Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:51 am

I'd be OK with that, if they do. Gotta fill out the roster, it's only a season and not for very much, and as you said, he's unlikely to have a big impact either way, given his inconsistent play. I have my doubts that he'll turn in a spectacular year, bolt, and leave them feeling like they should've taken a chance on him with a big contract, so it doesn't feel like a risk.

At the same time, if he does go elsewhere, I have absolutely no problem with that either. As long as they're not giving him a big, long-term contract, I don't think they can really go too wrong here, especially with the way they've handled the situation so far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:10 am

question- who is going to score for this team? especially when wade sits out and then eventually bought out? Lavine's return date is a mystery too

maybe resign niko after all
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:16 am

Topping 80 points is going to be cause for celebration. Not a lot of free food giveaways this year, I imagine.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:47 am

Who cares. Mirotic won't get you anymore than 3-5 wins.

Bigger issue is at the backcourt unit. Nobody's an above average shooter neither above average playmaker. Spacing and playmaking abilities are absent from backcourt unit. Jerian Grant is your best bet will need to play heavy role but guaranteed Lavine, Dunn, Wade are gonna be favored.

Prediction for the best Bulls rotation(+/- wise) as of now?

Grant at PG
Lavine at SG
Zipser at SF
Portis at PF (or Mirotic if he stays)
Lopez at C

Ofc that's with Markkanen being the x-factor depending how good of a rookie he is. But still looks more like a 2nd unit line up on a mediocre team. Thinking this is the best Bulls rotation with highest chance at winning the game, is just, nice.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:07 am

Yeah you are right. They do need someone out there to create shots which is why I partly am in favor of keeping Niko. That lineup you have there is junk and reminiscent of Ron Mercer bulls. This will be a painful year indeed.

think grant is ok. Had some good performances down the stretch but Lost coach Fred's trust in the playoffs. I'd rather see what Dunn can do. Thanks

I am very interested to see the hoiberg offense in full effect. Maybe Dunn can succeed as he develops his outside game if he's in a lineup with shooters.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:27 am

The fact there is an era that could be referred to as the Ron Mercer Bulls is indeed a depressing memory. My apologies to Fitzy, wherever he might be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm

just for shits and giggles. butler who said he wanted to stay with bulls was traded for lavine, dunn, 8th pick (but had to trade their own 1st) while Irving who said he wanted out netted IT, crowder, brooklyn pick, and the big euro.

gotta love it
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:21 pm

And yet, Pip says the fans need to give GarPax a chance. :roll:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:40 am

Pip knows who is signing his checks ;)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:01 am

This is true. Of course, the same can't be said of ESPN's "expert analysts", and they're saying the same thing. I think we Bulls fans have been plenty patient already. It makes you wonder how much of a (further) chance they think GarPax should be given.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:48 am

fans donating money to a sign "fire garpax" in the city sounds like no more chances for the duo

but since its a rebuild, how much longer of a leash should they get? keep in mind most total rebuild teams take a few years just to get back to the playoffs.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:23 am

I mean, I don't trust them to formulate a good rebuilding plan, so I would say no more chances and fire them right now. That's not happening though, so I'll say this season. Let's see how well Markkanen turns out, and how much promise he has. If that turns out to be a shrewd pick, let's see what else they can do. If he shapes up to be a bust, show them the door. Rebuilding relies on them drafting well, so if they can't even do that on top of all their other blunders, it's not going to get any better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:57 am

Yeah I agree and would add Dunn also factoring in on garpax's fate

I think The Boston Cleveland blockbuster indirectly puts pressure on those 2 to succeed.

Wade buyout situation is somewhat amusing. A few blurbs on Wade's kids enrolling in FL school this year and Haslem consoling wade.

Wade prolly wants to go on the banana boat. Too bad he won't walk away from the $20 million. Looks like garpax have the leverage
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:13 pm

They should just let Wade rot away at home. It's such a messed up situation. He signed a big contract Chicago gave him, that's good on him. Chicago fucked that up. Then he calls the young Bulls out and is now hated by the team. His only friend in Butler is traded. You're given the chance to opt out and seek greener pastures. You don't. You take the money. Well then be a professional about it and stick it out (for what you chose) instead of hoping for a buyout in which you get your money and greener pastures.

Fuck that. Don't wanna play? Go sit at home and collect paychecks. You're not joining your buddies on our dime. Should have opted out for that then.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:10 am

Haha well said. I hope I don't hear the chatter "another disgruntled mistreated veteran by the bulls management"

No coincidence Rondo was voted as favorite teammate. Too bad the vote wasn't published
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:29 pm

I thought Wade's being hated by teammates was more of invented story by some writer that likes to sell big stories. With likely divorce coming, might as well make it grande and make it more interesting. It'd be nice and fun to hear inside story by people involved though.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:52 am

cowley is legit haha

bulls beat writer Nick friedell was on espn earlier this week more or less corroborating the "invented" story. the link is on the bulls reddit page

details on the divorce? go to tmz
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:53 am

"Garred" is a verb, now.

“We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,” the source said. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one.
“Any [Bulls] coach who says differently is lying. … We got ‘Garred’ on that one.”

Feel the Payne.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:41 am

Buhaha. Story is by Cowley? Venture a guess who his source is? Haha. Adios to Payne and his all too easy puns

At least the Finn rook dropped 22 in Euro play the other day
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:46 am

air gordon wrote:question- who is going to score for this team?

If Niko will not return, I guess Dunn since he can make his own shots. It would be hilarious if Robin Lopez ends up as the top scorer of this team :lol: . Dark horse will be Blakeney. We all know of Grant's capabilities and if Dunn never pans out, he's the next guy up. He reminds me of Will Barton I don't know perhaps because of his motor.

NovU wrote:Prediction for the best Bulls rotation(+/- wise) as of now?

Grant at PG
Lavine at SG
Zipser at SF
Portis at PF (or Mirotic if he stays)
Lopez at C

I reckon Dunn got the starting job. Grant was already tested and it's not a good sign if your team prefers MCW over you...

NovU wrote:I thought Wade's being hated by teammates was more of invented story by some writer that likes to sell big stories. With likely divorce coming, might as well make it grande and make it more interesting. It'd be nice and fun to hear inside story by people involved though.

He's part of the Butler baggage so that's expected although there are locker room reports that he tends to skip practices. Rondo being vocal about him being with the young guys' side doesn't help that matter also...

Andrew wrote:"Garred" is a verb, now.

“We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,” the source said. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one.
“Any [Bulls] coach who says differently is lying. … We got ‘Garred’ on that one.”

Feel the Payne.

Still shaking my head of what have become of Gary Harris and Nurkic especially the former. He would've been a perfect wing combo with Butler... Also, what happened to that Kings pick was like the finale of How I Met Your Mother. We all know what they would end up and yet the front office made it more anti climactic...

air gordon wrote:At least the Finn rook dropped 22 in Euro play the other day

Please don't be a McDermott sequel...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:40 pm

And now Markkanen is injured. Wonderful.

For this week's Friday Five, I picked five teams that'd be fun to play with in the franchise modes of this year's video games. In doing so, I noted that I'm usually inclined to pick the Bulls, being my favourite team and all, but right now that prospect is about as appealing as controlling the Ron Mercer Bulls back in the day. I actually went ahead and fired up NBA Live 2001 to get a screenshot of that roster...

...and you know what? That's a better roster than they currently have, all things considered.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:22 am

haha andrew busting out the 2001 live roster. benjamin and his awesome dunk rating. fizer would turn out to be a stud in franchise mode. ah good times
Still shaking my head of what have become of Gary Harris and Nurkic especially the former. He would've been a perfect wing combo with Butler... Also, what happened to that Kings pick was like the finale of How I Met Your Mother. We all know what they would end up and yet the front office made it more anti climactic...

Garred indeed

Please don't be a McDermott sequel..

ay please no. i am encouraged by his play. so far dude looks good. even coach nick gave him some love on bball breakdown
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:13 am

On a brighter note, it seems Markkanen's injury wasn't serious. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but he has played well. I'd like to think there's a chance he'll pan out.

I'll always say this of Fizer. I was somehow able to package him with Jalen Rose and Roger Mason Jr. to get KG in NBA Live 2004's Dynasty Mode, so if nothing else, he accounted for at least one very enjoyable video gaming experience for me! In real life...yeah, not one of Krause's better moments. Too bad Crawford end up flourishing elsewhere, too. A steal getting him on Draft day for Chris Mihm, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:13 am

I'm enjoying it. This is the best comp he's faced yet and he's doing well. Once he starts facing NBA players it will get dicey...

It's been a nightmare of a season and off season. Nice for a change something positive happening
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:53 am

Happy Doug Collins is back with the organization even if it's in a mysterious front office role
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball