest problems with the NBA 2K patches is their size, at least on console. In all fairness, that's due to a need to include all of the previous updates for stability's sake, but with that in mind, it would be for the best if they ensured that each patch was a substantial update, as it's a pain to download two ~6 GB patches in the span of a month when they only include minor fixes. The other big issue is that every patch for NBA 2K seems to cause some technical problems, such as Patch 1.05 leading to random hangs in The Neighborhood and MyCAREER. It's the nature of software design, but it does feel like each patch causes more frustration. By comparison, NBA Live 18's track record has actually been pretty good in that department.

On the other hand, they're not doing a lot of tweaking to the gameplay with the patches for NBA 2K18. For better or worse, the experience has been reasonably consistent compared to last year. The nerf to zig zag cheese in Patch 1.05 was definitely welcome though. It was a very necessary fix, and they did fix it rather effectively.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Andrew wrote:instead of issues remaining unresolved for months.

Or years... There are still legacy issues.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:21 am

StyxTx wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Looks like Patch 6 notes were just announced.

2k is a joke.

At least this last update :shock:

Here are the update notes:
- Trivia will be re-enabled in the 2K Zone in MyCAREER once all consoles have received this update. If you have not yet tried it out, 2K Zone Trivia provides 25 VC for every question you answer correctly!
- Users will no longer experience a hang when attempting to read texts from Bryan in MyCAREER.
- Fixed an issue where Bryan would stop sending users texts to pick up their endorsement VC cheques in MyCAREER.
- Addressed a hang that could occur in the Gatorade Training Facility right before starting an activity.
- Addressed a case where some users were seeing their custom created shoes appearing differently in-game than how they looked in the editor.
- The camera will no longer focus on the crowd when play resumes when called right before a free throw in Pro-Am and Play Now Online games.
- Fixed a case where the playoffs would fail to advance after completing a round during an offline MyCAREER.
- Squads will now remain intact when choosing to Play Game after completing a Ruffles Tournament game.
- Michael Jordan’s tongue should now look a little more Mike-like
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:55 am

Andrew wrote:For the record, NBA Live 18 has had seven patches so far. Some of them have admittedly been fairly substantial content updates though, and things that 2K conversely seems to push through via the in-game "Updated Required" notification updates. As such, it's a little hard to compare.

In terms of the number of patches for either game, I guess it never looks good, but I'd rather fixes are pushed through regularly and as needed, instead of issues remaining unresolved for months. I also remember the days when games would only receive a couple of patches over the course of several months, and the last one ended up breaking something that was never fixed because there were no follow-up patches. NBA Live 10 is an example of that: Patch #2 messed up alley-oops and CPU opponent logic when the offensive play broke down. NBA Live 10 was a better game out of the box and after Patch #1 than it was after the second and final title update.

For me, one of the biggest problems with the NBA 2K patches is their size, at least on console. In all fairness, that's due to a need to include all of the previous updates for stability's sake, but with that in mind, it would be for the best if they ensured that each patch was a substantial update, as it's a pain to download two ~6 GB patches in the span of a month when they only include minor fixes. The other big issue is that every patch for NBA 2K seems to cause some technical problems, such as Patch 1.05 leading to random hangs in The Neighborhood and MyCAREER. It's the nature of software design, but it does feel like each patch causes more frustration. By comparison, NBA Live 18's track record has actually been pretty good in that department.

On the other hand, they're not doing a lot of tweaking to the gameplay with the patches for NBA 2K18. For better or worse, the experience has been reasonably consistent compared to last year. The nerf to zig zag cheese in Patch 1.05 was definitely welcome though. It was a very necessary fix, and they did fix it rather effectively.

Or, they can get it mostly right the first time (or completely right) and stop changing the experience over and over again, or trying to make up for blunders on release and making things worse somehow (Like with 2K17).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby voidjointx on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:33 am

Im glad that they finally fixed MJ's tongue game
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:32 am

EnterTheV01d wrote:Im glad that they finally fixed MJ's tongue game
[ Image ]

Shocking that they could get it right in NBA 2K11 (Which was released 7 years ago) but not now.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 am

Dommy73 wrote:Or years... There are still legacy issues.

No doubt. That'll be the subject of an upcoming feature, likely a Monday Tip-Off article.

Dee4Three wrote:Or, they can get it mostly right the first time (or completely right) and stop changing the experience over and over again, or trying to make up for blunders on release and making things worse somehow (Like with 2K17).

Ideally, absolutely.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:56 am

PC and PS4 patches are out now. First post has been updated accordingly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bongo88 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:37 pm

just a heads up,

patch 6 also contained many roster tendency edits. If any have been following/implementing vannwolfhawk tendency thread over at operationsports. 2k official roster that came with patch 6 contained many many edits that vannwolfhawk was fiddling with. tendency edits effect almost all players in the roster, from what i can see.
anyways, link to page 52 of Vannwolfhawk Tendency Thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... sm-52.html

post from vannwolfhawk on page 52 of that thread about the roster edits:
vannwolfhawk wrote:I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this. I give credit to Bed's as it looks like a ton of this was implemented throughout all of the tendencies in the new roster including 100 scales with a few things... Triple threats scaled to 100 with idle, pump & Jab's as well as 0 idle and 15 highest (although I changed that to 0-5 now),, drives scaled up, Size up's, Drive Aggression, Floaters down, stepback's at thresh point, mid range scaled, contested jumpers, Transition 3's vs spot up same scale, The ISO's scaled higher as I put them in, a ton of star players almost identical if not identical to how I have them, dish to open man redone and scaled higher, Play discipline scaled properly, Drive pull up's, Drive aggression all at 0, & face up and back down 100 scale... WOW! This is crazy! I see you bed's! Awesome stuff! You mean I just had to wait for it? Could have eliminated 2 1/2 months of work. LOL! It has to play different now... Still some things that make it off though with close and inside scales, post up's 1000x better with 100 scale, spot up mid, Drive right tendencies closer to 50, etc... But I would highly suggest trying this guys with all these things applied!

This is why these threads are great! If it can help change the game and 2k down the road everyone is better off whether its the sim crowd, casual crowd, or hardcore.... Glad we could help as a community! I just hope it's implemented to start next season out of the box...

it'll be interesting if the game plays/feels any different. seems like 2k put a bunch of effort into this roster, with some borrowed from vannwoflhawk, and some in-house tweaks.
which is good for me. as a pc player i was itching to get vanwolfhawk's xbox roster (i was slowly implementing the changes in the thread), but 2k officially updated their tendencies.
bongo88

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Interesting. Hopefully it'll yield some pleasing results.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:41 am

bongo88 wrote:it'll be interesting if the game plays/feels any different.

i was satisfied with my sliders.
I've just made one quick game with this new update. The game runs so fast now :shock: :? It seems so arcade.
Hopefully, got a backup, but i'm not sure it's an improvement.
sticky-fingers

Postby voidjointx on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Will patch 7 release on PC?
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:35 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't. The PC version has received all previous patches, albeit sometimes a couple of days to a week later.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 am

Patch 7 was just released. Coming soon to PC, just saw the release notes on FB.

Not that I play this game, ha.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 am

Been waiting for the notes to drop. I'll update the first post, and post a bulletin.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.07)

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Added the notes to the first post.

• Updated custom t-shirt kiosk coming!
  • Portland and San Antonio’s courts have been updated to properly match their real-world counterparts.
  • Lonzo Ball’s hairstyle has been updated to match his new look.
  • Fixed a bug where the number of timeouts left indication on the scorebug was resetting between quarters.
  • The correct amount of VC should now be displayed at the end of Ante-Up games.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when finishing a MyTEAM game with Spanish commentary enabled.
  • MyPLAYER theme song will now play during the starting lineups when one is set.
  • Fixed an issue where players 96 overall or higher would hang when the opposing team quits out of an active Pro-Am Team Arena game.
  • When you lose a walk-on game, you will now be returned to the front of the walk-on building rather than at the starting spawn point in the Neighborhood.
  • Defensive settings panel for OTFC will now function for AI players in Pro-Am games.
  • Fixed an issue in MyGM/MyLEAGUE where a trade that sent Two-Way players to a team whose roster is full can result in one or more of those players disappearing from the league.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:32 am

Released ?
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:10 am

On PS4 and X1, as noted in the first post. PC and Switch updates are coming soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:36 am

Thanx for the quick answer, with Steam Sales, Steam is pretty slow :?
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 am

Still no patch on PC yet, as far as I can see, but a Patch 1.08 has come through on PS4. No notes or anything as yet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.08)

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:32 am

So, 1.08 is out on PS4 and X1. From the looks of things it's a hotfix for 1.07, but I can't find any specifics. PC still waiting for 1.07 and 1.08.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18