Lottery Reform, Fines for Resting Healthy Players

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lottery Reform, Fines for Resting Healthy Players

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:26 am

NovU wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:So why is this happening? my frustration is the constant "we don't go backwards with this stuff", the constant talk about advancements to how players eat, the medicine they take, the amount of rest they get, the amount of games they play, etc. I don't see the results, I see a lot of injuries, and it has begun that way this year as well.

What result are you asking for? Result is they are prepared better to compete in modern era bball and benefit from modern era training/rehab tech with accumulated data. players still get injured more because of the way games are played today and how more players push themselves over the limit now days due to the competition asking for it. Why is this not obvious to you?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/acl- ... t-no-more/

Players do not push themselves more because of the competition. That is ridiculous, games were ultra intense in the 90s. Same with the first statement. The games are played with less contact and more outside shooting, so that statement doesn't make sense either. I disagree entirely with both of those statements.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:35 am

shadowgrin wrote:I'm with Jao on this one, fuck the home crowd, the away team and its star players don't owe them shit.

If Celtics fans want to see transcendent player future HoF Lonzo Ball then go to LA, they have 41 chances to do it within 6 months.

So do you think that ticket prices against those teams should be jacked up the way they are? Or that ticket prices should remain mostly neutral against any team?

Fuck the fans is a good one, considering without the fans the league doesn't exist. Would you like no NBA to exist?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 pm

I was referring to teams resting their players in away games, my post or the one I'm agreeing to said nothing about ticket prices.
Now fuck off if you can't comprehend that, I'm in no mood to engage in an idiotic discussion with you considering you can't even answer one simple question from a past discussion or your idea of discussion is playing the victim card and resorting to insults when you can't answer a question, had enough of that shit from retards in the past. I'll keep replying "fuck off" every time you bother to address any of my posts again.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:42 pm

shadowgrin wrote:I was referring to teams resting their players in away games, my post or the one I'm agreeing to said nothing about ticket prices.
Now fuck off if you can't comprehend that, I'm in no mood to engage in an idiotic discussion with you considering you can't even answer one simple question from a past discussion or your idea of discussion is playing the victim card and resorting to insults when you can't answer a question, had enough of that shit from retards in the past. I'll keep replying "fuck off" every time you bother to address any of my posts again.

The ticket prices was a question, I didn't say you agreed with the ticket prices. Geesh, sensitive much?

What a pleasant fellow.

The pleasant legend lives on.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Dee4Three wrote:What a pleasant fellow.

Fuck off.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:44 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:What a pleasant fellow.

Fuck off.

Legendary.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Fuck off.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Anybody else want to continue the discussion about ticket prices, injuries, etc?

No worries if not.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Players do not push themselves more because of the competition. That is ridiculous, games were ultra intense in the 90s. Same with the first statement. The games are played with less contact and more outside shooting, so that statement doesn't make sense either. I disagree entirely with both of those statements.

lol, dejavu. So you are being a butthurt and created this whole new thread just so you can say this piece again. When none of folks agreed to your view that 90s and 80s were far superior in every way possible, it bothered you so much, you created this thread so you could lure people into practically same shitty discussion with you just being moronic at every turn with absolute dead logic. Hell yeah! You are still saying same shit in different thread, lol. Still NO, I dont agree, I am sure no one does again. Now please...

Fuck off.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:26 pm

NovU wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Players do not push themselves more because of the competition. That is ridiculous, games were ultra intense in the 90s. Same with the first statement. The games are played with less contact and more outside shooting, so that statement doesn't make sense either. I disagree entirely with both of those statements.

lol, dejavu. So you are being a butthurt and created this whole new thread just so you can say this piece again. When none of folks agreed to your view that 90s and 80s were far superior in every way possible, it bothered you so much, you created this thread so you could lure people into practically same shitty discussion with you just being moronic at every turn with absolute dead logic. Hell yeah! You are still saying same shit in different thread, lol. Still NO, I dont agree, I am sure no one does again. Now please...

Fuck off.

Ahh yes, the lies continue. I did not create this thread.

And, I never said the 80's and 90's were far superior in every way, in fact I said the ball handling is absolutely better today. Lie #2. LIE #3 was stating I changed my stance on the Celtics.

Using "butthurt" makes you sound like a child, I can only imagine how you talk in real life.

And the "fuck off" mantra by the band of brothers is just a way for you know it alls to skip out on a conversation. So every time you use it, I laugh a little.

Anymore lies NovU? You are on a roll here.

I came in here to talk about injuries, ticket prices, resting players, etc.

I was told that they must know more about the injuries than I do because I am not in the profession, therefore I shouldn't question it. So that was something I contested (rightly so), and I also contested the advancements language in hope I would receive some data or results that show said advancements. Perfectly acceptable areas to contest. My question to shadowgrin about the fans mattering was perfectly legit, because he stated "Fuck the home crowd", and the "away team doesn't owe them shit". My question for those who think that way is, if the game is global, the big sponsors are global, and the fans are what keep the league alive and pay the players paychecks by supporting the product, how is "Fuck the home crowd", or Jao's stance, acceptable or make any sense?

I'd love to just stay on topic if you folks would like. Or, if not, we don't have to talk about it at all. But don't lie to make your stance stronger. I'm good with bowing out of this one.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 pm

The topic was done and dead. Haven't we discussed about this awhile back? Why would you want further disagreement to your nonsensical claims? Is just beyond my understanding.

Make your say and leave it at that. You seem to have issues people disagreeing to your views.

My issue here was you damn spinning around the topic to repeat saying what you said before. Quit doing this, buddy. It don't help your cause, at all. I am telling you this for your own sake. ;)
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 pm

NovU wrote:The topic was done and dead. Haven't we discussed about this awhile back? Why would you want further disagreement to your nonsensical claims? Is just beyond my understanding.

Make your say and leave it at that. You seem to have issues people disagreeing to your views.

My issue here was you damn spinning around the topic to repeat saying what you said before. Quit doing this, buddy. It don't help your cause, at all. I am telling you this for your own sake. ;)

Quit telling lies to strengthen your stance, you will be caught in them by someone who is paying attention. You know, I'm only telling you this for your own sake :)

And that is the point of a discussion and debate. If someone says something that you may not agree with, you discuss your point of view and look for a back and forth that gives clarity to the discussion. You considered this discussion dead, I did not. We were talking about multiple things (outlined above), that I believe were important topics to discuss, and I still do. The injuries and fan importance are two very important topics.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:53 am

How does one lie in the internet? Wouldn't that be easily caught by just checking a previous comment in the thread? :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:How does one lie in the internet? Wouldn't that be easily caught by just checking a previous comment in the thread? :lol:

It happens because either the person making the fib or fibs didn't read the entirety of the posts they are commenting on, or missed posts, or chose only a part of the posts to pay attention to. Or, they believe it will strengthen a stance and maybe the party commenting won't notice, or.. they are just flying off the handle without thinking first.

A lot of reasons to why one would lie on the internet.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 am

Dee4Three wrote:You considered this discussion dead, I did not.

Everyone did, until you brought it up again in this thread. Seems to me you're upset for not being agreed last time.

Dee4Three wrote:We were talking about multiple things (outlined above), that I believe were important topics to discuss, and I still do. The injuries and fan importance are two very important topics.

You have no logic neither sound points but just randomly saying things that do not have any relevancy to our universe. Issue here really is simple. Say your piece and quit crying like a bitch because you are not agreed. Bigger problem here is you say shits that are so stupid it's really tough to agree or see the point. You question about injuries happening to more players, there are obvious conceivable reasons yet you refuse to read any of it. This would be ok if you have any solid counter point but all you do is go out on people with "OH, I don't see that, why?" attitude. Rather I want you to make a point rather than challenging people.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 am

Novu, still ignoring the fact that he makes shit up as he goes along, and lies.

I use plenty of my own points in discussions, and a back and forth is part of a discussion.

Oh, and things like my disagreement with Jao about how all teams/organizations and the league should care about the players who are put out there for the fans, because without the fans the league doesn't exist, that absolutely is relevant in this "universe" as you put it. So are the injuries that have been taking place over the last few years, the sheer number of them, that's also relevant in this "universe". Those are the topics I was going over.

And btw, the "why" is a major part of a discussion, a debate. It's where we come up with resources to backup our points, or to strengthen them. It's the attempt at understanding an important issue. The why's are absolutely a major part of discussion and debates in general.

Let's move on. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm not participating in it anymore.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stress Fracture on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:00 am

If you want to see advancements you just have to look at the Phoenix Suns.

So you say ligament tears can be easily avoided just because of medicinal advancements? One athlete may still get one with just a bad fall.

Stop being stuck in the 90s and with your hurr durr stop pampering players hurr durr shit.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:56 am

Stress Fracture wrote:If you want to see advancements you just have to look at the Phoenix Suns.

So you say ligament tears can be easily avoided just because of medicinal advancements? One athlete may still get one with just a bad fall.

Stop being stuck in the 90s and with your hurr durr stop pampering players hurr durr shit.

That's not what it is at all.

Using "hurr durr" twice in one sentence was garbage. Not once did I say ligament tears could be easily avoided. In regards to serious falls, I didn't mention Gordon Hayward in that mix of players because that fall was 1 in 100,000 falls probably. I'm talking about the sheer number of injuries, and so many taking place even in the first week of the season. Also, we are seeing these injuries happen, they are not just fake reported injuries to give players rest.

The fact that injury numbers have gone up, while minutes have gone down, is my contest.

The only person you make look stupid when you go "hurr durr" is yourself by the way.

You guys have to get off the "stuck in the 90's" stuff. I LOVE the NBA in the early, mid and late 2000s, and clearly still enjoy it now. That doesn't mean that i don't think the players are pampered, and that I don't think injuries are happening too frequent, etc. I could say the same for you guys that you are biased towards the now NBA, but have I thrown that out at you? No.. because that's not the way to go about things.

"Oh you think this player is better because you like older basketball more", no... here are the reasons I like this player better. "You are saying players are getting injured more because you are stuck in the 90s", no, I provided a link that showed the spike in injuries from the early 90's til now, and I wanted to discuss why there was like a 100% increase in them in some years, and wanted to see if there was more data out there that showed something different. And, I wanted to call out the fact that just because we are in 2017, removed 25 years from some of what I am discussing, doesn't mean that now practices are actually better. Setbacks happen, and not all attempts at advancement are successful.

Kobe and Pierce both have made it known that they consider the NBA now spoiled, and pampered, not enough tough players, and they just retired recently. Barkley and others have said the same thing. Are Kobe and Pierce somehow "stuck in the 90's" as well? No. If you were sitting in front of one of them would you go "hurr durr" for calling the now NBA more pampered and less tough? Yeah right... of course you wouldnt. The stuck in the 90s or stuck in the past mantra is used so often just because it's a way to call someone's POV biased, seldom does it ever come with any facts.

Just like me being bent out of shape that Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Reggie Miller are in the new NBA top 50, and Clyde Drexler was removed. I live an hour outside of Boston, and am a huge Celtics fan. I love Pierce and Allen (Well, Allen is a tough one), but when I saw they were on that list and Drexler wasnt, I was furious. So wait.. the people calling me biased towards the Celtics (which I havn't shown) will just stay silent while I make my claim on Drexler because it doesn't suit the "Biased towards the Celtics" mantra. Miller and Allen were better shooters than Drexler, but he was better at literally everything else. I have stated that A LOT of players in the now NBA would be successful in any decade, but we will stay silent on that because it doesn't suit the "He's biased towards the 90s" garbage.

You guys can't seem to see the big picture in this discussion or others, because you are so quick to label. Let's look at the big picture of the topics we go over.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 am

In regards to lottery reform, can't happen sooner. Phoenix is an embarrassment
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Says the Bulls fan.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:35 am

touche

bulls havent been losing a game by 60... yet :proud:
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:35 am

Dee4Three wrote:That's not what it is at all.

Using "hurr durr" twice in one sentence was garbage. Not once did I say ligament tears could be easily avoided. In regards to serious falls, I didn't mention Gordon Hayward in that mix of players because that fall was 1 in 100,000 falls probably. I'm talking about the sheer number of injuries, and so many taking place even in the first week of the season. Also, we are seeing these injuries happen, they are not just fake reported injuries to give players rest.

The fact that injury numbers have gone up, while minutes have gone down, is my contest.

The only person you make look stupid when you go "hurr durr" is yourself by the way.

You guys have to get off the "stuck in the 90's" stuff. I LOVE the NBA in the early, mid and late 2000s, and clearly still enjoy it now. That doesn't mean that i don't think the players are pampered, and that I don't think injuries are happening too frequent, etc. I could say the same for you guys that you are biased towards the now NBA, but have I thrown that out at you? No.. because that's not the way to go about things.

"Oh you think this player is better because you like older basketball more", no... here are the reasons I like this player better. "You are saying players are getting injured more because you are stuck in the 90s", no, I provided a link that showed the spike in injuries from the early 90's til now, and I wanted to discuss why there was like a 100% increase in them in some years, and wanted to see if there was more data out there that showed something different. And, I wanted to call out the fact that just because we are in 2017, removed 25 years from some of what I am discussing, doesn't mean that now practices are actually better. Setbacks happen, and not all attempts at advancement are successful.

Kobe and Pierce both have made it known that they consider the NBA now spoiled, and pampered, not enough tough players, and they just retired recently. Barkley and others have said the same thing. Are Kobe and Pierce somehow "stuck in the 90's" as well? No. If you were sitting in front of one of them would you go "hurr durr" for calling the now NBA more pampered and less tough? Yeah right... of course you wouldnt. The stuck in the 90s or stuck in the past mantra is used so often just because it's a way to call someone's POV biased, seldom does it ever come with any facts.

Just like me being bent out of shape that Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Reggie Miller are in the new NBA top 50, and Clyde Drexler was removed. I live an hour outside of Boston, and am a huge Celtics fan. I love Pierce and Allen (Well, Allen is a tough one), but when I saw they were on that list and Drexler wasnt, I was furious. So wait.. the people calling me biased towards the Celtics (which I havn't shown) will just stay silent while I make my claim on Drexler because it doesn't suit the "Biased towards the Celtics" mantra. Miller and Allen were better shooters than Drexler, but he was better at literally everything else. I have stated that A LOT of players in the now NBA would be successful in any decade, but we will stay silent on that because it doesn't suit the "He's biased towards the 90s" garbage.

You guys can't seem to see the big picture in this discussion or others, because you are so quick to label. Let's look at the big picture of the topics we go over.

What are you even saying?

Just shut up and tell us why minutes gone down and injuries went up already. While you are at it, tell us how modern advancements/science doesn't help athletes and past way is better.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:38 am

NovU, I've been done with you for a few days now.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:47 am

ok we get it. get a room already
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:00 am

No you slimy shitface, don't you dodge the question again.

Tell us in your own words/opinion.

1) why minutes gone down and injuries went up
2) modern advancements/science (= or <) past shit

No fucking dicking around. You literally pissed on every person's opinion with 1000s words of nothing/no point. Please... for fucks sake, do IT.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball