The NBA Off-Topic Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

The NBA Off-Topic Thread

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:34 am

Had a surprise visitor at my job today. Shaquille O'Neal stopped by the office - he had a business meeting with some of the sales guys. After his meeting, he was nice enough to take pics with some of my co-workers.

You don't realize how big these cats are until you see them up close - that mfer is huge, but he looked slimmer than he does on TV.
Jeffx

Re: The NBA Off-Topic Thread

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:24 am

That's awesome! (Y) I'll admit that I'm not a fan of the way Shaq carries himself at times, but he seems to be a pretty cool guy when it comes to fans.

I know what you mean about being struck by how tall NBA players are when you meet them. I know I've told the story before, but when EA flew me in for the NBA Live 08 community event in New York where they took us to the 2007 Draft, they put us up in the same hotel the Draftees were staying at. I was going down to the lobby to meet up with a couple of the guys, the elevator doors open, and there's Greg Oden with a couple of members of his entourage. I'm 6'3", which is not especially tall, but since the average height is around 5'9", 5'10", I'm used to being one of the tallest people in the room. Oden just towered over me though, and made me feel like I was 5'0".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:20 am

I'm a short 5'5" guy and feel like an ant next to these guys. Though not an NBA player, but certainly taller than 99% of them, I met The Great Khali last time WrestleMania was in Houston. He was sitting down and was still taller than I was.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:20 am

pic or didn't happen
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Andrew just admitted he jinxed Greg Oden's career with that fateful elevator meet.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:43 pm

:shifty:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball