Lakers vs Celtics Commentators

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Lakers vs Celtics Commentators

Postby whitenoise1 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:02 pm

I don't know where to post this so I'll just put it here. Please move it to the correct section if It's in the wrong one.
Anyways..

I just have one silly question.. I know it's a bit too late coz of NBA 2K18 approaching or whatever but..
In NBA 2K17 MyCareer, If you win 2 titles for Los Angeles Lakers to get their 18th NBA Championship and finally get past the Boston Celtics 17 Title Record.. Would the commentator still talk about the Lakers being behind the Celtics in number of championship titles? Or did 2K somehow managed to think ahead of this and actually added a new dialogue for immersion?

An advance thank you to whomever would give an answer based on experience and whatnot.
whitenoise1

Re: Lakers vs Celtics Commentators

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:34 pm

As I recall, a couple of times they have actually recorded lines that anticipated certain events (such as Steve Nash leaving Phoenix, if I recall correctly), but most of the time, they don't. Lines in the commentary that reference history and offer up trivia aren't dynamic, so they'd have to be prerecorded just in case. I can't confirm it because I haven't experienced that scenario play out in NBA 2K17 myself, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say they didn't prepare for it with any special commentary in NBA 2K17. Might be interesting to set up that scenario and see, but it seems unlikely.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K17