No votes
4.) 2003 - 2004
18%
5.) 2000 - 2001
9%

Total votes : 22

Which SEASON Roster would you prefer?

Postby timmyd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:11 am

Bored at work, I was curious to see which of the following NBA Season Roster's would you guy's prefer?
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Re: Which SEASON Roster would you prefer?

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:15 am

07-08. Voted.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 am

Dee4Three wrote:07-08. Voted.

Hey Dee, you are a Celtics fan correct?

The was a memorable season to say the least. Probably my all-time favorite season as well even though my Spurs lost to Kobe and the Lakers in the WCF 4-1.. who can forget that horrible no-call on that Brent Barry 3 to end the game and give Lakers a 3-1 lead.

Anyways, that was the year when I really became a fan of the entire league and basketball and left all my bias aside to appreciate the game of basketball.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 am

timmyd wrote:

The was a memorable season to say the least. Probably my all-time favorite season as well even though my Spurs lost to Kobe and the Lakers in the WCF 4-1.. who can forget that horrible no-call on that Brent Barry 3 to end the game and give Lakers a 3-1 lead.

Anyways, that was the year when I really became a fan of the entire league and basketball and left all my bias aside to appreciate the game of basketball.

Certainly a Celtics fan. However, that's not why it's one of my favorite seasons. I like it because it had all the big names of the 2000's relatively in primes still, and some great young talent that was a few years in at that point. The league was very well rounded, it was a joy to watch so many different teams play.

And yeah, I understand the whole Spurs thing. However, maybe it made you feel a little better when in 10-11 the Mavs swept (ahem, destroyed) the Lakers in the Western Conference Semi Finals, sending the Lakers into an embarrassing tilt that caused dirty plays like the one Bynum put on Barea.

I was so happy to see the Lakers demolished when they were the favorite going into the series.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:20 am

Dee4Three wrote:
timmyd wrote:

Certainly a Celtics fan. However, that's not why it's one of my favorite seasons. I like it because it had all the big names of the 2000's relatively in primes still, and some great young talent that was a few years in at that point. The league was very well rounded, it was a joy to watch so many different teams play.

And yeah, I understand the whole Spurs thing. However, maybe it made you feel a little better when in 10-11 the Mavs swept (ahem, destroyed) the Lakers in the Western Conference Semi Finals, sending the Lakers into an embarrassing tilt that caused dirty plays like the one Bynum put on Barea.

I was so happy to see the Lakers demolished when they were the favorite going into the series.

Yes! That Mavericks run was something else man. I hated what Andrew Bynum did to JJ. I also think Phil Jackson had checked out as well... Pau Gasol oh man what happened to him in that series? Also doesn't help that Kobe had a really messed up Knee that whole year. As for Dallas, It was a beauty to see that team play such great team basketball, defense, and Dirk... an all-time performance for the ages. Taking down that Miami Heat team was great also. The following year, 2011-2012, the Celtics almost had the Heat man. I wish I can do a re-run of that series on NBA 2k. Play Boston vs OKC Thunder... Boston wins...adding another great achievement into the legends of KG, Pierce, Ray Allen, Rondo..

I agree with your point about the 2007 - 2008 season. It was almost the perfect mix of the older generation of players in there prime and late prime, and the newer generation of players coming up or entering the league.

Older generation in their primes: Kobe, KG, Pierce, Allen, Duncan, Manu, Parker, Dirk, Kidd, Nash, Marion, Carter, T-Mac, Iverson, Yao Ming, Elton Brand, K-Mart, Sheed, Big Ben, Billups... oh man I am missing so many more.

Newer generation entering their prime: LeBron, Melo, Wade, Bosh, Roy, LMA, Amare, Dwight. Missing some players for sure.

That was an amazing season.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:28 am

Yup, you named a lot of the names. The Mavericks winning the title was a shock to the league on 10-11, Dirk put on the best playoff performance I think ive ever seen. In the Thunder series, Ibaka was right in his grill on so many shots.. and he just... kept... hitting.

I think outside of 07-08 I like 96-97, 91-92, and 85-86. What's funny is, in 96-97 the Celtics went 15-67, but it was one of my favorite seasons ever as a fan. They fought so hard every game, and they lost a lot of games by only a few points. Every game the hustle was 100%, always trying to snag a W. That team also had some of my favorite Celtics ever, with Dee Brown and Dino Radja. I wish Dino had stayed with the league and the C's longer, Pitino ruined that from memory. Dino was an exceptional talent, and was averaged about 20 and 10 in the 95-96 season.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 am

Dee4Three wrote:Yup, you named a lot of the names. The Mavericks winning the title was a shock to the league on 10-11, Dirk put on the best playoff performance I think ive ever seen. In the Thunder series, Ibaka was right in his grill on so many shots.. and he just... kept... hitting.

I think outside of 07-08 I like 96-97, 91-92, and 85-86. What's funny is, in 96-97 the Celtics went 15-67, but it was one of my favorite seasons ever as a fan. They fought so hard every game, and they lost a lot of games by only a few points. Every game the hustle was 100%, always trying to snag a W. That team also had some of my favorite Celtics ever, with Dee Brown and Dino Radja. I wish Dino had stayed with the league and the C's longer, Pitino ruined that from memory. Dino was an exceptional talent, and was averaged about 20 and 10 in the 95-96 season.

I remembers bits and parts of that Rick Pitino season. Never heard anything good, always the bad. I'm surprised you liked that season the most, but hey man... if you can replicate that in this game... you can try to will that team to a playoff birth!

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby timmyd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 am

Dee4Three wrote:Yup, you named a lot of the names. The Mavericks winning the title was a shock to the league on 10-11, Dirk put on the best playoff performance I think ive ever seen. In the Thunder series, Ibaka was right in his grill on so many shots.. and he just... kept... hitting.

I remembers bits and parts of that Rick Pitino season. Never heard anything good, always the bad. I'm surprised you liked that season the most, but hey man... if you can replicate that in this game... you can try to will that team to a playoff birth!

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 am

2011. It's one of my favourite seasons, post-Jordan era.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am

2011 also. Loved the whole villain storyline that the Miami Big 3 had in that first year, an MVP rose, a great regular season Celtics team that got off to a great start and an unforgettable turn of events with the Mavericks winning it all.

Plus on a side note, I loved the Rev30 jerseys that Adidas introduced that year. It gave the jerseys a quality look to them, which they hadn't had in years... if ever. The new Nike jerseys are a joke compared to the Rev30's.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:20 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:The new Nike jerseys are a joke compared to the Rev30's.

Agreed, and I'm disappointed, since Nike has long been my brand of choice. I didn't like what adidas did with the sleeved uniforms, but the new Nike jerseys are trying to reinvent the wheel.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Stildo33 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 am

Love that '97 team! They played "Celtic Basketball". I am also a huge fan of that '91-92 Season. Bird's last year, prime Reggie, Bulls going for a repeat, very young Sonics team, etc.

Dino was amazing for the Celtics!

PS - Dee, I have my '92 Celtics complete (with full 86 and 08 Celtics rosters), minus some portraits. I need a 92 court though for 2k18 too. I may start work on the '98 Hornets team now. 10-12 guys are in the game already.....Glen Rice and Dell Curry were fun to watch back then.
Stildo33

Postby timmyd on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:2011 also. Loved the whole villain storyline that the Miami Big 3 had in that first year, an MVP rose, a great regular season Celtics team that got off to a great start and an unforgettable turn of events with the Mavericks winning it all.

Plus on a side note, I loved the Rev30 jerseys that Adidas introduced that year. It gave the jerseys a quality look to them, which they hadn't had in years... if ever. The new Nike jerseys are a joke compared to the Rev30's.

Yeah that was a great NBA season, full of story lines. Kobe and the Lakers coming off of the repeat were struggling a bit but then went on a big run after the allstar break and it almost seemed like it was going to be the finals we always wanted... LeBron vs Kobe. But... didn't happen. Kobe was hurt and barely had any lift on his jumpers and drives, and Dirk was a man on a mission. Let's also not forget that great Spurs team during the season, they lost Manu for a bit in the first round vs the Memphis Grizz and could not recover. That was a great Spurs team... 60 win team. The Grit and Grind Grizz were officially here.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby briggm on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:11 am

Stildo33 wrote:

Love that '97 team! They played "Celtic Basketball". I am also a huge fan of that '91-92 Season. Bird's last year, prime Reggie, Bulls going for a repeat, very young Sonics team, etc.

Dino was amazing for the Celtics!

PS - Dee, I have my '92 Celtics complete (with full 86 and 08 Celtics rosters), minus some portraits. I need a 92 court though for 2k18 too. I may start work on the '98 Hornets team now. 10-12 guys are in the game already.....Glen Rice and Dell Curry were fun to watch back then.

I think 91-92 would make for an incredible roster for myleague, especially with a 1992 draft class with Shaq, Mourning, Laettner, etc.

So many great storylines... Jordan at his peak, all the original Dream Teamers dominating the league, legends like Bird and Isaiah Thomas nearing the ends of their careers, seeing which team gets the first pick to draft Shaq.
briggm

Postby timmyd on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:42 am

Ouu we got some votes for 03-04 season.

That was a special season as well, the greatest draft class ever? entered the league... Pistons upset the Lakers who had Karl Malone (injured in finals) and Gary Payton. Kings began getting hampered with injuries, lost to KG (MVP) and the T'wolves in game 7.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:21 am

timmyd wrote:Ouu we got some votes for 03-04 season.

That was a special season as well, the greatest draft class ever? entered the league... Pistons upset the Lakers who had Karl Malone (injured in finals) and Gary Payton. Kings began getting hampered with injuries, lost to KG (MVP) and the T'wolves in game 7.

I dunno if that was the BEST draft class ever, but it is up there. What about the '84, '87, '92, and of course, the 2000 draft class! Okay, maybe not the 2000 draft class haha.
Stildo33

Postby ClutchCityChris on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:37 am

1996-1997
ClutchCityChris

Return to NBA 2K18