Cavs add an MVP... its Derrick Rose

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Cavs add an MVP... its Derrick Rose

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:12 am

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Cavs add an MVP... its Derrick Rose

Postby Sauru on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:53 am

good now they can proceed to trade kyrie to the celtics for pennies. he gets to be the man, the celtics get to win, and lebron gets to join the lakers. everyone wins
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:56 am

Better move if Kyrie stays, but I doubt it'll be incentive for him to back away from his demands. Unless Rose has developed a three-point shot, it's going to be a big step back for the Cavs.

Rose should've gone to Phoenix. He'd never have to worry about his knees again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jwin on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:31 pm

jwin

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Darth Rose. He doesn't even have to change his nickname.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Wolfy03 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:07 pm

For me, not so bad nove by the Cavs. D Rose is perfect for backup point guard, I belive he is going to do much better job than D Williams. If Kyrie leaves, I think they sre going to trade him for Bleadsoe,so D Rose and him can share minutes on PG.
Wolfy03

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:53 am

Nice, I dont think he is much of risk at pennies for 1 season. Look how much 2nd tier role players get paid these days. Rose at fractional cost of that? Worth a go and he perhaps can play role of SG more alongside LBJ. Should get LBJ boosted.

Hope he does well and gets a nice contract next year.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:57 am

Playing off the ball and shooting threes aren't really Rose's strengths, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:11 am

gotta take care of his kids.. on a minimum nba salary. a 40yr old vince carter signed a bigger contract. even rondo got a bigger contract, even after the Pels broke the bank on holiday

yet, good move for the cavs. go get em Drose. for sure he'll have 4 monster games vs the bulls
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:25 am

He was rumored for Milwaukee at one point. I think the biggest thing for him was proximity to Chicago since Chicago is not an option. He can now disappear and go to Chicago a bit easier
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:55 am

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:58 am

Rose was talking max contract halfway through the season, big ouch.

However, when he is playing... he is still has a lot left. He impressed me both in his last season with the Bulls, and this past season with the Knicks. He gets a ton of crap for his injuries, and some of it is do. But in regards to how much basketball he has left... when he is healthy and on the floor... he seems to have quite a bit left.

With the Knicks, he averaged 18 a game while being above 47% from the field, with his lowest turnover per game output of his career.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:30 am

I was done with Rose after his AWOL incident.....plus, the dude couldn't guard me.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:11 am

Dee4Three wrote:

Rose was talking max contract halfway through the season, big ouch.

However, when he is playing... he is still has a lot left. He impressed me both in his last season with the Bulls, and this past season with the Knicks. He gets a ton of crap for his injuries, and some of it is do. But in regards to how much basketball he has left... when he is healthy and on the floor... he seems to have quite a bit left.

With the Knicks, he averaged 18 a game while being above 47% from the field, with his lowest turnover per game output of his career.

When healthy, he can definitely contribute. The problem is that he's never developed a reliable jumpshot, in particular from three-point range. Now that three-point shooting has become such a big part of the game, it makes his repertoire look less effective and appealing to contemporary offensive tactics. As injuries and age take their toll on his athleticism, he'll need to adapt to remain effective, but that's something that should've happened by now. For now, he's still a steal at that price, but he's also a player who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. That's probably not going to happen very much on the same team as LeBron.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:11 pm

This is the new reality.

Rose at 28 year old, averaged 18 points, 4.4 assists, 3.8 rebounds on a team with Carmelo Anthony and yet, no teams wanted to pay him much(much rather give big fat cheque to role players) he had to settle for the minimum-minimum. Those kind of number in the past would have put him in upper echelon of total team salary.

Stats matter more than ever now. Teams caught up a long time ago and smartened up. Monta Ellis awhile back signaled a big change in the league. That guy who was averaging like 20+ points opted out to get a better contract but he hadn't thought about how teams started to value advanced stats and did not want to pay him too much. He fired his agent and had to settle for one year contract, losing shit load of money. It was all downhill for him from there. It was too obvious through advanced stats his 20 points was merely matching league average offense output and undersized for modern SG position. Despite fans thinking he's good because he can score, teams figured out teams were playing better with him actually on the bench.

Rose is no different. He can of course register numbers across the board but is evident he is not the same anymore. While this signing by the Cavs look nice, he needs to be more efficient this time around with them or the team is no better having Rose on the team but rather regressed especially with Irving gone.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Q] on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:21 pm

NovU wrote:This is the new reality.

Rose at 28 year old, averaged 18 points, 4.4 assists, 3.8 rebounds on a team with Carmelo Anthony and yet, no teams wanted to pay him much(much rather give big fat cheque to role players) he had to settle for the minimum-minimum. Those kind of number in the past would have put him in upper echelon of total team salary.

Stats matter more than ever now. Teams caught up a long time ago and smartened up. Monta Ellis awhile back signaled a big change in the league. That guy who was averaging like 20+ points opted out to get a better contract but he hadn't thought about how teams started to value advanced stats and did not want to pay him too much. He fired his agent and had to settle for one year contract, losing shit load of money. It was all downhill for him from there. It was too obvious through advanced stats his 20 points was merely matching league average offense output and undersized for modern SG position. Despite fans thinking he's good because he can score, teams figured out teams were playing better with him actually on the bench.

Rose is no different. He can of course register numbers across the board but is evident he is not the same anymore. While this signing by the Cavs look nice, he needs to be more efficient this time around with them or the team is no better having Rose on the team but rather regressed especially with Irving gone.

Anybody can put the ball in the bucket. Hell, even Lavar Ball averaged 2.2 ppg in his prime
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:25 am

Being compared to Montana Ellis? Thats a low blow..
But true

Rose off the bench is a great fit for him. He'll get to bum slay and play with a bunch of shooters
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Wolfy03 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:19 am

I think he is going to be really good in Cavs, don't know why, just a hunch. Either way, much better job than with Deron Williams.
Wolfy03

Return to NBA & Basketball