Alternate Jerseys Revealed

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Alternate Jerseys Revealed

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Conrad with the scoop, of course: http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/09/13/ ... e-jerseys/

Quite a few existing alternates (or "Statement" jerseys, as they're now called) have simply been reworked, but there are some new ones. That Timberwolves one is pretty terrible, but that goes for their Icon and Association jerseys as well. I was hoping for some better designs once Nike got the contract, but it's been a bit of a letdown.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Alternate Jerseys Revealed

Postby Sauru on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm

some of these are absolutely horrible others are pretty cool. i am good with the celtics one so thats a plus
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:51 pm

I really don't like that the Lakers purple is suddenly an alternate now. Home = yellow, away = purple, Sunday alternates = white & Hollywood nights = black (sleeveless though).

Nike out there trying too hard.

But since the teams get to choose I'm hoping they sort of adhere to the usual format. If it ain't broke...
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:19 pm

It does feel like they're making a change for change's sake, which has resulted in some odd breaking of tradition and inferior designs. No sleeves, at least. I've at least got to give them that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 pm

Personal opinion on first glance:

- Brooklyn looks like a practice jersey
- Boston looks dope as hell, I hope they will wear that vs the Wizards as part of their funerar outfit
- Cleveland looks like something a contestant from American Gladiator would wear
- For the Nuggets, I am not a fan of the new font
- Golden State looks like LoTR met basketball. It looks cool yet a bit strange for an NBA jersey IMHO
- Houston same as last year. I like that they went for Gray for the shoulder area and the Nike logo. That red collar is enough to give the teams' colors
- I loved the Indiana jerseys from day one. I like the new design on a basic yellow
- How is that LAL jersey a statement jersey? Isn't that the basic away outfit? Probably Jackal's guess is right
- Minnesota hurts my eyes
- New York looks like that's a TB jersey. Love it. Simple and cool
- OKC is one of my favorites. You never go wrong with black
- Sixers looks like a 2017 Christmas jersey but I like it
- That silver lettering on that Phoenix Jersey was unnecesarry IMO
- Not a fan of the stripes on the Portland Jersey but that's just my taste
- Love the Jazz jersey with just that logo instead of the lettering. Same pattern as the Spurs jersey which we got used to.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:18 am

The black text on the Blazers' jersey looks a bit out of place to me. Without any white outline, it kind of looks like a bootleg or something.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Brooklyn's is awful. Weird lettering down the shorts. Mavericks shorts look odd as well with the name running down the side. OKC continuing it's trend of ugly jerseys. I kinda like the Portland ones. Reminds me of the NFL color rush jerseys. Also I like Minnesota because it's not blue red or black plus it gives me a Seattle seahawks vibe with the neon green.
Cavs trying too hard on theirs. It doesn't work. Utah's actually isn't bad. I like it better than their plain regular jerseys. Knicks one throws you off because it's white.
Looks like the Lakers will continue tradition with purple away/gold home/white sundays
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 am

That green Wolves jersey is just awful.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Lamrock on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:44 am

I didn't think Portland could be any more mediocre, after they finished last season 41-41 with a point differential of 0, but now even our jerseys are mediocre.

Was hoping they'd bring back the "THUDNER" jerseys :cry:
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:49 am

Stress Fracture wrote:That green Wolves jersey is just awful.

The best thing I can say about it is that it stands out. In this context, that's definitely a backhanded compliment though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:58 am

Yeah without the white stripes the Portland jersey looks like an unfinished project.
bowdown

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 pm

I thought something was wrong with the game when I first played against the Timberwolves and they were using the Statement jerseys.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Return to NBA & Basketball