Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.13)

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.04)

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:33 am

Dee4Three wrote:I have been busy with modding 2K17 and 2K18 so I havnt had a chance to try this. Can anybody post a video of post patch gameplay on broadcast view?

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.04)

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Jumpshots do feel a little bit smoother to me. One could argue there's still room for improvement, but I feel like there's bit more fluidity there after the patch. Still a bit too much driving, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.05)

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:43 am

Added the notes for Patch 1.05 to the first post.

NBA Live 18 Patch 1.05

Release Dates

PlayStation 4: October 17th, 2017
Xbox One: October 17th, 2017

Patch Notes

Gameplay

• Tuned Slider impact for shot contest
  • Tuned Slider impact for off-dribble shooting
  • Restricted some on-the-run Dribble Moves for lower skilled players
The League

• Added new pre-game lobby in the League
  • Goals are now available in Pause Menu in the League
  • Fixed exploit where you could complete goals and gain stats when simming games in the League
  • New First Take videos are now seen in the League near the All-Star game and Playoffs
  • Updated signings and draft pick trades to match the NBA.
  • Tuned Playoff simulation
  • Adjusted wording of various goals.
Audio

• Updated Commentary
  • Fixed commentary for overtime games
  • Minor bug fixes
General stability improvements
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Looks like the Lakers' classic uniform has been fixed as well. As speculated, it's the Minneapolis jersey from the 40s/50s.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:31 am

Updated commentary? Interesting.

I've definitely noticed shooting has been more forgiving. Contested shots seem to affect me less and I'm able to move off the ball to get open shots now, which was not possible before. Free throws near the top of the bar but not green are no longer probable misses. They're calling shooting fouls now at the end of the release you can get bailed out now

Also I did notice before I was getting rewards for simming 2 or 3 season s in the league. I had become disgruntled losing in Dallas after sticking with them for 3 years or so. I had two terrible years signing with Denver and Sacramento as I could never find a team that I could win with. The stars weren't very aggressive and the subs would get killed when I leave. Then I signed with Toronto and lowry got moved to the bench which helped when I was out. I started the season with a very good record but then decided to sim 10-15 games and lost them all

The update happened and what's interesting is that there are no more subs. I feel derozan is much more aggressive and is actually useful now to help get buckets when we need them. Teammates didnt really do much before. Played through the season and clawed my way to the playoffs for the first time in like 6 seasons. 8 seed going against LeBron and the cavs. First two in Cleveland we'd be keeping up but then at one point we'd get killed by turnovers and them making like all layups inside. Wound up winning the next 3 so I'm excited for the second round
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:55 pm

The game has certainly improved since it's first release. I still have a bit of an issue with some delay in the animations, slight delay when hitting a button, but overall the game feels better. Stepping into shots feels slightly better.

One thing that's a little frustrating is the players skills kind of just blending together, I have the same success with basically everything with Oladipo as Harden, and mostly the same with Evan Turner (except threes). I can get to the hoop and score at a high rate with Turner, which is fine... but I basically can go to him whenever I want.

I usually win the UT challenges by 20 or 30 in very low minutes, which is fine.. I get it.. some of the challenges are on lower difficulty. But, sometimes I wish I could extend out the games a bit more, or change the game speed, etc. I wish we had those options in UT. I played an exhibition game though and the gameplay feels the same as UT, which is a good thing. I heard last year the gameplay in UT was different than exhibition.

As stated prior, I enjoy playing against the CPU more in this game than 2K18. The Ultimate Team mode is indeed fun, and I've even considered starting a season on this game. Couldn't say the same for 16.

I worry about starting a season, and trades or signings happening. As in, If I started my season tomorrow, and Bledsoe gets traded a week from now, my season will have him on the Suns. That's the problem with lack of roster editing, or lack of multi-team use in Franchise mode. If I could select all the teams like in 2K, I could atleast trade Bledsoe to the right team in my franchise mode.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:35 am

UT plays noticeably slower than the league. Yeah most challenges are on rookie or pro which are winnable with a team of bronzes which is nice so you don't have to have an all star team to win in the mode.

I did try the Lakers what if with no gold or elites allowed and it was a fun challenge. I actually had to think about my team picks, coaching settings, rotations and defensive matchups. I pulled out a bunch of silvers that I had gotten but never had any reason to use until now. Playing against Dwight and cp3 on superstar difficulty was tough. It came down to the last shot to tie and I missed, so I swapped Ingram for Roberson and put him on cp3 on defense. Won it on the next try

If I were you I'd wait until after the bledsoe trade before starting a season. Problem is it might take a couple weeks to happen. I would admit it was weird playing the league and playing against melo on the knicks
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 am

[Q] wrote:UT plays noticeably slower than the league. Yeah most challenges are on rookie or pro which are winnable with a team of bronzes which is nice so you don't have to have an all star team to win in the mode.

I did try the Lakers what if with no gold or elites allowed and it was a fun challenge. I actually had to think about my team picks, coaching settings, rotations and defensive matchups. I pulled out a bunch of silvers that I had gotten but never had any reason to use until now. Playing against Dwight and cp3 on superstar difficulty was tough. It came down to the last shot to tie and I missed, so I swapped Ingram for Roberson and put him on cp3 on defense. Won it on the next try

If I were you I'd wait until after the bledsoe trade before starting a season. Problem is it might take a couple weeks to happen. I would admit it was weird playing the league and playing against melo on the knicks

I played that What If game last night, I won. I didn't activate Jalen Rose for it because I felt good about just winning it. It put me at 11-0. I would have posted the game, but the recorder I use didn't work, so that was a bummer.

I got Nurkic in the pack, so not bad. Dwight beat me up a little in the first half, but he didn't do anything in the second. CP3 didn't do anything. I literally just played my starting 5 the whole game, because they didn't get tired... I wish I had to implement a little more strategy, but if they are not tired and playing well.. might as well keep them out there. I had a couple sweet oops to Oladipo.

And yeah, the speed. Again I wish we could adjust that in Ultimate Team. Watching the Clippers game last night, the NBA is so fast, the speed up and down the floor is very fast. We can't emulate that in Live, kind of a bummer.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:58 am

There were two similar challenges. I did the one that didn't allow gold or elites for the Lakers gold pack. I was hoping for a kuzma card or at least a Randle and I got a Nance.

Game speed in the league was pretty fast though. I'd turn the ball over and I would not be able to catch up to the guards on the break. It was crazy, the superstars played like it to the point where giannis was a huge mismatch against my sf so I doubled him to get the ball out of his hands
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:21 am

Yeah, I did the one for the silver pack, I think I did the same one.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:25 am

The lack of fatigue/substitutions is a bit of a downer. It defeats the purpose of building a good team; as long as you have a couple of players that can rack up points and can defend adequately, you can leave them in all game and win.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 pm

I just played a myteam game against the Raptors, and played an exhibition game. And it's true, the game is slower and not as reactive on myteam as in exhibition, which is dissapointing.

I enjoyed the exhibition game more...

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.06)

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 am

New patch is out.

NBA Live 18 Patch 1.06

Release Dates

PlayStation 4: November 3rd, 2017
Xbox One: November 3rd, 2017

Patch Notes

Xbox One Only

• Xbox One X Support for NBA LIVE 18
Both Platforms

• # LIVESTRIKE
  • General stability Fixes
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Lol what is livestrike

First thing I noticed is that when I played a game in Ultimate Team, Lakers jerseys got swapped so purple is away and gold is home. I'm sure other people suggested this but I mentioned that they should swap jerseys in a few places on the internet.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm guessing we'll find out soon enough.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 am

Andrew wrote:New patch is out.

NBA Live 18 Patch 1.06

Release Dates

PlayStation 4: November 3rd, 2017
Xbox One: November 3rd, 2017

Patch Notes

Xbox One Only

• Xbox One X Support for NBA LIVE 18
Both Platforms

• # LIVESTRIKE
  • General stability Fixes

Well, don't know about anyone else, but the "notes" don't tell me anything.

What the heck is livestrike?
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:16 am

Yeah, that's something that probably should've been announced ahead of time. More detailed patch notes wouldn't go astray, either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 am

Well yeah, they act like there's nothing else changed other than "general stability fixes" but like i pointed out there's more to it than that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:16 pm

And it's worth noting those changes, because they're positives.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Could do with a few more patch notes on what Livestrike is and a roster update wouldn't of hurt either.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 pm

It's sounding like #LIVESTRIKE is the crossover content with Star Wars. That's what people are saying on Twitter, at any rate, and it's the new content that EA Sports themselves are touting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:15 am

Which was a bit underwhelming. I logged on last night to check out all the cool stuff they touted only to find a live event for arm sleeves...
Looks like it'll be like the play style events spread out over time
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:55 am

Agreed. It's cool and all, but considering it was the one of the few patch notes that were released, it invited hope for something more substantial. A New Hope, if you will.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:43 am

Correction: EA are still teasing LIVESTRIKE, so it wasn't the Stars Wars event.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Iam starting to wonder if "Livestrike" is that the Live team are simply on strike judging by the roster updates... Iam all in favour for new content but at least take care of your current stuff first.
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18