Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Lean on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:13 pm

At the start of the NXT Women's Title match, I told my brother that they should've put the Last Woman Standing match here between Asuka and Nikki Cross but holy crap that Asuka-Ember match was fantastic. Not Bayley-Sasha level of fantastic, but it was very, very good.

Might catch up on Summerslam tonight. Heard that the tag matches, and the fatal-four-way main event were good.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm

I've heard the match itself was good, but Lesnar retaining the title...I mean, it defeats the purpose of having a brand split and two world title belts when one of them is hardly on TV and the champion isn't around to be a consistent draw.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Jinder Mahal Era > Attitude Era

The greatest era not just in the WWE but in all of professional wrestling.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:31 pm

I also heard that Mahal won the same way as he won the previous singles title matches he had. :lol:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 am

:lol: at Cesaro who ran through the crowd, grabbed a beach ball and ripped it apart. Some WWE crowds can be dicks sometimes.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:28 am

I thoroughly enjoyed Summerslam's main event. And both Tag Team Title matches were awesome as well. Shame they had to put the Big Show/Big Cass match and that awful Orton/Rusev match on the main card and not the Smackdown Tag Team title match.

Meanwhile, Corbin losing to Cena may have been because of the recent backstage heat he's getting, along with the Money in the Bank cash-in fail.

Double-meanwhile, Asuka reportedly injured her collarbone at Takeover. This could either be true or a work, so that she can go up the main roster undefeated.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:45 pm

I could see it being a work. She'll be "injured" for weeks only to show up as a surprise teammate in a women's survivor series match.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:18 pm

I agree. I really think whether this is legit or a work, it's a way of putting Asuka to the main roster while still undefeated.

Meanwhile Bobby Roode just debuted on Smackdown, and Shelton Benjamin is announced to be Chad Gable's new tag partner.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Asuka relinquishes her NXT Women's Title in today's NXT TV tapings.

There's no mention of her supposed injury, so I still think it's a work. But regardless, I think this is her NXT send-off. PLEASE BE ON SMACKDOWN!
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:34 am

The champs usually drop the title before moving up like Bobby roode did but she had the streak so this preserves it. I could see ember moon winning a tournament or 4 way to win it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:38 am

Ember Moon deserves to win it. I hope they don't just have the Mae Young Classic winner get it, because Ember has really been fantastic.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Awesome fourth wall busting segment for Cena and Reigns, though Cena really outclassed Reigns on the mic. They really have to officially turn Reigns heel at this point, which means booking him and presenting him as the villain in the angle, not just saying "Oh yeah, he's getting booed, he's already a heel". No he's not; not if the booking still treats him like a face.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Damn, it's been a long long time since I've heard grown men cheer for Cena. Great mic work by Cena, excellent segment overall.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:44 pm

It's that edge that he lost sometime during his very first WWE Championship run. The fact it was a worked shoot helped, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:11 am

prayers have been answered, JBL is leaving, Maggle!!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am

Addition by subtraction. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Rest in peace, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. The Brain was one of the most entertaining managers and commentators in the history of the business. Today's heel commentators could stand to take several pages out of his book. Instead of just trashing and burying the faces, his remarks drew sympathy for them, and were witty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 am

No Mercy predictions tonight?

Apollo Crews def. Elias -- No idea what this match is doing, but maybe a little Titus Worldwide Apollo mini-push? Don't care.

Neville (c) def. Enzo Amore -- I can't imagine Enzo being the guy to take the strap off of Neville (sans the day he lost it for a month or two ago to Tazawa).

Bray Wyatt def. Finn Balor -- This is a silly prediction because Bray just doesn't win on PPV, and doesn't win feuds, ever. However, he won at SummerSlam, and I don't know why they're even having another PPV match, so I figure they give this one to Bray.

Jason Jordan def. The Miz (c) -- One of the matches I'm really looking forward to, as I'm convinced that Jordan is going to heel turn and reveal that he's just been using Kurt Angle and manipulating him to get matches he wants, and that he's not really his son; because really that's the only way this entire angle ends and can save a semblance of face.

Ambrose & Rollins (c) def. The Bar -- I think Ambrose & Rollins need this tag run to go a little longer, for both their characters' sake.

Alexa Bliss (c) def. a bunch of other Women -- Alexa Bliss >>>>>. Somewhat related, Bayley's character is so stale.

John Cena def. Roman Reigns -- This is the way this needs to go down. I don't think Roman needs to go over here.

Braun Strowman def. Brock Lesnar (c) -- If there is a God and He loves me, this is how it will go down; but really I think it is unlikely. Vince does love his big guys, though, and Braun is the most entertaining one I've seen in a long, long time. Can't get enough BRAAUUUUNNNNNNNN.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 am

I'm all for a Braun push. The thing is, it seems unlikely that Lesnar will drop the title at B-level event, even though doing so would be unpredictable and resolve the situation where the already worthless Universal title is hardly on TV, making the concept of having two world champions even more useless. I can't shake the feeling Lesnar will hold the belt right through to Wrestlemania, sadly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Cena acts like every match is his last. Relax, homey, everybody knows we'll see you at like the Royal Rumble. Go film your flick.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Yeah, as Jim Cornette says, how can we miss you unless you've gone? It's not the end for him, he'll be back.

Predictable finish to the main event, it sounded very lacklustre. Glad I didn't waste bandwidth on it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:09 pm

The Tag Title and Women's Title matches were good. I thoughts Cena-Reigns had potential but that finish is just shit. Cena hit the two-consecutive AA's he hit Styles with back at the Royal Rumble and beat him for the title, but Reigns kicked out of that then stalled a bit. Popped up and hit a Superman punch, a spear and the victory. I MEAN, C'MON.

I understand that Vince is really high on Reigns, and this could be a torch-passing storyline but they could have had Cena win this one and act as the snotty vet then walk away to shoot a movie and say that he'll be back for Reigns if he's actually ready because right now he's not. Then have Reigns win over him at Wrestlemania. Instead, we got REIGNSWINLOL

Brock-Braun also had potential, but that finish is also garbage. Joe had the same showing at Great Balls of Fire but fall with ONE F-5. They could have given both Joe and Strowman more credibility by kicking out of one F-5 and have Brock needing to hit another one to beat them.

And Enzo eating shit the past couple of months probably paid off?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Poor Cesaro
phpBB [video]

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 pm

I wonder how much Lesnar really moves the needle in terms of ratings and revenue. His act is beyond stale, now. There's no intrigue because he (well, mostly Heyman) says he's going to win, and then he does just that, each and every time. It's basically the same match every time, then he makes a limited amount of appearances until his next match, at which point it all goes down the same way once again. The moment they had him break The Streak, they booked themselves into a corner and made one of their biggest draws boring as a result.

Braun's one of the best things going right now, having greatly improved across the board, and being a credible enough guy to take down Lesnar. If they keep having him blow title shots without dirty finishes, though, he's basically going to turn into Ryback.

I like the idea of Cena going over Reigns the first time, and making him earn the passing of the torch win at a big event, most likely Wrestlemania. For all the bad booking decisions they've made with Cena over the years, Reigns is worse, if only because they obviously didn't learn from their mistakes with Cena and the audience is really against it this time around. There would've been more intrigue if Reigns had lost, leading to a story where he ultimately redeems himself after working to get to Cena's level, so to speak. As you said, Lean, it's gone from CENAWINSLOL to REIGNSWINSLOL.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:35 pm

I hate it when they propel somebody to be the next main guy, Cena earned my respect when he started putting up great singles matches the past couple of years (still hate that gimmick though) but Reigns just won't do it for me. When he was with the Shield, Reigns was okay because his limitations are being shadowed pretty well by Ambrose and Rollins. They way he's booked now is just too much. They could at least turn him heel to have him go along with the crowd reactions.

Meanwhile, seems like Enzo's shit-eating ain't done yet. :lol: TRIPLE EDIT: It may also look like a double-turn for Enzo and Neville.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Lean
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic