Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Outscored 27-7 in the first quarter today. Ouch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:02 am

Dunn may have put up a stinker (1-11) vs the Thunder, but he looks more confident this year. His two games prior he looked much better.

I think he will be a heck of a player, just has some growing to do. His assist to turnover ratio leaves a lot to be desired, but sometimes I wonder how much that has to do with the offense in general. He needs to improve his 3 point shot if he is going to consistently take 2 to 3 a game.

Andrew, do you think Dunn becomes a legitimate starter in this league on a winning team someday? I think the skills are there, he just has to put the total package together.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:29 am

Valor wrote: Seeing as Paxson admitted that there’s no plan to get the two teammates in the same space to reconcile anything. and the onus to reconcile is on Mirotic, the victim, I'd say it would be handled differently on any other professional team. This is straight up pathetic.

Also, this quote from Portis is absolutely disgusting.
I’m a normal guy. I’m a guy that’s a high character guy, low maintenance guy. I’d welcome him in with open arms,” Portis said.

Really? You'd welcome him with open arms? Was that before or after you broke his face with a sucker punch that landed him in the hospital. High character? You blamed him not responding to your "efforts" to "reach out" after you broke his jaw cause you know, he literally couldn't speak at the time. What a fucking bitch.

really bizarre. perhaps the "cheap" shot wasn't as cheap as reported? you just dont know with this management. this awkwardness could last til Jan 15th when Niko becomes eligible to trade. if it comes to that i doubt Niko would veto any deal

tbh dont care what portis says. as long as the dude plays well, go crazy eyes
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:19 am

Dee4Three wrote:Andrew, do you think Dunn becomes a legitimate starter in this league on a winning team someday? I think the skills are there, he just has to put the total package together.

I'm not sold on him yet. I guess I can't fairly write him off this soon, but he's got a long way to go in that regard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:27 am

you could say that about the whole roster sans Lopez
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:43 am

Absolutely. As I said before, even the roster from 2001 looks pretty solid by comparison. Of course, we do have the benefit of hindsight there, knowing that certain players went on to become All-Stars and impact players. Still, if nothing else, Elton Brand was already a 20 and 10 player.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:15 am

Can't remember where that team finished in the standings but i think the ensuring draft was curry and trade for Tyson?

Glad to put the tank on hold. Caught the 2nd half and didn't regret it lol
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 am

That's the one. They went 15-67 on the season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 pm

air gordon wrote:Glad to put the tank on hold.

You spoke too soon. Grant puts up amazing numbers of 2 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists and we lose to the Suns. :lol:

Can anybody attempt to explain to me why Hoiberg thinks it's a good idea to keep starting Jerian Grant?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Why does no Bulls fans talk about Markkanen? He's actually playing like an above average big man already. Is this guy a new Dirk?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Valor wrote:Can anybody attempt to explain to me why Hoiberg thinks it's a good idea to keep starting Jerian Grant?

Is "It's Hoiberg" too concise and snarky of an answer? ;)

Another pretty decent outing from Dunn. I'm leery of getting too excited though, as I've felt burned by more than a couple of former Bulls players who have shown the proverbial flashes of brilliance (or at the very least, flashes of competence), only to ultimately disappoint. I'm still keeping an open mind of course, and hopefully it isn't a fluke. At the very least, I'd give him the opportunity to start ahead of Grant.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 pm

As I stated prior, I think they should hand the keys to Dunn. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. I think he's earned it over Grant at this point of the season.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:48 pm

I agree. Give him the opportunity, see what he can do.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Andrew wrote:
Valor wrote:Can anybody attempt to explain to me why Hoiberg thinks it's a good idea to keep starting Jerian Grant?

Is "It's Hoiberg" too concise and snarky of an answer? ;)

Nah, perfect.

Dunn starting +1. At any rate, he can't be worse than Grant or Payne.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm

And as Dee noted, there's really nothing to lose. They're likely to be terrible no matter what, so might as well see what he can do, whether he's a player worth holding onto.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:31 am

Valor wrote:
air gordon wrote:Glad to put the tank on hold.

You spoke too soon. Grant puts up amazing numbers of 2 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists and we lose to the Suns. :lol:

Can anybody attempt to explain to me why Hoiberg thinks it's a good idea to keep starting Jerian Grant?

nothing wrong with getting the tank moving again. a few other teams won so we still are on the bottom despite the win vs the hornets. tbh if they hit a few 3's maybe they win that game vs the suns

Grant reminds of the PG version of Zipser. he's "steady" and does a good job running the offense and is less turnover prone than Dunn.

i'm with getting more minutes for Dunn. there are just times when Dunn is out of control.

i can't imagine how worse the 2nd unit would be if you put grant with those guys. at least Dunn is getting the minutes late in games.

NovU wrote:Why does no Bulls fans talk about Markkanen? He's actually playing like an above average big man already. Is this guy a new Dirk?

what bulls fans? i hear about him a lot at work and at the gym. he certainly gets a lot of positive coverage by the local media
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 pm

I doubt Dunn is better than Grant. He imho is a worse player and starting Grant probably is for the best shot at winning by little margin. But I guess trying Dunn out as a starter won't hurt either way, either for tanking or for actually trying to win a game.

Cameron Payne, is the future. Let's go Bulls.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:51 am

Grant’s not a PG. he’s more suited as SG and feed off of opportunities created by a main playmaker (IE Butler last year).

Small sample size but this year Grant’s shooting has been worse than Dunn’s. And when he’s not hitting that little shred of aggressiveness is gone.

Obviously this is just the bulls biding their time until the great CP22 returns
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Good showing by Dunn. Perhaps you guys are right, he probably is the better.

Can't wait to see CP22 - Nwaba duo, top 3 backcourt duo in the nba.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Blakeney.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 am

Wow Stacey King made the most of his time to rip on Ball. thought ball did ok. Good effort, looked like Walton tried to get him some shots but just ended up missing open shots

Good loss last nite. Dunn making some plays, Valentine continues to play well (!), Blakeney earning his spot in the rotation

That 2nd half was garbage… really the bulls were doing their best to give the game away and finally the lakers cooperated in the 4th

Kudos to walton. Looked like their defensive gameplan was to limit Markkanen and they really stepped up the pressure overall in the 4th.

Also to Randle who seemed to be on the receiving end of a lot scores in the 1st half. Big spark in the 2nd half. Tbh thought the lakers should have run more plays for Ingram. Bulls have no one to counter him and his sweeping drives.

Back to the bulls- i thought hoiberg had some good sets for Markkanen in the 2nd half. The rook just ended up missing. Too bad the players panicked in the 4th and resorted to iso play from the perimeter but the tank continues to roll on.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:52 pm

air gordon wrote:Tbh thought the lakers should have run more plays for Ingram. Bulls have no one to counter him and his sweeping drives.

Towards the 4th when Clarkson & Randle are in there together, Ingram becomes a third option. It's basically PnR with Clarkson/Randle most of the time. Those two don't look to pass to anyone but each other most of the time. :|

Blakeny went off in the first half, god damn.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 am

Blakeney does have some pargo potential.

Too bad for Ingram....
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 am

A couple really solid games from Dunn.

11/28 vs Suns: 24 points, 10-16 FG, 5 Rebounds, 8 Assists and 4 Steals, 32 Minutes
11/30 vs Nuggets: 19 points, 9-11 FG, 5 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 Steal, 1 TO, 27 Minutes

He needs to show more consistency, but he has certainly shown improvement. Are you Bulls fans optimistic about Dunns progress and possible future?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 am

I'm still very cautiously optimistic. As I said before, we've been burned a couple of times by Bulls players who have shown flashes of brilliance/competence, only to not pan out in the long run. Difficult not to get a little hopeful about him, though. He's definitely got some skill; pleasingly, he's looking like he's a lot more of a player than Jonny Flynn, which was my worst case scenario.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball