Miami Heat Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Miami Heat Thread

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:20 pm

Whiteside has a block party against Noel and Okafor whose combo probably leads the league in BA(blocks against, lol). Hassan for the year is averaging 4.5 blk per game. But there was a couple occasions where he let his player slip by to get blk. I hope he entirely cuts out on those junk stat padding habits.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Axel on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:10 am

NovU wrote:Fair point there Axel. But I am one of those skeptical ones about Winslow. I don't think he would be logging this many minutes if things were looking up. How many contenders rely on their rookie to play heavy role? Not saying the Heat were definite contender but they were expected to be relevant in East with just about everyone coming back healthy from injuries.

Anyways, Hassan Whiteside is looking like the best Heat player now. Bosh and Dragic need to step up ffs.

Well, 2.5 weeks later, I think its becoming clearer what Winslow's role is. First man off the bench every night, and he always plays down the stretch. Last game he committed a loose ball foul after turning it over on two consecutive possessions. Coach took him out, but brought him back to close out the 4th per usual, and he was great. I love his toughness and how he doesn't let previous plays affect his resolve.

Spo's allocation of PT to Whiteside is a bit befuddling though. The Sixers started fouling him, and he made 3/4 from the free throw stripe. Coach takes him out right after and keeps in McRoberts?? Seriously one of my least favorite players on this team, his D sucks.
Axel

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Wow! What a win over the Thunder. Seems like Kevin Durant threw out nice guy act, he went nearly thug on Dragic who's half his size. But ofc Wade comes big in clutch time. Nice.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Both Heat and Whiteside were lucky that Andersen, McBob, and Haslem got old real fast. That finally opened up the door for Hassan.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Hah! The Heat are 3rd in East. This is quite an amazing turn around from last year when they failed to make the playoffs.

Rookie Josh Richardson is a real deal. Thanks to injuries like how they found Whiteside, Josh was finally given a shot at cracking the rotation. He made most out of it. Justise Winslow and Gerald Green both seemingly fell behind him in rotation. 40th overall pick is playing better than 10th overall. Perhaps it's his age and maturity. His defense and basketball IQ are helping big time. (Y)
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:21 pm

All with Bosh sidelined since the All-Star break once again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:36 pm

Reviving this thread for Olynyk highlights to come.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 am

So is novu still a Miami fan?

Riley positioned the team to be a big player in free agency but missed on the big names

Brightside is Spo is a great coach and Miami is becoming a place to resurrect careers

And it will be a challenge to fit Winslow back with the starters
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:52 am

air gordon wrote:So is novu still a Miami fan?

Nah, he's a Wade fan. He's pretty active in the Bulls thread now. So he's a Bulls/Wade fan right now.

At least that's my understanding of it.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 am

I stopped following the Heat since Wade left. In fact, I dislike Riley and owner/management quite a bit now mostly for how they handled Wade who was like Kobe to the Lakers and Dirk to the Mavs. I also think it played a role in their failure to land anyone significant this offseason. Their reputation's been hurt imho.

I don't know. I don't quite feel like a Bulls fan though part of me would always remain a Wade's fan. I am a drifter, for now with CHI being my temporary nest.

As Wade's on decline, my soul's been in search of a new bandwagon that I could hop onto. Preferably someone exciting on court and likable off court. Teams don't matter much. I am thinking Lonzo Ball at the moment but hugely depends on his play on court and character off the court from this point on. Only fucked up thing is that he's a Laker. I guess they aren't Celtics at least.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:19 am

For shame. Thought Riley would play the waiting game with their cap like how Cuban did

Spo is a great coach and there are some good pieces there. I'd like to see them bounce back for sure
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball