NBA Live 18 Giveaway (PS4 & X1)

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

NBA Live 18 Giveaway (PS4 & X1)

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:44 pm

EA Sports has hooked us up with a few digital copies of NBA Live 18 to give away, so we're tipping off our first contest for this basketball gaming season. For our first giveaway, there are two codes for PlayStation 4 and two codes for Xbox One up for grabs. Please note that the codes for PS4 are US region locked, while the codes for X1 are global. Our apologies for any inconvenience; we'll try to sort out a global giveaway for PS4 at some point in the future.

To win, simply tell us about your favourite NBA Live game in 200 words or less, and let us know whether you're after a PS4 or X1 version of NBA Live 18. There are two ways to enter:

1. Register an NLSC Forum account and reply to this topic.
  2. Register an account and reply in the comments section of this news post (guest posts are not eligible).
I'll pick four winners (two PS4, two X1) out of the entries that I like the best, and hook them up with a copy. Please note that it's one entry per person, NLSC staff members are not eligible, and all decisions are final. If you miss out this time, we'll be giving away a few more codes in the near future, so there will be another opportunity to snag a free copy of NBA Live 18. Once again, please also note that the codes we've been given for PlayStation 4 are US region locked, but the codes we have for Xbox One are global.

Entries close midnight October 1st, US Eastern time. Good luck, and get your entries in ASAP!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 18 Giveaway (PS4 & X1)

Postby deihatein on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 pm

I want the PS4 version of NBA Live 18.

My favorite NBA Live is NBA Live 2003. It was the one that introduce me to sports game and NBA Live in general. Despite the arcade style gameplay it has, as a kid I didn't mind how simple it was compare to now where every sports game tend to become realistic or be life-like. The "Courtside Comedy" might be frowned upon back then, but I think that added to the charm of it. NBA Live 2003 might not hold up today both in gameplay and graphics wise but the memories that I have with this game will forever be remembered, whether dunking on fools with Vince Carter, using a rookie Yao Ming or that Nash-Dirk connection. I may not be watching the NBA or even play basketball if it weren't for NBA Live 2003.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Murat on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:00 pm

X1 version

My favorite game is NBA Live 2005, because it was my first basketball game. I remember buying this game back for PC in early 2005. I used to wake up at 7.30 am just to play NBA Live 2005, I've spent multiple hours on it when I was only 8 years old. I still remember pressing Alley-Oop button constantly to recognize what Alley-Oop means. I still remember who were great shooters and who weren't. I was so pissed off by Grizzlies because their uniforms and players looked ugly to me back then. I also remember hating guys like Andre Miller, Brevin Knight because they lacked 3-point shooting. Rookie "sensations" like Luke Jackson, Josh Childress would tear up my teams. The game also seemed so realistic by its graphics and presentation. The Slam Dunk Contest and 3-Point Contest of NBA Live 2005 are still the greatest that basketball games has ever seen. The Dynasty Mode was also fun, because I had no idea on how to build a championship caliber team.

Years after I re-installed the game in different times, I always had different tastes.

Thanks Qballer
Last edited by Murat on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shuajota on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:26 pm

I prefer the XBOX 1 version of NBA Live 18.

I remember when I was a kid, I just got back from school and spent hours on my little computer playing the nba live 2001 demo. I was a little boy and I already loved basketball. I was waiting for my birthday to go to the toy store and buy NBA Live 2001. I still remember that Kevin Garnett was the player on the cover.
From there I always bought every year NBA Live for PS2 and later for PS3. I fell in love with the saga.
I really enjoyed the comments of Andrés Montes (RIP) and Antoni Daimiel who spoke curious details of the players. And then I would tell his comments my friends.
I also enjoyed with nba live 10 and its FIBA ​​mode. When I did the FIBA ​​2K17 mod I did it by nostalgically remembering my moments in NBA Live.

I know that lately they have been hard years for NBA Live, but I will always continue to support their creators because they marked my childhood. :wink:
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby mp3 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 am

Goodluck to everyone and thank you EA for the generous giveaway
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Skysect on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 am

I want the PS4 version of NBA Live 18 .

My favorite NBA Live is NBA Live 2003 . It was my first basketball game on PC . Also my favorite NBA player, Jason Kidd was on the cover. It was only 1 CD game . And controls were really simple . That game was really like arcade . After that year , they changed control scheme and it won't be 1 CD anymore . I was 12 years that time . So that made me sad .
Skysect

Postby jayzmagz on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 am

I would like to win NBA Live 18 for PS4.

My favorite NBA Live game is NBA Live 96. In the past the only basketball game we play are Double Dribble and Taito Basketball. Until one day my brother bought a SuperNES and NBA Live 96 was the game that came along with it. That was the fire starter for me to get hooked in the Live series. I could still remember the great memories me and my brothers had with that game. We would play almost all day during weekends until our parents scolds us as we don't even get out of our room because of hours and hours of playing. Even my brother who became addicted to it has a Notebook full of stats from his team's starting 5 of his 82 game season. Can't forget the summer vacations where he will be playing all day with 12 minute quarters that always end up killing the CPU in a monster freaking blowout. I will never forget NBA Live 96 because of that game I even became more of a fan of the game basketball and also made me and my brother bond much more.
TBH up until now I sometimes play NBA Live 96 here in my PC for nostalgia purposes and to pass time. Usually play it in Arcade mode just to blow the CPU out with 100+ points.
jayzmagz

Postby StyxTx on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 am

Kinda late.
StyxTx

Postby Xbreezy05 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:50 am

live 18
Xbreezy05

Postby DavonH7 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:16 am

I would like Xbox one version.

My favorite NBA live game would definitely be NBA LIVE 09,this game was great, I loved the improvement from live 08, the movement of the players to the dribbles drives was awesome. The atmosphere of all the arenas was crazy especially on a clutch shot. Also the T-mobile 365 daily roster updates where good I really like the fact they updated every mover the player did it was pretty cool.OMG the Dynasty probably was the main thing I was on from being able to just shoot around with your team was awesome at that time , you could run drills to boost your team chemistry an attributes which was koo since I always started a dynasty mode with a awful team. Just think if live would take slot of aspects anythings from this game an include it into future builds omg, it would definitely shorten the gap between live an 2K.
DavonH7

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:26 am

I'm a US PS4 user

My favorite Live game is 2005. The refinement of the Freestyle Controls made it feel like I was in more control of the ball than before. What made Live 2005 great in my opinion, was the diverse amount of modes, which adds replay value. The Dynasty Mode was a fun experience, as well as being easy to understand with color coded dates to differentiate home and away games, and it really set the bar for 2K how they handle Season Mode. The All-Star Weekend was perhaps the best edition to the series. For the first time, you could play the Rookie-Sophomore Game with young Bosh, Melo, LeBron, and Dwight to name a few (makes me feel old now). The Three Point Contest was not only a fun experience, but it secretly taught you how to time your shots in an actual game. My personal favorite mode was the Dunk Contest. You really had to be creative with your dunks for the big numbers, as did dunkers in real life. Playing the All-Star Weekend with multiple people gives the mode its maximum potential, and you'll have a blast with your friends to see who the best.
RayRay_953

Postby Jarmonity on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi! I'd love to have NBA Live 18 for X1... (Y) :)

NBA Live 08 is my favourite NBA LIVE Game. I still play it!!! This game is very special to me. I remember me, my brothers and cousins used to play this game on PS2. It was very cool and the fact that it has the auto-freestyle thing made the game more seamless. Seeing players having their signature jump shots and go-to moves are so amazing considering that it already has the PS3 and X360 versions. I was a student during this time and I really enjoyed playing the game after doing my homework.

It's fun to see my idol, Vince Carter doing his electrifying dunks in this game! One of the best games during that era and I can say that many gamers used to love this game so much! Now, my partner will surely love the newly released game because of the WNBA! Given this chance, after a decade, I would really appreciate having a copy of another EA's masterpiece. "EA Sports, it's in the game!" :applaud:
Jarmonity

Postby Valor on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:12 pm

PS4 version for me :)

My favourite NBA Live game has got to be Live 06. Even though I wasn't able to get that copy it was still really cool to see an Asian player (Yuta Tabuse) on the cover of the Japanese version, especially since he's one of my favourite players.

It wasn't the only reason though, because the game itself was probably one of the most enjoyable ones i've played. Dynasty mode was a blast and I had spent many hours on it, while freestyle superstars was honestly one of the most overpowering-but-enjoyable features in sports gaming history. When you need a score, use it! Outside scorers were unstoppable inside the paint. Guaranteed bucket pretty much :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Murat wrote:PS4 version

My favorite game is NBA Live 2005, because it was my first basketball game. I remember buying this game back for PC in early 2005. I used to wake up at 7.30 am just to play NBA Live 2005, I've spent multiple hours on it when I was only 8 years old. I still remember pressing Alley-Oop button constantly to recognize what Alley-Oop means. I still remember who were great shooters and who weren't. I was so pissed off by Grizzlies because their uniforms and players looked ugly to me back then. I also remember hating guys like Andre Miller, Brevin Knight because they lacked 3-point shooting. Rookie "sensations" like Luke Jackson, Josh Childress would tear up my teams. The game also seemed so realistic by its graphics and presentation. The Slam Dunk Contest and 3-Point Contest of NBA Live 2005 are still the greatest that basketball games has ever seen. The Dynasty Mode was also fun, because I had no idea on how to build a championship caliber team.

Years after I re-installed the game in different times, I always had different tastes.

Guys, PS4 version is for US region only
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bomba90 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:21 am

PS4 Version please.

This is a little bit difficult as there are 3 titles I played the most:
1. NBA Live 95, I was 10 years old, played it everyday until I got NBA Live 98. I remember a season with the Jazz in which we finished first in the league with 25-1 (I lost the last game). Loved that game but obviously, graphics, gameplay and the fact that there were only 3 keys (beside movement): shoot, pass and turbo, does not allow this game to win.
2. NBA Live 2005: THE BEST game out-of-the-box until and including NBA Live 08, great gameplay, great graphics, love the baby Bulls version 2 (wish 2K will create them in the future). Played many many hours during work (It was allowed....).
3. NBA Live 08: Played it since day 1 until mid-2012. Great game but needed many tweaks created by some of the mods here. DRose was superb in the 2011 roster, it was also a pleasure to play with the Mavs during their championship year.

Verdict: NBA Live 08 which needed many tweaks to become my favorite.
bomba90

Postby deihatein on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 am

[Q] wrote:Guys, PS4 version is for US region only

I have a US PSN. Am I still in?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 am

Not sure if this answers your question.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/ ... p/21205401
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:22 am

Thanks for all the entries so far, everyone! There's still time, and as I said, even if you don't win this time, we'll have a couple more codes to give away after this contest has concluded.

deihatein wrote:
[Q] wrote:Guys, PS4 version is for US region only

I have a US PSN. Am I still in?

I'm guessing you'd be able to use the code, based on the info in the article mp3 posted.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby GreatKD on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:11 am

PS4 Version please

My favorite NBA LIVE game is the NBA LIVE 03

I can still remember back in the day on how I play countless of hours of NBA live 99 up to NBA live 2003 on the PlayStation. It was a really an unforgettable experience and that's where i started liking the NBA. Yes! I have no idea about the NBA, it was the video game (NBA LIVE) that introduce me to the league.

What makes NBA LIVE 03 special? the 03 is the 1st game on the PlayStation 2 and up to this date in my opinion there is no better jump of graphics and gameplay that can compare the overwhelming feeling that i have when i first play the LIVE 03 on the PlayStation 2.
GreatKD

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Our giveaway is almost over, so get in quick if you haven't already! As noted before, we'll have another giveaway soon after this one's over, so stay tuned for another chance to win if you're unsuccessful this time.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ataman5 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:03 pm

My favorite Live is Live 98 and 2000.
Live 98 had me hooked up with countless matchups of Jazz vs Bulls with No23 in the roster. I always picked Jazz bcs all my friends were always wanting to play with No.23 it was great times, good graphic after all atari and amiga times it was nice with sega mega drive.
And then Live 2000 with Ps1 was an unbelievable experience i still remember checking out the game magazines when the game will drop and details etc.
We played me and my brother for hours that game i remember playing vs my brother aa beloved Wolves and he always choose Lakers great times. I remember that eventhough i was the little brother that i thought i let him win and so we keep playing more i don't know maybe i was just reasoning my losses lol. :)

I want the game for PS4 i have Us Psn but i live in eu and have Plus from eu account. I hope it won't affect.
ataman5

Postby ataman5 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:04 pm

My favorite Live is Live 98 and 2000.
Live 98 had me hooked up with countless matchups of Jazz vs Bulls with No23 in the roster. I always picked Jazz bcs all my friends were always wanting to play with No.23 it was great times, good graphic after all atari and amiga times it was nice with sega mega drive.
And then Live 2000 with Ps1 was an unbelievable experience i still remember checking out the game magazines when the game will drop and details etc.
We played me and my brother for hours that game i remember playing vs my brother aa beloved Wolves and he always choose Lakers great times. I remember that eventhough i was the little brother that i thought i let him win and so we keep playing more i don't know maybe i was just reasoning my losses lol. :)

I want the game for PS4 i have Us Psn but i live in eu and have Plus from eu account. I hope it won't affect.
ataman5

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:51 am

Entries are now closed, thanks to everyone who entered and shared their memories! Winners will be announced soon, along with another contest.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:04 am

Congratulations to shinron15, deihatein, Jarmonity. and Shuajota! I'll message you your codes shortly.

Thanks to everyone who entered. I've got a few more codes, so stay tuned for another giveaway!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 18