Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Bruce on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:58 pm

I know it is the Summer League. but it has been quite a while that the Lakers was used in the same sentence as finals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Jackal on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 am

Lonzo Ball is amazingly fun to watch as a player. He's pure fun. When I think of an ideal way to play basketball (Steve Nash, Jason Kidd), this is what I think of. I hope he has a long, successful career. I'm definitely a fan.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 am

So many rookies especially guards are excelling in summer league from this year's class. Perhaps the hype was real.

And I told you guys this. Ainge should have put his foot down and drafted Lonzo with the top pick. #fucDaCelts :lol:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Bruce on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Jackal wrote:Lonzo Ball is amazingly fun to watch as a player. He's pure fun. When I think of an ideal way to play basketball (Steve Nash, Jason Kidd), this is what I think of. I hope he has a long, successful career. I'm definitely a fan.

I think there are some things that Lonzo needs to work on in his physique to keep himself from getting hurt in the future. But he certainly has the talent.

And how about that Kuzma kid? He has made the summer league awards 2nd team. Without Lonzo in the game and less than 3 minutes to go, Kuzma has put up 30 and the team is up by 12. How great is it that he has suddenly found a 3pt shot. If Kuzma keeps this up, he will certainly be recognized as a good stretch 4 and should not have trouble finding success in the league. Randle better watch out or he might be out of a starting job soon. In this short time, it is looking like Kuzma and Adebayo are good steal in draft. Let us see how they fare going into the season.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Really psyched about KUZZZZZZZZZ

I think Ball Bryant and Kuzma can all contribute this year, plus we've already seen massive improvement from Ingram plus Julius should havea career year as well with his physical transformation. So excited to see these young'ns play with the team now, after knowing absolutely nothing about them
Lopez/Bryant/Zubitch
Randle/Nance
Ingram/Kuz/Deng
KCP/Clarkson/Brewer
Ball/Clarkson
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Bruce on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Last I heard Thomas Bryant and Ennis are still without contracts. And I think Deng has voiced that he wants to play at 4, which fits in todays NBA. Brewer is a good perimeter defender, but he lacks the legit ball handling skills of a guard, so I think he should be played more at 3. Clarkson also is not a legit lead guard, I think he still works best at 2. The Rondo boat could be sailing away soon. But it will serve the Lakers better if they have an experienced lead guard to stabilize things. If it were up to me, I favor Brooks or Udrih. Both have legit veteran PG experience will show flashes on scoring if needed and could possibly be had for cheap. Ennis is a young developing talent that is still floating around.

So I think the '17-'18 roster should look a little more like this.

Lopez/Zubac/(Bryant???)
Randle/Nance/Deng
Ingram/Kuz/Brewer
KCP/Clarkson/Hart
Ball/[please sign somebody]/(Ennis???)/Caruso
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:01 pm

I remember seeing before summer league an instagram post of all of them signing contracts, so I'm pretty sure all the rookies are signed. I could see Deng at the 4. Don't know how much Hart will play if any. I agree they could sign a veteran PG out there to a one year deal to help develop Lonzo's game.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Ok fuck it I'm buying in on the hype. At least, it won't be like the Howard-Nash-Bryant season where everybody thought we're going to be a dominant team..
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Jackal on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:20 pm

I think Hart will be a rotational player. I read he's got a decent outside shot and with the Lakers spacing, I think he'll get a chance. Also I think Zu will get more back up minutes compared to Bryant off the bat.

It's a nice collection of talent. Looking forward to the strides both Ingram and hopefully Randle have made this year.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:15 am

Zubat kept pissing me off costing Lonzo assists with his kwame brown hands all summer league. I'd rather not see him on the court
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 am

Sup with nwaba being cut? Even Heard some chirps from lakers fans not liking the move
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:22 am

air gordon wrote:Sup with nwaba being cut? Even Heard some chirps from lakers fans not liking the move

They messed that one up. They thought no team would pick him up and that they'd pick him up at a later date.

Bad move, kid is athletic and plays hard every trip. Good on him being picked up asap.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:45 am

Yeah that was a mistake. I was excited for him too. Seems like a bit of a waste cutting a guy that could potentially be on the team for a few years just to have an extra mil or two to give to a one year rental
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:52 am

NovU wrote:

And I told you guys this. Ainge should have put his foot down and drafted Lonzo with the top pick. #fucDaCelts :lol:

he could end up being 3 times as good as michael jordan and that still would have been a bad choice for the celtics as this dude had 0 intentions of every playing for the celtics.
Sauru

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:34 am

Sauru wrote:he could end up being 3 times as good as michael jordan and that still would have been a bad choice for the celtics

If he comes even close to MJ, I wonder what people will say about the Celtics/Sixers "passing up on Lonzo" a few years down the line.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Sauru on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:33 am

Axel. wrote:
Sauru wrote:he could end up being 3 times as good as michael jordan and that still would have been a bad choice for the celtics

If he comes even close to MJ, I wonder what people will say about the Celtics/Sixers "passing up on Lonzo" a few years down the line.

people will say they made a mistake without taking anything else into account. they do this with sam bowie/jordan and oden/durant. they dont consider things outside of where the player was at the end of his career.

there are going to be people at the end of the season saying how both those teams were wrong anyway as lonzo is sure to put up better numbers in his rookie year than both fultz/tatum. the only player with any shot at ROTY outside of ball is fox
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:39 am

I'm not counting out Ben Simmons just yet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Dennis Smith Jr ROTY
Will put up stats on a winning team
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Any prediction on next Flynn/Ammo/Fredette/Bennett/Thabeet?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:41 am

That's mean lol

I could see kennard not playing up to his draft position
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Anyone catching tonight's game?

Ingram looks way broader in the shoulder. Hope no one gets injured and it's a good game overall. Looking forward to watch Ingram-Ball.

In other news Frank Hamblen passed away. RIP coach.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:49 pm

WTF Minnesota wearing white. Did they do that because they chose to or did they do that because Lakers gold is technically the away jersey?

Kuzzzzzz is so sick. Already one of my favorite Lakers
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Thank God nba basketball is back!

The Lakeshow has a nice young core of players and showed it for the most part, the Twolves have to much firepower to close out a close game but loved what I saw from Kuz and Ball
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jackal on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:35 am

Gotta love Thibs playing Butler the entire first quarter too. Thibs gonna Thibs.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:05 am

Whoa. Who that skinny guy wearing that randle uniform??
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball