2017-18 Daily Discussion

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: 2017-18 Daily Discussion

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Is this the first time the Lakers wore their Sunday home jersey on the road?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:39 pm

They wore white in Utah. The Raptors wore white when they played in LA, which was equally confusing. I don't think they're allowed to wear the purple "alternates" yet
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:07 am

Ed davis had 3 post ups in a row on kuzma i think. wth is kuzma that bad on defense?

i dont like turner's fit on portland. dude just wants to dribble in, make a spin move on smaller defenders. portland needs more 3pt shooting. especially with crabbe gone and aminu injured. vonleh stinks and harkless is good 1 every 5 games
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:26 am

Thoughts on Hayward-less Celtics so far?
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:52 am

air gordon wrote:Ed davis had 3 post ups in a row on kuzma i think. wth is kuzma that bad on defense?

i dont like turner's fit on portland. dude just wants to dribble in, make a spin move on smaller defenders. portland needs more 3pt shooting. especially with crabbe gone and aminu injured. vonleh stinks and harkless is good 1 every 5 games

Totally agree on Turner's Fit, and on Vonleh and Harkless. Harkless acts like he doesn't know what he wants to be. Sometimes he will attack on multiple posessions relentlessly (Not successful a lot of the time) and after he will go long stretches with literally doing nothing, acting like hes avoiding the ball. I don't get it, and it doesn't seem to matter which lineup is on the floor.

In regards to the Celtics without Hayward, we (yes we, I am a Celtics fan) are performing better defensively and on the boards so far this season because we are longer, even without him and Marcus Morris. Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum are combining for over 13 RPG, and the shared rebounding numbers from multiple positions is truly cool to see. For example, Rozer is averaging 5 rpg at the PG position, Baynes and Theis are both over 5 RPG, Marcus Smart at over 4 and Irving over 3. Tatum is surprisingly well adjusted on defense, his length and Brown's length allow them to guard multiple positions. Horford has looked the best I have ever seen him in his career, as comfortable as I have ever seen him. The chemistry on this team is top notch. The last 4 games Irving has really settled in, and he is so under control. The beauty of watching Irving play right now is the control part, to watch him pick and choose his spots wisely, the trust he has in his teammates, you can tell he is really enjoying himself.

Brad Stevens just knows how to get the job done, he does a great job keeping the right players on the floor at the right teams, switching looks on the fly defensively, trusting his players. He's not underrated as a coach anymore, it's nice to see everybody taking notice of how good of a coach he is.

I said this in another thread after Hayward went down, this team can still compete THIS YEAR. They can still challenge Cleveland, they could still come out of the east, The Cavs have a lot of one dimensional talent where if they get hot, they can get scary. But, they have so many holes defensively that they can be exploited (As you have seen early on this season).

So, Hayward-Less Celtics are fine. I almost think it's a blessing in disguise based on the fact that it has enhanced the minutes for the young guys, I think the same about Morris being out. it's given us a better look at Theis, Brown, Tatum etc.

Love the way the C's are playing.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:43 am

air gordon wrote:Ed davis had 3 post ups in a row on kuzma i think. wth is kuzma that bad on defense?

Kuzma isn't that bad on defense, he'll have difficulty guarding bigger guys in the post as he's more of a 3 than a stretch 4 imo
He contests hard on shots so it's not like he plays matador defense he just contests and the shots go in. I do agree he does get scored on a lot by both perimeter guys and post players but it's not for a lack of trying. Dude plays hard
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:12 am

fair enough. i don't get to watch western conf. teams as i much as i want to. just had to ask since seriously when is the last time ed davis had a play called for him in the post... 3 times no less?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Kyrie looks lost and can't get off his shot right now. Tatum looks really good, but that's about it for Boston.

Paul George is chucking up bricks, Melo isn't shooting much, and the Celtics are getting demolished. Westbrook is controlling every aspect of the game.

Hoping for a better second half from the C's.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Big game for LeBron, and he also becomes the youngest to score 29,000 points. It helps when you enter the league at 18, and get minutes right away which a lot of high schoolers didn't, but it still speaks for his longevity and ability to put the ball in the bucket. A lot of analysts get a bit silly about the age thing, not looking at the context and head start, but credit where it's due.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Always knew it was gonna be a close game between the current two best teams in the East, at the end Hawks prevailed.

Need Wade to shit more on the team tbh

Also, Harden with the most efficient 50 point game?
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:43 pm

I don't know about most efficient - we've seen some others like that - but it's probably up there.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 am

Oklahoma City sucks.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:53 am

Credit to Valor for the heads up on this one:

phpBB [video]

That may be one of the worst calls I've ever seen in the NBA.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:29 am

Is it just me or is no lead safe this year? Bunch of teams making a comeback after being 20 down
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 am

Threes and shit defending.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:30 am

Andrew wrote:Credit to Valor for the heads up on this one:

phpBB [video]

That may be one of the worst calls I've ever seen in the NBA.

This one I feel was absurd as well. It was called an AND 1 on the floor, but he got ejected.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:04 am

The one on Nurkic was a charge imho, but no flagrant. The one on Westbrook is ridculous.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am

And yet, the official Twitter account of the Referees Association sees fit to post this snarky garbage. Granted, there is a knee-jerk instinct to blame the referees when your team is losing and there's been a couple of iffy calls, but when they're making terrible blunders like the ones the Thunder have endured there, they're not in a position to talk trash.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Wade "-21" today.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:08 am

Not a true Rockets win unless they give their fans heart palpitations. That 18-point lead in the second quarter evaporated so quickly...
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Sauru on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:54 am

so it is obvious carmelo tried to hit him there. like he had to avoid going at the hoop to elbow the man in the mouth. now i dont think he wanted to elbow him in the face and probably was just trying to draw contact but he 100% initiated the contact and had to go out of his way to do it
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:01 am

hova- wrote:The one on Nurkic was a charge imho, but no flagrant. The one on Westbrook is ridculous.

It wasn't a charge, look where Nurkic is standing. He is right in the middle of the restricted area.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:56 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Wade "-21" today.

Bite me.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:13 pm

NovU wrote:
SoF'nAwesome wrote:Wade "-21" today.

Bite me.

No biggie. Isaiah Thomas will change everything and everyone.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 pm

It does stink to remain a Wade fan these days. Below 10pts per game, and his efficiency further dropped.

One of my other favorite Cavs Derrick Rose also has been stinking. Seems these cats are nearing the end. Sad times.

At least I expect Isaiah Thomas to be a very good fit, who is my only other likable Cav. Otherwise it's zero for three, and my love for Cavs is dead.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball