Injuries?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Injuries?

Postby wdt92 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 pm

So I have recently bought this game from the sale on Steam. I have been playing it for about 20 or so full games and many partial halftime attempts to get sliders I like in MyCareer, MyGM & MyLeague. In this time, I've realized I haven't once seen a single injury when I've played the game. I know they're in the game with sims as while playing MyCareer & MyLeague I saw many injuries when I wasn't playing. But I'm just curious if there's a bug in the Update or I'm just experiencing crazy luck? I've looked online and seems most people have had the opposite issue. I've even went as far as upping the Injury sliders to 100 and lower the Fatigue, Durability and Stamina to 0 just to see one. Any help or feedback would be fantastic! Thanks. :)
wdt92

Re: Injuries?

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:04 am

wdt92 wrote:So I have recently bought this game from the sale on Steam. I have been playing it for about 20 or so full games and many partial halftime attempts to get sliders I like in MyCareer, MyGM & MyLeague. In this time, I've realized I haven't once seen a single injury when I've played the game. I know they're in the game with sims as while playing MyCareer & MyLeague I saw many injuries when I wasn't playing. But I'm just curious if there's a bug in the Update or I'm just experiencing crazy luck? I've looked online and seems most people have had the opposite issue. I've even went as far as upping the Injury sliders to 100 and lower the Fatigue, Durability and Stamina to 0 just to see one. Any help or feedback would be fantastic! Thanks. :)

They are there, trust me. They will hit you when you expect them the least. I was worried too about this particular subject, it seemed to me that injuries couldn't take place during actual gameplay (they did happen during simulation though). Then as the season was comming to an end, I played the last 8 games on 12 min/quarter because I wanted to clinch the second seed. I got 3 players injured during so, two of which got injured in the same game. One of them had a minor injury and the player managed to shake off the injury by the end of the game. Then the Playoffs came. As usual, I'd play every single game during the post-season. First round went smoothly without any injury but in the second round I was decimated by gameplay injuries (ACLs, shoulder surgeries, anything ugly - you name it, I had it). I got 4 injuries out of 6 games during that round. Almost half of my team was injured and I got eliminated.
I guess you should actually feel good about not getting one of those nasty injuries early in the season. You'll facepalm yourself later, you'll see, haha.

Everything I've mentioned was happening the last week. My guess is that I had the latest update during that period.
I Hate Mondays

Postby wdt92 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
wdt92 wrote:So I have recently bought this game from the sale on Steam. I have been playing it for about 20 or so full games and many partial halftime attempts to get sliders I like in MyCareer, MyGM & MyLeague. In this time, I've realized I haven't once seen a single injury when I've played the game. I know they're in the game with sims as while playing MyCareer & MyLeague I saw many injuries when I wasn't playing. But I'm just curious if there's a bug in the Update or I'm just experiencing crazy luck? I've looked online and seems most people have had the opposite issue. I've even went as far as upping the Injury sliders to 100 and lower the Fatigue, Durability and Stamina to 0 just to see one. Any help or feedback would be fantastic! Thanks. :)

They are there, trust me. They will hit you when you expect them the least. I was worried too about this particular subject, it seemed to me that injuries couldn't take place during actual gameplay (they did happen during simulation though). Then as the season was comming to an end, I played the last 8 games on 12 min/quarter because I wanted to clinch the second seed. I got 3 players injured during so, two of which got injured in the same game. One of them had a minor injury and the player managed to shake off the injury by the end of the game. Then the Playoffs came. As usual, I'd play every single game during the post-season. First round went smoothly without any injury but in the second round I was decimated by gameplay injuries (ACLs, shoulder surgeries, anything ugly - you name it, I had it). I got 4 injuries out of 6 games during that round. Almost half of my team was injured and I got eliminated.
I guess you should actually feel good about not getting one of those nasty injuries early in the season. You'll facepalm yourself later, you'll see, haha.

Everything I've mentioned was happening the last week. My guess is that I had the latest update during that period.

I hope you're right. Thanks for replying also! I'm testing it now in Season mode, and I've noticed Wear and Tear isn't carrying over to played games. Is that how it's supposed to be / is that how it does for you? When playing the actual game, the players have no wear and tear when I play a game but looking at the roster they're all red before hand. Funny enough I actually feel unlucky that I still haven't seen a single injury. Lol.
wdt92

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 am

wdt92 wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:

I hope you're right. Thanks for replying also! I'm testing it now in Season mode, and I've noticed Wear and Tear isn't carrying over to played games. Is that how it's supposed to be / is that how it does for you? When playing the actual game, the players have no wear and tear when I play a game but looking at the roster they're all red before hand. Funny enough I actually feel unlucky that I still haven't seen a single injury. Lol.

You mean those temporary decreases in OVR due to overusing a player ( he has a drained battery icon next to him)? If we are on the same page, I've never actually checked if those temporary decreases reflect during gameplay. I know for a fact that those players who get fatigued have their morale affected (thus affecting a lot of gameplay areas, as well as management areas) or they can get injured faster. That's 100% true if you sim games. But if you have noticed those decreases don't carry on during gameplay, the core of the game might as well ditch the injury rule during gameplay. I will have to check myself asap.
I Hate Mondays

Postby wdt92 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:16 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
wdt92 wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:

You mean those temporary decreases in OVR due to overusing a player ( he has a drained battery icon next to him)? If we are on the same page, I've never actually checked if those temporary decreases reflect during gameplay. I know for a fact that those players who get fatigued have their morale affected (thus affecting a lot of gameplay areas, as well as management areas) or they can get injured faster. That's 100% true if you sim games. But if you have noticed those decreases don't carry on during gameplay, the core of the game might as well ditch the injury rule during gameplay. I will have to check myself asap.

Not exactly that, though related. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the game runs a Wear and Tear system that cumulates the season's damages to the player. When I play however, the player doesn't have any. So when I look at the roster it showcases little dings (the color has begun to turn red) but when I play the game, the player is healthy again. No problems unless the player was simmed into an injury.

So this is what I see when I look at the roster:
https://ibb.co/kXjiE5

This is what I see when I look at the player when I play the game:
https://ibb.co/eyfC7Q
wdt92

Postby wdt92 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 am

Nevermind. I got the injuries to work. Thanks for your reply earlier! :) I still don't understand wear and tear though, if it doesn't carry over I'm not sure the point of it truthfully.
wdt92

Postby nextnba on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:56 am

The injuries is awful. I get an injury almost every time I play and I have it set to 5. My last game but K. Irving and L. James got injured in the exact same game so now I have it set to 2. The bad thing with 2 is that you don't have any sim injuries now more.
nextnba

Return to NBA 2K17