[Scoreboards] - Lab || ESPN update 2.6 REGULAR, PLAYOFFS, FINALS ||

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Scoreboards] - Laboratory

Postby bongo88 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Move left/right on x-axis
should work with Quarter time left, home/away score, home/away team name tricode, Quarter period, shotclock, maybe other things. Anywhere on original png resource where i wrot.... "moved left" i noticed has similar hex numbers.

these are the hex readings can take an element accross whole screen... pretty nice.
20 8C C4 is around the left edge of screen.......00 E2 C3 is the middle.... 00 E2 BE is the right of screen.
number is inverted (backwards?), and treat the "C4" spot as a whole number

C4 XX 20 .... "C4" is whole number, the "xx" can be any hex value between 0-FF (hex) like a decimal (4.1,4.2,4.3, etc).... not sure what the "20" slot is, it was needed on left side of screen for number to showup, dunno.

Had the day off, i'll make one for the y-axis in a few days, unless someone else does it first.
bongo88

Postby Manni Live on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 pm

bongo88, youre a saint! when i get some time im gonna give this a try! thanks for the research

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby dirtydraw on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:45 pm

bongo88 wrote:[ Image ]

should work with Quarter time left, home/away score, home/away team name tricode, Quarter period, shotclock, maybe other things. Anywhere on original png resource where i wrot.... "moved left" i noticed has similar hex numbers.

these are the hex readings can take an element accross whole screen... pretty nice.
20 8C C4 is around the left edge of screen.......00 E2 C3 is the middle.... 00 E2 BE is the right of screen.

C4 XX 20 .... "C4" is whole number, the "xx" can be any hex value between 0-FF (hex) like a decimal (4.1,4.2,4.3, etc).... not sure what the "20" slot is, it was needed on left side of screen for number to showup, dunno.

Had the day off, i'll make one for the y-axis in a few days, unless someone else does it first.

Bang bang bang. What a guy. Great work.
Would you give the ESPN scoreboard a try? I have different textures. If you want I could share them.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby bongo88 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 am

I just figured this out. speeds the process up a bunch.
Start a basketball game (celtics vs warriors), wait for tipoff, then wait for the scoreboard to load on the screen.
Then alt tab out of 2k (or run 2k in windowed mode) and make some hex changes, then go back to 2k and enter them menu, but dont "Quit" instead Select "rematch". takes about 5 seconds to hit tipoff and the scoreboard iffs will refresh.
Speeds the hex editing process up a bunch. I was quiting game and waiting for a new game through all the preload stuff. Now you can just do rematch from the menu, abt 5 seconds to see the hex changes.

*edit- Oh, i keep a shortcut to the modded folder newscoreboard.iff on the desktop. then i have the file i'm hexing on the desktop too. i make some hex changes, save hex changes, then double click the newscoreboard.iff shortcut to open the 7zip window, then drag and drop the hex file into the window. Then do the "rematch" thing in the 2k game menu. that process speeds it up a bunch.
bongo88

Postby dirtydraw on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm

I will give it a try when I have more time. Actually my work is eating most of my free time. I think on weekend or the following week. Your tips are very good. I prepared myself now with a hex to decimal sheet and will go deeper into that stuff.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby exrxixxx on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:57 am

Great guys. I will try to appear here more often to help you. The problem of inactivity is very boring: job, family, dog and cats, alcohol...
So, I understand you eager to notice clues and find answer - I promise to help you, just do not blame me hard my passiveness here.

Earliest what I can promise - tomorrow will try to explore this thread deeper and write some answers/commens. GL GL

Probably the most important at this level is how to move (enlarge or decrease) letters and digits of the scoreboard. So, we will start from here.
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread

Postby exrxixxx on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 am

bongo88 wrote:[ Image ]

Good.
You have mentioned X coordinates 20 8C C4.
It is not healthy use just three hexes. They are four actually. FOUR almost everywhere.
You have to use expression of XX XX XX XX, in your case 00 20 8C C4 (I do not know if in your case it was 00).

So, X coordinates are
00 20 8C C4
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAY. The next four bytes are Y coordinates.
Example: 00 20 8C C4 00 00 00 3F (the first four bytes X coord., the next four Y coord.)

Answer to what is number "20".
I have to open my hex editor to tell you exactly, but the princip is that
-- -- -- XX (these are like thousands)
-- -- XX -- (these are like hundreds)
-- XX -- -- (these are like tens)
XX -- -- -- (the are like single digits)

Therefore you barely can notice difference between
00 20 8C C4
and
00 00 8C C4

HINTS:
a) always test -- -- XX -- or/and -- -- -- XX. This will give you quick estimation if something have moved on the screen (because these are "hundreds" and "thousands"

b) Example, this is a <<<--------- MIDDLE OF X AXXIS--------->>>
If we talk about "thousands"... it should like this:

C4 C3 C2 C1 C0 - MIDDLE OF X AXXIS - 40 41 42 43 44

This tells you that "thousands" C3 and C4 will move something significantly to left of of the screen, and 43, 44 to the right.
Number C2, C1, C0 and 42, 41, 40 will move less.

After you have moved to about correct zone, try to adjust "hundreds" (-- -- XX --), then tens if needed (-- XX -- --).
You may forget the "singles", they can not be noticed on the screen.

c) If you want to move something outside of the monitors visible area, use C5 or C6 (LEFT) and 44 or 45 or 46, etc. (RIGHT)

------------
All this stuff of course works with Y coordinates, which are always the next four bytes right from the X.
exrxixxx

Postby bongo88 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 pm

exrxixxx wrote:So, X coordinates are
00 20 8C C4
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAY. The next four bytes are Y coordinates.
Example: 00 20 8C C4 00 00 00 3F (the first four bytes X coord., the next four Y coord.)

Thanks for Commenting. Now that you mentioned this detail, i looked over my png notes, and it was very apparent, lol. oh well, that's what i get doing hex editing sick.. fuzzy brain, lol :)

Anyways,
i am sick with the flu last night and today, so worked on my png notations. I have moved around most elements of the scoreboard, i believe. (except that blasted away/home logo)
the png are messy, but somewhat legible. Exrxixxx, if you could glance through them, we'd appreciate it here in this thread.

anybody can write whatever notes they want on these png and post it back here. I use png to visually keep things organized.

One question that i've wondred about. lets take background scoreboard as an example.
starts shaped good texture ratio... no stretching...
but when moving it around screen the texture gets stretched along x-axis or along y-axis. Is there any way to keep a good texture ratio mathematically... or did you just eyball the texture when it looked like no stretching.

Anyways, everybody, take a look at these png files for moving scoreboard elements. maybe exrxixxx can look through them, too, when you have time.

(and for the love of all things holy, moving foul markers one by one is pure tortue [you'll see] we gotta find a way to streamline that procedure)
thanks

*edit: some notes. these png should be adequate to make new scoreboards. havent made a proper x-axis; y-axis guide. I included a few notes about x-axis;y-axis. and exrxixxx posts are super helpful about that.
also, The Foul Box that pops up when foul, then disappears when no foul. I could make the foul box texture wider and taller, can move it left/right on x-axis (i just stretch texture way far left then bring other side of texture also left), but moving the foul box up/down on the Y-axis i cannot do.
so, because of inability to move Foul Box on y-axis, if you want your scoreboard at bottom of screen, start with nbav6 or root as base. If you want it higher up in screen, start with tntv3 as base because the Foul box is in different positions. maybe exrxixxx can share about moving foul box properly, if he has time.

Welp, if you gonna try to make a scoreboard, then place scoreboard texture where u want it first, then fill in the elements like team name, score, clock, etc they easy to move and fun. Then do team color boxes, they a little troublesome but not to bad. (i still cant move away/home logos very well, see below post) Then, do Foul markers last, until we streamline the foul mark procedure with some simple math about spacing, its horrible moving those small things one by one. 7 fouls for both teams; 14 total: very tedious, but may a simple procedure with math spacing.

can change font names and font color with the .scn files. simplest way is to take xx.scn from tnt scorboard and the same xx.scn from nba or root scoreboard, and put them in diffchecker.com....... here's an example i did earlier...https://www.diffchecker.com/GF9dDcLd makes it easy to see what has changed. also use xx.scn for moving file box words (like personal foul) around screen.
good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bongo88 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:38 pm

I was having trouble moving the Away/Home Logo. image below is a very big image.

https://i.imgur.com/hJL89DI.png

if anybody can take a look and make a guide, that'd be swell. had a sick day today. I'll be busy for a little bit.
I was working on moving around the Away Logo... hadn't got around to moving the Home logo yet.
thanks
bongo88

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 am

bongo88 wrote:I was having trouble moving the Away/Home Logo. image below is a very big image.

https://i.imgur.com/hJL89DI.png

if anybody can take a look and make a guide, that'd be swell. had a sick day today. I'll be busy for a little bit.
I was working on moving around the Away Logo... hadn't got around to moving the Home logo yet.
thanks

Moving logos is very tricky. Will not explain why and how at this stage
exrxixxx

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 am

There was note about inability to switch to another font.
As I did not buy k18 yet, I just may presume it's the same as last year.

English.iff
Rename to zip and exctract (winrar, 7zip or any other)
Find a file: VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE.VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE
Open with a notepad.
This will open a list of all the fonts that comes with the game.

Last year's info:

y·WÖī
y· €? stratum2_light zßģ4WÖī
zßģ4 €? franklin_book_regular i‡®[WÖī
i‡®[ €? stratum2_thin Ė#—yWÖī
Ė#—y €? franklin_demi_medium mT³WÖī
mT³ €? franklin_medium ,™­™WÖī
,™­™ €? stratum2_regular ō„1¶WÖī
ō„1¶ €? stratum2_bold ¸Z±¾WÖī
¸Z±¾ €? lobstertwo_italic ŠFĢWÖī
ŠFĢ €? stratum2_medium ¦ś(ēWÖī
¦ś(ē €? stratum2_black

This also gives us the correct syntax.
That means that if you find at any game's file one of these filenames. you can rename this part with other valid from the list.

Example:
"stratum2_light"
could be renamed to
"franklin_demi_medium" or any other
exrxixxx

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:44 am

For those who are interested in.

The magic happens at file:
t_scorebug_mesh.baee12fcc80b9e14.model

Starts at offset: 3e0
Ends at: d27

Starting from the 3e0, the next four bytes are always X axis, the next four Y axxis, the other four should be Z axxis, but this is irrelevant as all model are placed on the same plane (same height, zero )

Four more convenience, change the display state at your hex editor from standard 16 columns to 12. Otherwise too hard to understand what you are doing. At my example, X coordinates are always on the left.
This setting could be found at VIEW ->COLUMNS -> CUSTOM -> 12. It may differ depending on your hex editor.

I will explain deeper what could be done with this file later, but one more advise just below.

Look to the very left of my screenshot. You have to rape your hex editor to display such or similar window that displays FLOATING NUMBER ("flot" at my example).

Look where my cursor has stopped. It's an offset 3e0. We can read the data:
74 8d a9 c2.
When you put the cursor to the very left of four bytes combination, the FLOAT shows you the number that our brains can understand.
Here we see -84,77... (minus 84,77)

If you enter another bytes like:
00 00 80 c2, the flot is -64,00, or
00 00 70 c2, the flot is -60,00.

You see, the difference of 4.
This number means the range how far the point is moved from the local center 0

You do not need to work with difficult 45 35 F2 C2, just change the floating number.
(ahh, -64 is way too left, I rather sustitute to -30. This is easy to understand, you have shortened the distance almost twice using the language you understand).

All the bytes that ends with FOURTIES are positive.
40, 41, 42, 43.

That means:
00 00 70 c2, the flot is -60,00 (negative, to left from local center)
00 00 70 42, the flot is 60,00 (positive, to right from local center)

---------
I know it's not easy to read... GL GL GL
exrxixxx

Postby bongo88 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:59 pm

thanks for posting exrxixxx.
the tips you shared are very useful.
bongo88

Postby dirtydraw on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:01 pm

You both very are doing a great job. Thank you. Are you interested in an ESPN co-creation Projekt?
I would deliver the new ESPN texture. And hopefully you could do the coding and hexing.
I would do it too, but need to know how to move teamlogos, make team colors larger and move them etc.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby dirtydraw on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:53 am

ok here is a first draft for the espn texture:

for comparison the original:

Last edited by dirtydraw on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:21 am

Great work guys. Lots of good information here.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Aston on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:39 am

dirtydraw wrote:ok here is a first draft for the espn texture:

[ Image ]

for comparison the original:

[ Image ]

OMG i want this ! *^*
Aston
Culture.

Postby bongo88 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:47 pm

nba on nbc scoreboard for 2k17/2k18
texture made by exrxixxx from his 2k14 scoreboard found here

team name and numbers could be made wider/taller throught hex, but y'all can do that if ya want.

foul box is functional, but hangs at the bottom when it swipes away; it doesn't bother me too much, probably just needs to be moved lower. regardless, I don't know how to fix it anyways. :)
anyways, y'all can tinker with this. I fix some of its bugs maybe later
enjoy

UPDATED:
moved the foul box to the side and got rid of the texture hang. file below.
enjoy.

updated v2 brought the foul box up higher in line with main scorebaord
updated v2 revised texture by dee4three - same as v2, but dee4three modified texture a bit. original textures made by exrxixxx.

2k18/2k17 NBA on NBC Scoreboard dee4three v2 revised texture download link: Scoreboard NBA on NBC for 2k18/2k17
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bongo88 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
bongo88

Postby dirtydraw on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 pm

bongo88 wrote:nba on nbc scoreboard for 2k17/2k18

team name and numbers could be made wider/taller throught hex, but y'all can do that if ya want.

foul box is functional, but hangs at the bottom when it swipes away; it doesn't bother me too much, probably just needs to be moved lower. regardless, I don't know how to fix it anyways. :)
enjoy

[ Image ]

Coool. I will try it out. Thanks for your effort.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby mschiefs84 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 pm

enjoy

[ Image ]

UPDATED:
enjoy.

[ Image ]

Thank you so much for posting this (Y) (Y) (Y)
mschiefs84

Postby mschiefs84 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 pm

enjoy

[ Image ]

UPDATED:
enjoy.

[ Image ]

Thank you so much for posting this (Y) (Y) (Y)
mschiefs84

Postby maumau78 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:23 pm

enjoy

[ Image ]

UPDATED:
enjoy.

[ Image ]

updated v2 revised texture by dee4three - same as v2, but dee4three modified texture a bit. original textures made by exrxixxx.

Great Work!

Can you please also work on this 2000-2004 ESPN Classic scoreboard!
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RKJ2k on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 pm

just wow...i learn something new today...
thanks exrxixxx... :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown:
RKJ2k

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 am

I made it more like the actual one, I gave it a darker transparency behind the score, as well as moved the dark spot behind the shot clock.

Clearly these screenshots are from 2K17, but you get the point.

It's up to Bongo if he wants to release the scoreboard for 2K17 and 2K18 with my edits. Amazing job to him with the hex editing part, seriously awesome. It's great that we have more people tackling scoreboards, you guys are really talented!

I also made a watermark (Screenshots after the first one). Bongo moved it to the top left of the screen, see screenshots here https://imgur.com/a/qNXD

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:40 am

updated nba on nbc with revised texture by dee4three. original texture by exrixxx.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyBK ... TByRXIwenc

watermarks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyBK ... 2RWX2oxOFk
bongo88

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding