Earl Watson fired after 0-3 start

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Earl Watson fired after 0-3 start

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 am

Earl Watson fired after 0-3 start.

And, David Aldridge reported that he stormed into the Phoenix Suns locker room to fight Eric Bledsoe, who tweeted an hour before the firing "I don't want to be here".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/10/22/report-phoenix-suns-fire-head-coach-earl-watson-after-teams-0-3-start
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Earl Watson fired after 0-3 start

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:33 am

Look, other teams can try, but at the end of the day, the Bulls and Knicks are still the frontrunners gunning for the "Most Dysfunctional" crown.

As I said in the other thread, with the Suns destined to have a tough season, the notion that Watson would be fired at some point likely wasn't far-fetched. A record three games into the season is surprising, though. Clearly, there was a strong locker room revolt brewing if he's not even being given a chance beyond the first week of the season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:55 am

I mean, the Clippers were up by close to 60 at one point last game. That should never happen in an NBA game, especially considering that while young overall, the Suns do have some talent on that team. Booker and Bledsoe are good and capable players, and Tyson Chandler is a smart player, and a veteran at that center position.

I understand losing by 20-25, but losing by almost 50 in 2 out of 3 games... ouch.

We can't put it all on the coach, but clearly they knew something had to be done sooner rather than later. Eric Bledsoe is one rugged guy, Watson might want to think twice about fighting him.

The Suns will be looking for a new coach more than likely, who do you guys like as a replacement?

Would you give McHale a call?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:00 am

so bledsoe got watson fired and now bledsoe is out? i dont know andrew the suns are really trying their best to get into the same league as the bulls and knicks
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:27 am

It's an admirable effort, I'll give them that. If they really want to vie for that distinction though, now that they've obviously blown their leverage in terms of trading Bledsoe, they need to deal him for Cameron Payne.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jwin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Andrew wrote:It's an admirable effort, I'll give them that. If they really want to vie for that distinction though, now that they've obviously blown their leverage in terms of trading Bledsoe, they need to deal him for Cameron Payne.

nice try Andrew, but that would only happen if the suns hire Jim Paxson
jwin

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

LOL Bledsoe's excuse for the tweet was that he was at the hair salon and didn't want to be there :lol:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:21 pm

jwin wrote:
Andrew wrote:It's an admirable effort, I'll give them that. If they really want to vie for that distinction though, now that they've obviously blown their leverage in terms of trading Bledsoe, they need to deal him for Cameron Payne.

nice try Andrew, but that would only happen if the suns hire Jim Paxson

It was worth a shot. Damn GarPax.

[Q] wrote:LOL Bledsoe's excuse for the tweet was that he was at the hair salon and didn't want to be there :lol:

Yeah, doesn't seem like anyone's buying that one. Better to just come out and own it, and apologise.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:41 pm

[Q] wrote:LOL Bledsoe's excuse for the tweet was that he was at the hair salon and didn't want to be there :lol:

He must have found out that he could be traded to the Knicks.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jeffx on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:04 pm

shadowgrin wrote:

He must have found out that he could be traded to the Knicks.

Knicks need to stay away from Bledsoe.....just rebuild.
Jeffx

Return to NBA & Basketball