Chris Manning (LD2k) to appear on my podcast tomorrow

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Chris Manning (LD2k) to appear on my podcast tomorrow

Postby dwdufour on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:12 am

Hey guys, Dave DuFour here.

I host "On the NBA with Dave DuFour" and will be having Chris Manning on the podcast tomorrow.

I would love to get some of this communities questions answered.

You can drop your question here in the thread, hit me up on Twitter, or catch the Live Periscope of the podcast.

https://twitter.com/DaveDuFourNBA
dwdufour

Re: Chris Manning (LD2k) to appear on my podcast tomorrow

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 am

Do NBA2K developers look at communities for ideas/criticism OTHER than Operation Sports/Twitter/Reddit for example the NLSC.

There is a lot of created content (mods) here that could inspire developers, in many cases the content is a lot more accurate than the developers renditions.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 am

I wonder how much they look at NLSC as well, we have a lot of talent here, also many good ideas and constructive critiques.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:50 am

Is there a rough timeframe on when we'll be receiving further news/developer blogs etc? In previous years, the flow of previews seemed like a steadier, consistent stream, compared to the past couple of preview seasons.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TRIIIAD on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:13 pm

They definitely check the NLSC (at least they used to) since they hired Leftos and Jao from here.
TRIIIAD

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:33 pm

TRIIIAD wrote:They definitely check the NLSC (at least they used to) since they hired Leftos and Jao from here.

Well I've always wondered because they always mention OS/Reddit etc. but they never talk about the NLSC.

It might have something to do with the fact that users here produce content with a lot of copyrighted material and they don't want to be associated with that but who knows. Plus didn't Leftos and Jao apply for the jobs, or were they actually contacted by 2K themselves?
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:34 pm

I think Leftos and I talked about how we got to 2K in the NLSC podcast! [/plug] And if not, I know we did talk about NLSC and our hiring process in the OS video series (Ep1 and throughout iirc)....if you're interested

dwdufour, since you're asking different communities for questions it might be good to ask him what he likes to see from the community regarding effective feedback. The more ears hearing what he has to say on that the better.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby dwdufour on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:11 pm

JaoSming wrote:I think Leftos and I talked about how we got to 2K in the NLSC podcast! [/plug] And if not, I know we did talk about NLSC and our hiring process in the OS video series (Ep1 and throughout iirc)....if you're interested

dwdufour, since you're asking different communities for questions it might be good to ask him what he likes to see from the community regarding effective feedback. The more ears hearing what he has to say on that the better.

That's a good idea. I'll be sure to ask that.
dwdufour

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:49 pm

I guess the other thing to ask before submitting any further questions is, do you have a basic idea of what he's going to be allowed to talk about in regards to NBA 2K18 (if anything, because it's obviously early), or whether it's going to be strictly community-related questions? That'll help me and anyone else tailor questions accordingly, as long as there's still time. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dwdufour on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:56 pm

That's the tricky part. I'll be running them by 2k tomorrow, so I'm not quite sure yet. I figured I was better off being ambitious about getting questions than waiting until the last minute.
dwdufour

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:33 pm

No problem. Perhaps a mix of community-related and game-specific questions would be best. Let me have a quick think.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18