Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Final Edition*

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:The funny thing is I actually got banned because of the Madden forum lol.....I'll say it just like this. I got banned from that site for holding them to a standard. When EA launched that gamechanger program and started posting people on that forum everything went downhill. Which is exactly why Madden is still trash. It got to the point where any type of critique of the game was shot down you had mods closing your threads, and you couldn't even talk sim sports. If you were labeled as a person who "didn't like madden" or IMO accept it for the garbage that it is they just keyed in on you. I wouldn't be surprised if EA was paying them somehow. Anyways I told them look I been posting sliders on here for a long time now my slider thread for madden had like 300 pages lol I talked to the owner of the site Steve_OS and I talked to Millenium_OS and they were pretty much just like whatever we can't have you bashing madden or not giving "constructive criticism" lol

That's insane... my commentary on 2K18 would certainly not be welcome on that page.. or my content on post patch 2K17.

That censorship is ridiculous, and OS seems very..... how do I put it... Biased? As in, I don't even really see "Constructive Criticism", it seems very basic and controlled.

I'm glad NLSC is my home.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 am

phpBB [video]

Aiite guys Version 1 update, lets go through the changelog:

-CPU Inside / Close / mid-range / 3 point / and layup shot success have ALL been reduced as an effort to achieve more realistic FG %'s consistently

-User Close / Layup success were reduced ever so slightly (elite players still finish inside....a lot)

-Alley-Oop Success was bumped slightly for both sides. (Lets be honest they just weren't finishing enough of these)

-Pass Speed reduced back to default (I LOVE the fact that they added this slider, but unfortunately with the pass speed high, defenders just don't have the time to react so there are like NO turnovers...)

-CPU Steal success reduced from 60 to 50...(I was just getting stripped way too much going to the basket)

-CPU acceleration reduced from 50 to 49...(Solves issue where CPU would get weird speed boosts from time to time

-Durability back to default...(Injuries are off now so who cares, don't want this affecting anything else)

-CPU Hustle bumped up to 65...(CPU is now devastating in the open court)

-CPU Ballhandling back to default...(Less room for error / turnovers)

-User Hands back to default...(Too many bobbled passes resulting in turnovers)

-CPU and User Offensive awareness back to default....(Idk I just think it plays better, too much BS with high CPU number)

-User Defensive awareness to 100 from 90....(Need more defensive playmaking for the user, this should help)

-Offensive Rebounding back to default....(See defensive rebounding)

-Defensive Rebounding up to 76...(Simply seeing WAY too many offensive boards, and not enough defensive boards from wing players)

-CPU Tendencies....(Everything back to default, only change is to put close shots at 0, should eliminate the weird close range jumpers that we see so much)
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Vicerex on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Only two games in with the new sliders and already in love with them. I'm shooting a few less free throws (was shooting about 30+ per game, now about 20+ and the AI is now shooting around 20 as well when before were barely shooting 10). It definitely made it a noticeable difference in my scoring totals by shooting 10 less free throws a game, has me around the 100 points area instead of 115-120 before, not that 115-120 was high but I prefer lower scoring totals, yeah I'm weird.

Also both games I played were really close, the first was back and forth until late 4th quarter where I went on a run to win. The second game came down to a buzzer shot, I was up by two, they launched a three but missed so I won. So I'm definitely feeling some stronger competition as far as back and forth, while before it seemed like either I won by 15 or lost by 15 and not much inbetween.

Ironically even though you lowered offensive rebounding I grabbed 17 offensive boards in my second game. I do have a way above average rebounding team, but still I was shocked by that. Everything else seemed really solid and not out of the realm of realism, obviously two games isn't a big enough sample size just wanted to give my initial thoughts.
Vicerex

Postby CX1329 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 am

The sliders are almost perfect, but I think I might bump up the jump shot defense strength sliders by a few points for both User and CPU, as I feel that there are too many contested shots going in. Other than that, I've got no complaints.
CX1329

Postby dare on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:42 am

I'll try this when I get back home, just a question will this fix the and 1's I think the success rate of those are quite high in default sliders.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Vicerex on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:42 pm

I don't have a whole lot to say, this set is pretty impressive already. I'm sure it could use some minor tweaks here and there but honestly I don't see any major holes, nothing to complain about. Been having some very solid and fun games.
Vicerex

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm

I love these sliders. Going to post some stats later on. I am using the 50 game speed but the experience is still great.
I Hate Mondays

Postby intruda on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Scratch what I previously wrote. Was using a horrible roster(dest 17-18). Prince from ATL was playing like Lebron with these sliders for some reason.

Used the default roster and night and day. Sliders are amazing. Only one game in but it was great. Spurs vs Rockets(cpu).
intruda

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Glad you guys are enjoying, let me know where I can improve! For now I still think its KIIINDA easy to score for the user, but I don't want to make any drastic tweaks just yet! Unfortunately my CPU cooler busted so I'm out of the game for a little while, but as soon as my new one comes in I'll be back to tweaking!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby MaxMBox on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 am

IDK how these sliders are for Play Now or MyGM or any other game mode where you are playing for the whole team, but I playing with them (the last one from 2K Share) in MyCAREER as a C and shooting foul is too hight IMO. 90% of atempts to block a shot was fouls. So I decrease them a bit (45-50 I guess). And getting rebounds is a much harder (18-20 with default All-Star sliders and 12-15 now) but I like it.
MaxMBox

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 am

MaxMBox wrote:IDK how these sliders are for Play Now or MyGM or any other game mode where you are playing for the whole team, but I playing with them (the last one from 2K Share) in MyCAREER as a C and shooting foul is too hight IMO. 90% of atempts to block a shot was fouls. So I decrease them a bit (45-50 I guess). And getting rebounds is a much harder (18-20 with default All-Star sliders and 12-15 now) but I like it.

How do you have sliders in MyCareer?
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Myu1 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:48 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
MaxMBox wrote:IDK how these sliders are for Play Now or MyGM or any other game mode where you are playing for the whole team, but I playing with them (the last one from 2K Share) in MyCAREER as a C and shooting foul is too hight IMO. 90% of atempts to block a shot was fouls. So I decrease them a bit (45-50 I guess). And getting rebounds is a much harder (18-20 with default All-Star sliders and 12-15 now) but I like it.

With my game, when I set a "custom" slider in the main menu and I load mycareer, it uses the custom slider I set in the main menu... I did try with extreme settings (99 - 0) and it affects the gameplay so It's real and not placebo.. :-(
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Myu1

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:52 am

Myu1 wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:

With my game, when I set a "custom" slider in the main menu and I load mycareer, it uses the custom slider I set in the main menu... I did try with extreme settings (99 - 0) and it affects the gameplay so It's real and not placebo.. :-(

Woooow I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this, thats big! However I did not tune this set in any way to effect MyCareer. So basically you're telling me you put 3 point shooting at 100 and never missed?
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 am

The ability to use sliders in MyCAREER is news to me as well. Interesting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 am

Andrew wrote:The ability to use sliders in MyCAREER is news to me as well. Interesting.

That's literally the reason I never played the mode LOL. Gotta look into this a little more!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby jusagamerk26 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi shady, do you experience a lot of and 1's with your set? I am using the sixers and ben simmons drives to rim at will either with an easy layup or an and1. Hope you look into this. But overall this slider set plays really great! Thanks!
jusagamerk26

Postby Vicerex on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 pm

If the sliders work in MyCareer then that is a game-breaking error. I would highly suggest you do not use sliders in MyCareer or you may get banned for exploiting (even if it's their screw-up). Especially if you do it online against actual players, but if you only do it offline then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Just think of the public outcry once people who have already spent $500 on their character find out they could have just turned everything to 99 for free.
Vicerex

Postby timmyd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 am

How do I use these sliders for Human vs Human? Does the Home or Away team have different sliders due to User and CPU sliders?
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 am

jusagamerk26 wrote:Hi shady, do you experience a lot of and 1's with your set? I am using the sixers and ben simmons drives to rim at will either with an easy layup or an and1. Hope you look into this. But overall this slider set plays really great! Thanks!

Try my new set I'm posting within the next 10 minutes.

Vicerex wrote:If the sliders work in MyCareer then that is a game-breaking error. I would highly suggest you do not use sliders in MyCareer or you may get banned for exploiting (even if it's their screw-up). Especially if you do it online against actual players, but if you only do it offline then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Just think of the public outcry once people who have already spent $500 on their character find out they could have just turned everything to 99 for free.

I agree 1000%

timmyd wrote:How do I use these sliders for Human vs Human? Does the Home or Away team have different sliders due to User and CPU sliders?

I THINK only USER sliders effect HUM vs HUM but I haven't tried it out so I'm 100% sure.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 am

phpBB [video]

Aiite guys version 2 is live and it's lit! I'm calling this my DEFENSE update!

-First thing take note of the gamespeed change! We're at 46 now and I feel like it helps gameplay to be smooth and animations play out better.

-User and CPU Dunk in traffic frequency have been tweaked slightly!

-Next the Shooting and layup sliders have COMPLETELY been revamped so check out the OP to get all of those changes...Some of them might make you scratch your head, but trust me, it's fire.

-Both Jumpshot defense sliders are going back to default which is the core of this *defense update* makes a huge impact on FG% IN THE PAINT

-CPU Hands are going back to default (They were dropping too many oops lol)

-CPU Ballhandling is going BACK up to 70 lol Makes them more willing to attack the basket.

-Offensive Awareness and Offensive consistency along with defensive consistency has been completely revamped, so refer to the OP for those changes

-Offensive rebounds and Defensive rebounds have been tweaked as well. Better rebounders should stand out!

-HUM FT rate has been tweaked slightly

Sliders are posted to the OP and on PC 2KShare under #Shady! Hit me up with that feedback!
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Postby timmyd on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 am

Hey shady,

Can i make a request? can you help me or perhaps create a sliders for legendary teams to make the gameplay similar to the older nba?

When I play the 07-08 Celtics and teams from before them, I still see those teams jacking up like 20 - 30 threepointers a game and hardly ever looking for there post-up players.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Vicerex on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:57 pm

The defense is real in this new update. I just had my lowest scoring game since 2K18 came out. I lost 83-87. When the game first started the defense seemed a little too much, by half time I was shooting 22% and the AI was at 28%. But over the rest of the game we both got more hot and I ended up around 42% and I believe they were 45%. Which I actually think was cool, it felt more like a real game. Pro's or not sometimes these guy struggle and shoot poorly, but it all kind of evens out in the end.

I already play a very slow and grindy style, so I rarely score much more than 105. But with this new set the game pace definitely felt much slower than before, so that mixed with my already slow style is what resulted in such a low scoring game. But hey 80 point games happen in real life fairly often, so I'm fine with it.

I need to do a little more testing before I fully give my opinion, but so far so good.
Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Vicerex wrote:The defense is real in this new update. I just had my lowest scoring game since 2K18 came out. I lost 83-87. When the game first started the defense seemed a little too much, by half time I was shooting 22% and the AI was at 28%. But over the rest of the game we both got more hot and I ended up around 42% and I believe they were 45%. Which I actually think was cool, it felt more like a real game. Pro's or not sometimes these guy struggle and shoot poorly, but it all kind of evens out in the end.

I already play a very slow and grindy style, so I rarely score much more than 105. But with this new set the game pace definitely felt much slower than before, so that mixed with my already slow style is what resulted in such a low scoring game. But hey 80 point games happen in real life fairly often, so I'm fine with it.

I need to do a little more testing before I fully give my opinion, but so far so good.

Well I tried to make it better and I did lol but I feel like there is a sweet spot somewhere between these past two sets and I will find that for version 3!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby CX1329 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 pm

I don't know, I think the set is perfect as is. Since the update, I've played against Memphis and Charlotte and the scores were 101-97 and 110-103, respectively. The latest set has definitely fixed the issue of defense for me, now I don't have any complaints other than free throw shooting, which currently feels like highway robbery. I'm four games into a MyLeague season and so far I haven't been able to shoot above 67% from the line in a game. I might change the free throw shooting type to user timing and adjust the free throw difficulty until I find a sweet spot.
CX1329

Postby Vicerex on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:26 pm

CX1329 wrote:I'm four games into a MyLeague season and so far I haven't been able to shoot above 67% from the line in a game. I might change the free throw shooting type to user timing and adjust the free throw difficulty until I find a sweet spot.

I don't believe the sliders have any affect on free throw shooting at all. If you have it on Real Player % and free throw difficulty at 50, then that's about all that affect free throws. That is a pretty low number but you may just have a really bad free throw shooting team. I've also noticed in MyLeague/MyGM at the first of the season everyone misses a lot of free throws, even the really good shooters, but over the next 10-20 games it evens out more to their real-life level. This isn't just something I've noticed this year, I've noticed it for about 3-4 years now, so it's an odd mechanic in the core game itself (could simply be bad RNG).

I'm about 40 games into MyGM season and I'm currently shooting 79% as a team, at the beginning of the year we were 71% and it slowly rose over time. Who's going to the line on your team the most? There are a lot of bad free throw shooters in the league, tons of guys who shoot in the 60's and a few special players that shoot below 50%. For example I have Dwight Howard, notoriously bad at free throws, every time he goes to the line I cringe. He's shooting about 55% for me, however I have it counter-balanced with a lot of really good free throw shooters, guys in the 85-90% range.
Vicerex

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18